Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Laserschwert

This is what composer Gordy Haab posted on TheRaider.net-forum:

I take it as a (bittersweet) compliment that everyone seems to think all the music is from the original films, but there is actually quite a bit of new music in the game. About an hour worth. All of the fights, battles and chases are scored with music I composed (brand new themes included) - and we did record it with an orchestra!

Regarding hearing the music separated from the game: It'll will be posted to my website soon (pending some logistics). I'll keep this thread posted as to when.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good, but isuppose he just means HIS music, not Williams unreleased stuff.

Most definitely... still I don't think he's going the same route that Jeremy Soule and James Hannigan went, with stripping anything Williams-related from the tracks. At least taking Bajakian's score for "Emperor's Tomb" as a hint, it would be quite an editing job to remove all Williams themes (probably leaving the tracks as quite a mess). Furthermore, if he's releasing it for free on his site, it might just as well be less problematic anyway.

Most definitely... still I don't think he's going the same route that Jeremy Soule and James Hannigan went, with stripping anything Williams-related from the tracks. At least taking Bajakian's score for "Emperor's Tomb" as a hint, it would be quite an editing job to remove all Williams themes (probably leaving the tracks as quite a mess). Furthermore, if he's releasing it for free on his site, it might just as well be less problematic anyway.

Yes, free downloads should be no problem. I believe James Hannigan was forced to remove Hedwig's Theme from his Harry Potter soundtracks in order to sidestep a lot of licensing fees for the selling the score (on iTunes and Amazon). By contrast, the free download of the Force Unleashed soundtrack is full of Williams' themes.

The score is all right, a couple of tracks are very nice but others sound like a bad Williams imitation.

Yes, free downloads should be no problem. I believe James Hannigan was forced to remove Hedwig's Theme from his Harry Potter soundtracks in order to sidestep a lot of licensing fees for the selling the score (on iTunes and Amazon). By contrast, the free download of the Force Unleashed soundtrack is full of Williams' themes.

I believe the game for Superman Returns fell under a similar situation.

There is a free download of TFU?

I believe the game for Superman Returns fell under a similar situation.

I think it was different. I think i read an interview with the composer and it was one of the cases where the game cannot use the film music. So in the game there was not any Williams music, but the composer wrote music that resembled it, like puting ostinatos and the likes.

Like most Harry potter games that didnt use any of the film themes.

In fact, in thei Indy game, the composer did not use the raiders march in any of his compositions. But i think it was more a personal choice this time than actual banning from the producers.