Worst Microedits

Damien F

Does Williams request all these edits? I mean does 'album produced by' really mean that he selects the exact cues he wants, how to combine them, and instructs on any edits/removals?

Sounds like that was the process for the Jurassic expansion.

Since it's his own music, it's absolutely his own choice. However, I guess he trusts very much his own music editors (Ken Wannberg in the past, Ramiro Belgardt and Peter Myles today) and they probably know Williams' own preferences in terms of album assembly. He surely gives instructions about what to put on disc and what not, but other little things are perhaps left to the music editor to decide.

I still boggles the mind how Williams wouldn't think that cue was OST worthy! I just can't fathom. And we still can't hear it without wind effects and Hermione screaming to this day.

You know, there are bigger and more shocking examples in many of his celebrated scores of the past, imho: "The Helicopter Rescue" from Superman, "Carbon Freeze" from Empire, the final duel from Jedi, the Raiders opening sequence are the ones that stick the most to my mind.

It's known that Williams is humble to the point of being almost self-deprecating and it's likely that, even for the album which contains his own music, he probably doesn't want to give the feeling of someone saying "Hey, listen to MY music! Isn't it great??"--even though he would be absolutely entitled to that! :)

However, most of these choices are likely the result of avoiding the feeling of repetition to the listener (which is something quite inevitable in film music), so in the case of "Rescuing Sirius" my theory is that since the theme is already presented in full-blown form during "Buckbeak's Flight" (and repeated in the End Credit suite), his choice was to leave it out.

However, most of these choices are likely the result of avoiding the feeling of repetition to the listener (which is something quite inevitable in film music), so in the case of "Rescuing Sirius" my theory is that since the theme is already presented in full-blown form during "Buckbeak's Flight" (and repeated in the End Credit suite), his choice was to leave it out.

True, that. Could've left out the version in the End Credit suite instead though. Because Williams' OSTs also seem to like doubling up music altogether.

And we still can't hear it without wind effects and Hermione screaming to this day.

So I assume the BD (if there is one) is not 7.1, or is not clean.

(or nobody has never tried, which I find unlikely)