Except for Schindler's List, what other well-made movies on the Holocaust have you seen?

Josh500

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never saw it. What happened?

He was set to produce next year's Oscars Cerimony, with Eddie Murphy hosting, but during an interview when he was discussing is work method and was asked about rehearsing, he said "Rehearsing is for fags". I guess you can imagine what happened next

He was set to produce next year's Oscars Cerimony, with Eddie Murphy hosting, but during an interview when he was discussing is work method and was asked about rehearsing, he said "Rehearsing is for fags". I guess you can imagine what happened next

Ahh ok. And so who is hosting/producing instead?

My mom avoids holocaust movies. She grew up with a father who was never the same after being interned. (thankfully he jumped the train before he was brought to a Death Camp)

So you have a personal connection to the subject! But you said at the beginning of the thread you avoid Holocaust movies too! Is that why?

So Steef, didn't you read this or have you deliberately chosen not to reply?

That's what I like about him.

He makes so-called risqué comedians like Allen Carr or Jonathan Ross look like choir boys.

I dunno, I prefer the mild manner of Jimmy Carr, or the understated piss-taking of Kevin Bridges. Both can be 'offensive', but in a way which doesn't say "I'm a comedic cunt."

All of these new bloods pale in comparison though, compared to the legendary Bernard Manning. A repulsive man whose bigotry was only matched by his razor sharp wit.

Was it the fag thing or was it the very racy and classless interview he did with Howard Stern the next day?

BTW, just today The New York Times published a fascinating column on the smugness of political correction advocates.

Was it the fag thing or was it the very racy and classless interview he did with Howard Stern the next day?

BTW, just today The New York Times published a fascinating column on the smugness of political correction advocates.

I wasn't aware of that interview. It puts thing in a different light

JOSH:

1) Don't tell people to stay on topic and then keep the discussion OFF-TOPIC for the rest of the thread

2) READ the forum before asking something that has already been posted and discussed on the boards

3) Your original question has been answered

4) :lock2: