Love Actually - Craig Armstrong

Turbo

I recently obtained a 'Promo Score' of Love Actually, however it might be an illegitimate copy.

I was curious if somebody had a legitimate promo that I could compare notes with to validate/invalidate its authenticity. Please post here or send me a PM.

I would prefer to compare by seeing the spectral view of a flac file from the disc, if possible.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really liked the movie too. Normally I am not into romantic comedies, but this one actually made sense, as opposed to the stupid American version He's Just Not That Into You.

Man...i absolutely love this score...and would love a real release. Is the promo the whole score?

I don't remember as I last watched it over a year ago, however I do recall enjoying the score. There were bits of the score on the album release and more on the promo score. Next week I am planning on going through to see what is missing and put all the existing music in chronological order.

We're not really supposed to chat about illegitimate releases here, which is what you have purchased i'm afraid.

There was never an official promo released, the only version that was ever out there with more score than the song albums 2 cues is an Oscar promo, which has been copied over the years to what you have recently purchased.

The Oscar promo was never complete either, hopefully along with Patrick Doyle's Bridget Jones Universal will licence these for a long overdue CD release!

- Tim

We're not really supposed to chat about illegitimate releases here, which is what you have purchased i'm afraid.

There was never an official promo released, the only version that was ever out there with more score than the song albums 2 cues is an Oscar promo, which has been copied over the years to what you have recently purchased.

The Oscar promo was never complete either, hopefully along with Patrick Doyle's Bridget Jones Universal will licence these for a long overdue CD release!

- Tim

I supposedly purchased the 'Oscar Promo.' That's what I'm referring to, and I understand what cannot be talked about on these boards. I was attempting to discuss the legitimate Oscar Promo to see if what I have is it. It contains the 8 tracks and that is all. Since it appears that nobody has it, there is no way I can truly verify this.

That essentially implies that this copy is not legitimate or that nobody else has a copy so I can verify this. Oh well.

I supposedly purchased the 'Oscar Promo.' That's what I'm referring to, and I understand what cannot be talked about on these boards. I was attempting to discuss the legitimate Oscar Promo to see if what I have is it. It contains the 8 tracks and that is all. Since it appears that nobody has it, there is no way I can truly verify this.

That essentially implies that this copy is not legitimate or that nobody else has a copy so I can verify this. Oh well.

But you will know if its legitimate by its packaging? Does it state 'For Your Consideration....' and does it have Universal Music's logo over it etc. 8 Tracks is the correct quantity, as the supposed promos also featured 2 tracks from the song album.

Hope that helps.

- Tim

To clarify further, this is the equivalent of the one I bought (although for less money). It has the 8 tracks and it looks legitimate, however the tracks on the CD have a 192 bitrate.

I have the Peter Pan promo from the same year and the quality is lossless, hence the question. If another person had the Love Actually oscar promo, I would like to compare. Obviously, nobody does.

I appreciate your attempts to help.

• 12 years later...