Best missing cue

Morlock

And just because we talked about themes that are/are not on CDs above...at least a little hint of that Great Hall theme can be heard on the CD when they cross the lake towards Hogwarts, after the bold statement of Hedwig's theme.

Yes, that part is like a teaser, it's so short and makes me want more of the theme.

Ray Barnsbury

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for PS,i would say Harry's theme just before Leaving Hogwarts when erverybody throw their hats in the air.Can anybody confirm it's the same cue as Harry's theme in Reunion of Friends in CoS.

K.M.

Let's just get back to David's theme from A.I. that Ray and Diskobolus were talking about. I always thought that David's theme was that eerie tune heard at the conclusion of "The Mecha World"? It can also be heard in the background in "Hide and Seek" as well as in between Monica's Theme in "The Reunion". Am I right? All I'm going off here is that when I heard this music, I instantly thought of David's character and predicament. It captures his essence completely: a sweet, innocent theme, much like something that would represent a young boy, only its played in a very tonal and artificial way that brilliantly conveys David's mecha origins. And at the end, in "The Reunion" when David essentially achieves his wish, the theme is heard orchestrally as if to signify this successful transition from android to human. This is an excellent example of Spielberg's comments in the liner notes about Williams's music being able to tell the story even without images.

CYPHER

Hey Cypher, very well put about the theme! I don't think that's what diskobulus was talking about, since he said it wasn't released (not counting the academy promo). But I have no idea, and I liked your thoughts. That theme is really great, one of my favorite parts of the scre.

Ray Barnsbury