The Isengard Theme Vs. The Witchking/Orcs of Mordor motif

Faleel

Isengard Theme vs Witchking/Mordor Orcs theme  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Orc motive do you prefer?

• Isengard Theme (With or withought 5 beat)
    • Witchking/Mordor Orcs motif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Witchking/Orcs of Mordor motif!

especially how it sounds similar to the "Faramir and Denethor" motif!

though I love its statement in "In the Morgul Vale"at about 7:27:

I always get goosebumps when the Fellowship theme kicks in at 1:01

:thumbup: Well, I dunno about goosebumps...it's a little too goofy for it to affect me that way...but it's certainly a great moment, yep.

The Isengard Theme. I find that, as nice as the Orcs of Mordor/Witch King theme is, it is ancillary music of Mordor, a rising battle motif that has very limited and focused applicability. Shore cleverly unites the Mordor and Isengard in its contours but the Isengard theme itself, though equally direct and simple, goes through many more interesting permutations throughout the story.

Where did you get the name "In The Morgul Vale" from? Do you have a list of cue titles?

Um, the Book?

You should not use track titles that deviate from the known ones on the releases. You risk a film music fan break down when some of us think you have by some miracle procured the original cue titles for LotR from some secret source. :lol:

Still can't believe the book didn't feature a complete cue list in an appendix somewhere

:lol: I did that with almost every track, some of them were just silly, for example:

"Strider Strikes Back" - "The Caverns of Isengard"

Gandalf's Always follow your nose quote is in there somewher

Parth Galen was changed to "Parth Galen/Boromir's Meltdown/The Uruk-Hai Attack/Merry's Plan/The Death of Boromir/Lurtz"

each film had Main Titles added to the first track's title (for example: Main Title/"One Ring To Rule Them All")

I will try to remember the original titles next time :P

Still can't believe the book didn't feature a complete cue list in an appendix somewhere

The Book came out way before Howard Shore wrote the cues, so why would it have a cue list? ;)

I think Doug Adams and Howard Shore decided on more of a "pure music" approach for the book, eschewing the discussion of the changes of the music in film (which were in the CR liner notes and Annotated Scores) and smaller technicalities of film scoring such as cue numbers and names etc. Shore himself views the collection of smaller separate cues he recorded for longer scenes as continuous whole and likes to give them a one common title as was done on the CRs. And they kept this approach in the book as well to conform to this notion. I agree that another appendix for the cue titles would have been a nice addition but again Mr. Adams walked on the fine line between academia and general public with the book.

I know their reasons for not including them, but I still think it's a shame they weren't included anyway. 2 pages at the end of the book in an apendix wouldn't have ruined the integrity of the rest of the book IMHO.

Alternatively, it would be nice if they'd release that information online somewhere.

I know their reasons for not including them, but I still think it's a shame they weren't included anyway. 2 pages at the end of the book in an apendix wouldn't have ruined the integrity of the rest of the book IMHO.

Alternatively, it would be nice if they'd release that information online somewhere.

I asked Doug directly on his blog..... I did not get a response (well I did, but I had posted two questions in one post and he only answered the one and not the cue list question)

Most likely so we do not know unused/unrecorded cues exist and start demanding a Rarities archive Vol. 2! ;):P:lol: