ROJ SE Sound quality fiixng?

Luke Skywalker

Well i was 'playing' with the options in my Micro componet system (micro Chaine) while playing ROJ SE and I put the Equalizer options to Rock. Well it bass the bass sounds, but it clarifies the other sounds! There is more clear sound, i think

Mine has only flat-pop-jazz-rock but i know others have classical and more, so it may sound better than mine. Well try it :banghead:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm just deaf.I don't see any real problem with the sound of any of the RotJ albums over the years and am happy we at least got all the music finally in 1997.(and don't bring up the Sail Barge source cue please).

K.M.

Yeah I mean ROTJ even with so-so sound at least doesn't have all the mixing problems found in the TESB 2CD set. It's a lesser problem then having all the cuts from TESB mixed differently.

SOund of ROTJ isn't that bad, it's just that the EQ's are totally screwed, I think it's better than the others in clearity.

Actually I think the sound of ROTJ SE is quite lacking in some parts. Specially in cues like The Emperor's Throne Room and The Dark Side Beckons ( :cry: )

what exactly is the Dark Side Beckons? Is it the Emperor's theme or something. because there is no track title on my SE that is called that.

Ted

It's the music that accompanies the scene in Return of the Jedi when Luke finally snaps and defeats Vader in their last dueling scene.

TESB is my best score overall as I stated,but this is IMO THE BEST SCORED SCENE of any Star Wars movie,or any movie I can think of for that matter.The quasi religious chorus-orchestra flowing along the clashing lightsabers and Vader retreating slowly as Luke ovepowers him.Brilliant!

K.M.

I have yet to listen to Jedi on my new Philipps Magnovox Stereo with Dynamic Base Boost. :)

Justin -Who will give it a listen this afternoon.

I have yet to listen to Jedi

Justin -Who will give it a listen this afternoon.

Oh My,you never heard THAT cue.As said in the liner notes of the box set issued in 1994,it was the most wanted piece of film music of all films!I remember purchasing the set,and since there wasn't track titles,I litterally ripped open the box and saw "The Final Duel" on the expanded ROTJ c.d. I got goosebumps before I even played it!

k.M.

Same here, I listened to bits and pieces of the 4 CD's in the music store, looking for those cues I had been dying to hear for soooooo long.

I to had goosebumps when that dark chorus of Final Duel set in.

Stefancos- wondering if a better 30 seconds of music was ever composed.

I'm with you guys on this one. That piece of music is the ultimate climax in the starwars saga. I doubt if they recorded that piece again it would sound the same.

And it works wonderfully in the movie.

Possibly the most moving and powerful 30 seconds of music ever writen.

You always have those cues in the box set which if I understand come from a different source and are EQ ed different.

With lower clearity, but I only have that release in mp3 without a very high bit rate

Possibly the most moving and powerful 30 seconds of music ever writen.

I agree :)

I hope no one minds if I join 'The Dark Side Beckons' love fest going on here. :biglaugh:

Like Merk, Stefan and the King have mentioned already, THE BEST 30 SECONDS COMPOSED OF ALL TIME! Still gives me goosebumps everytime I hear that part of the music. And I have listened to that a lot.

stewdog - :) Rudy - another piece that gives me goosebumps.

It's by far the part from th Star Wars musical saga I listen to more often.

And everytime I watch the film I cry in that scene. Everytime. There aren't many movies that conatin scenes like that (I would say 80% of the ffect of the scene comes from JW, maybe even more).

BTW, what does Dark Side Beckons really mean. I know all the words, I just don't quite understand the meaning of the title.

It means that the Dark Side is inviting Luke in. Luke was at the door step of turning to the dark side at that point. He may have even touched the dark side to defeat Vader.

It means that the Dark Side is inviting Luke in.  Luke was at the door step of turning to the dark side at that point.  He may have even touched the dark side to defeat Vader.

Actually,it's ironic that in my understaning of the movie Luke DID turn to the dark side for 30 seconds or so.The music may be be indicative of the struggle and conflicts within him(the tone of the orchestra seem opposite to the chorus).He actually just stopped himself short of killing Vader ultimately.

Note to Joe BTW who finds Vader wimpy in RotJ.He was never as malevolent as when he is luring Luke toward that final duel.

K.M.

It's the music that accompanies the scene in Return of the Jedi when Luke finally snaps and defeats Vader in their last dueling scene.

TESB is my best score overall as I stated,but this is IMO THE BEST SCORED SCENE of any Star Wars movie,or any movie I can think of for that matter.The quasi religious chorus-orchestra flowing along the clashing lightsabers and Vader retreating slowly as Luke ovepowers him.Brilliant!

K.M.

thanks, K.M.

i agree on how powerful it is. every time i listen to it i get the chills... and i mean every time! it is incredible. there's something so unique and striking about it.

Ted, who think that music is incredibly powerful!