1999 TPM Live Chat with John Williams

SF1_freeze

The German Star Wars Site Starwars-Union.de recently posted a translated 1999 live chat transcript with John Williams. That really surprised me as i wasn't aware that JW did a chat once. It's also not listed

in Interviews on JWFAN. I googled a bit and found the original chat transcript right on the starwas.com page. I'm sure a lot of you don't know that "interview" and would like to check it out,

so here is the link :P

http://www.starwars.com/themovies/episode-...506099news.html

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The chat was ghost written by Williams' son. But he had all of Williams' stock replies with him so it's just like Williams wrote it himself.

Sadly enough I remember that chat. I was there the day it happened since I was part of the Star Wars RPG chat group in Talk City back in the day.

The chat was ghost written by Williams' son. But he had all of Williams' stock replies with him so it's just like Williams wrote it himself.

"John Williams has a typist, but the typist gets exact notes by Williams where to press enter, how fast to type etc. It's 10-line sketches at least, with every slightest space marked and other notes on spelling details. The typist is really nothing more than an executor. If Williams were to chat himself, he'd type exactly the same way his typist does for him."