Whose Line Is It Anyway? coming back on TV

chuck

• 1 month later...

In a stunning turn of events, season 12 will premiere with a "never before seen footage from old games" episode instead of material filmed this year.  Well, Aisha filmed the intro for it this year (they did one at the taping I went to), but the rest of the footage will be old.  I'm assuming from tapings that already have had 4 episodes released, where there isn't enough leftover for a 5th episode to be cut.

Hopefully the games I saw played will air in April!

• 3 weeks later...

The season finale was hilarious, one of the best episodes of the season!  

Season 12 starts this week, though it looks like it'll be a while until they get to the footage actually shot at new tapings, for some reason.  The first 2 episodes will be "Special" ones that compile unseen footage from multiple tapings per episode (I think the Drew era had some of these), and then it's on to a episode taped in 2015.  Hopefully I'll get to see an episode from the taping I attended before too long!

• 7 months later...

So last week they finally started airing episodes cut from the tapings they did in January/February of this year with two back-to-back episodes.

I've only watched the first so far, with Tiffany Haddish, but she was GREAT!  Clearly her song was practiced ahead of time and not fully improv'd really, but who cares, it was funny!  And the guys seemed to really like it with how many references they made to it during Scenes From A Hat.  She did fine with Helping Hands too, and hopefully we get to see her third game (3-Headed Broadway Star) some day!

Tomorrow night they are airing Jordin Sparks, an episode cut from the taping I was at!!!!  You should be able to see me in the VERY first shot of the whole episode, dead center screen.

Turns out you can see me 3 times in the episode, once at the very beginning and then each time Jordin Sparks comes out.

God was this a FUNNY taping!  Can't wait to sit down and watch it all the way through now

So, Jay, will you get a screen cap of yourself and use it as an avatar once Black Friday rolls around?

I am surprised by the amount of topical humor; they have usually eschewed it in the past knowing that the material might sit on the shelf for a while before being tapped for an episode.  I guess knowing that it's was the final batch, it was a case a "Whaddya gonna do?  Cancel us?"  

The swap and having Colin and Ryan do the singing for "Greatest Hits" on last week's episode just screams them knowing its the last go around, so let's have some fun.

Looking forward to the rest of the shows...

They did a big swap for each of the last 4 tapings!  Aisha did Living Scenery once, Wayne was in the field for News Report once, and Ryan and Colin switched places in Helping Hands once.

Every taping always leads to at least 2 episodes airing the same year (or close enough) to the taping, that I think they always put the most topical jokes into those initial two episodes.  So then when they get around to the 3rd, 4th, or sometimes 5th episode cut from a taping, the jokes are more timeless.  At least that's the hope, it definitely doesn't always work out that way!

Sadly you don't really see my face, just the side of me.  And I don't look very good lol