Can anyone explain to me...

Smeagol

I thought for the longest time that it was Craig Armstrong who was doing it. Did I just dream that? WTF?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well one could give a 100 answers as to why.

Craig Armstrong probably composed a score that was too old fashioned or wasn't working and the producers/director probably felt they needed a more modern RC score to fit the ADD style of film making.

If anyone who listened to the sound clips on iTunes is expecting something different than the typical RC score, then they're fooling themselves.

If it looks like a chicken and sounds like a chicken, it's going to taste like a chicken.

So, Armostrong did write a score and it was rejected? I was really looking forward to it, as I enjoy his writing and I thought he did a nice job with Incredible Hulk.

Now I'm reading reviews of the movie and they all say that Djawadi's music, um, sucks, and I'm like: When did this happen? Where's Armstrong?

Goddamit.

Armstrong got rejected at the last second, Djawadi had 3 weeks to score the film. I listened to some of the samples, and was actually surprised. Sounds a bit like POTC. I'll remain optimistic, not for the film though.

But before you call this Zimmer's world, realize Atli Orvarsson got rejected for James Horner for the upcoming Karate Kid remake.

Considering Djawadi's previous efforts, none which have impressed me in the slightest bit, I look forward to hearing his score. Every RCP score doesn't sound like POTC, and even this doesn't sound like it that much. There's a similarity, that's it.

Come on people...I'm sad that Djawadi is doing this, but Armstrong is being martyred just because his score was rejected? His last big score was generic in the extreme...this is not the good fight, people.

Considering Djawadi's previous efforts, none which have impressed me in the slightest bit, I look forward to hearing his score. Every RCP score doesn't sound like POTC, and even this doesn't sound like it that much. There's a similarity, that's it.

Take it from a fellow MV-tolerant - the score's about as generic as it gets.

The shorter answer is probably the likely one:

One of the music eeditor's on Armstrong's score, also works with Ramin, and when it came tiem for a replacement, chances are he made a suggestion which was then took seriously.

Can't stop listening to Djawadi's score! The theme, while not instantly memorable, is still better than average, especially for 3 weeks prep time. If you hated the most recent Transformers score, you'll probably despise CLASH as well. I rather enjoy it, as it doesn't sound as derivative as the previously mentioned score.