To Koray!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, sorry, but I definitely don't think so. HTTYD is the only thing even in the same league, and it is only filled with highlights of good material. Tintin, for me, is fantastic from start to finish, and I haven't even seen the film, which usually greatly increases my appreciation.

Yeah, sorry, but I definitely don't think so. HTTYD is the only thing even in the same league, and it is only filled with highlights of good material. Tintin, for me, is fantastic from start to finish, and I haven't even seen the film, which usually greatly increases my appreciation.

I find that CR, KFP1 and 2, and HTTYD are all better than Tintin in the fact that I remember them more and got an emotional response from them, where I get almost nothing from Tintin.

I don't think Tintin is a score that demands an emotional response. I wouldn't expect to get an emotional response other than a sense of adventure(which I got from Tintin) from an Indiana Jones score.

I don't think Tintin is a score that demands an emotional response. I wouldn't expect to get an emotional response other than a sense of adventure(which I got from Tintin) from an Indiana Jones score.

Well I get more of an emotional response from IJ scores than Tintin.

An emotional response can be anything, including a sense of adventure. It's self explanatory. The music causes you to evoke an emotion.

Tintin fails to do so on multiple levels. It's an average score to my ears, with some great cues. Showing me a montage of stuff from the film with music isn't going to influence me, Steef. I've listened to the soundtrack several times.

I might feel differently after seeing the film, I found the music to take some time to break into, and even then I've not warmed up to most of it.

Showing me a montage of stuff from the film with music isn't going to influence me, Steef. I've listened to the soundtrack several times.

Thats an isolated score scene from the film, not a montage FYI

An emotional response can be anything, including a sense of adventure. It's self explanatory. The music causes you to evoke an emotion.

Tintin fails to do so on multiple levels. It's an average score to my ears, with some great cues. Showing me a montage of stuff from the film with music isn't going to influence me, Steef. I've listened to the soundtrack several times.

Hehe, reading this is like stepping back in time to 2008! Ahhhh, good times.

Did he say John Powell was better than this score? :shakehead:

He did, and I agreed.

I'll agree to that the day every one of Powell's score is as good as HTTYD.

Don't get me wrong, I think HTTYD is fecking awesome, but he's never consistently that good.

Hehe, reading this is like stepping back in time to 2008! Ahhhh, good times.

I've been doing that a lot lately ;)

Did I miss anything?

Are we comparing Williams to Powell now? We don't grant him the chops to challenge Giacchino anymore?

Giacchino already surpassed Williams.

This score has been in my head all day. At some point I would remember this or that part and start smiling like an idiot.

I guess some are able to understand this score the same way Koray describes HTTYD. Tintin sounds to me less "serious" and more like raw adventure and mystery.

I find a main difference in the enjoyment of both. Williams transmits something just by the way he writes the music, I just find it funny and entertaining, not taking into account emotions or anything like that. Like the introductory strings and string "du du du dum!" line in the duelling theme, the appearance of the flute solos in the falcon cue, the underlying rythm of the opening titles, or the initial orchestrations of Haddock's theme, stuff like that. Powell entertains me like this sometimes, but not as much.

Honestly, I can see me ranking Tintin's score as a Williams "great", this time next year.

I tend to agree with you for most things. This is not one of them. ;)

When? Which score is better then the best John Williams scores? Which one is just as good?

I was being sarcastic, Morricone is the only composer I think is better than Williams. When you take it down to a score-by-score basis, anything can happen. Give me LOST over a good portion of Williams' scores.

Are we comparing Williams to Powell now? We don't grant him the chops to challenge Giacchino anymore?

Giacchino already surpassed Williams.

i suppose that is a joke.

Good one.

EDIT:oops, i didnt saw your post