HP COS DVD....One Week to Go! April 11!!!

Are you excited yet ?!

from Amazon.com/

19 additional/extended scenes

Interviews with Daniel Radcliffe (Harry), Rupert Grint (Ron), Emma Watson (Hermione) and other cast members

An exclusive interview with author J.K. Rowling and screenwriter Steve Kloves

Self-guided tours allowing viewers to linger on the details of the Chamber of Secrets, including places never shown in the film such as more Diagon Alley shops

Activities allow viewers to escape the Forbidden Forest, sneak into the Chamber and more.

Visit Lockhart's class and get a closer look at his photos and memorabilia through the use of still galleries.

Keep track of events with the Hogwarts official, animated timeline

Yippee more.........games :? I guess WB DVD makers did not learn their lesson.

To tell you the truth, I'm more excited about the new book than this dvd, save for JW's music. :roll:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to buy this one, but i can't wait for the rumoured 2-disc "adult-orientated" versions of the films to show up. they are supposed to have directors commentary, interviews, etc....instead of 10 hours of games.

Sorry to put a damper on the celebration, but I just have to get my two cents in.....

"Chamber of Secrets" is nothing more than "Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone" with the lights turned down. But thank God for Kenneth Branagh.

OK, go back to celebrating.

Hmmmm. I still don't know if I should buy this DVD. If I order it now, I'll get a 10% discount, but I really don't like the movie - the only reason I'd get it for would be to have a complete trilogy when the third DVD comes out. Ah, I suppose I will inevitably get it on thursday.

What I can't wait for in PoA. Unless it gets the same visual treatment as CoS, it should be a good score. Not movie, based on the material it's based on.

-ROSS, who will read the fifth book so he can bash it without people frowning upon me, claiming my ignorance. :mrgreen:

the only reason I'd get it for would be to have a complete trilogy when the third DVD comes out.

Its not a trilogy.

I know but all we can be certain of is there will be 3 movies. I want them all for completion, as the 3rd one shows promise with Cuaron directing. And since I personally could not care less for the rest of the stories, I don't have any problem with them/me stopping at three.

I want the whole series released, even if they skip cinema releases and just go straight to the Video release for the rest of the series. I want the whole series. If a crappy series like Star Trek can survive, then so can Harry Potter, besides, Harry Potter has more fans then so many other franchises!

I want the whole series released, even if they skip cinema releases and just go straight to the Video release for the rest of the series. I want the whole series. If a crappy series like Star Trek can survive, then so can Harry Potter, besides, Harry Potter has more fans then so many other franchises!

The true test of the Harry Potter franchise will be longevity. The amazing thing about Star Trek is that it has been popular for over 35 years. Not bad for series that originally only lasted 3 seasons.

Believe it or not, there was a period where even Star Wars was not popular. There were no new films, no new comic books, no new stories. It was "the dark ages". In some ways, I prefer those times. :sigh:

Harry Potter hasn't even been around for 10 years yet. Lets see if it's still popular in 35 years, and see how many people are still fans. This could all be a fad.

Neil

I know but all we can be certain of is there will be 3 movies. I want them all for completion, as the 3rd one shows promise with Cuaron directing. And since I personally could not care less for the rest of the stories, I don't have any problem with them/me stopping at three.

personally I don't see the big deal with Cuaron, he is an unknown, whose previous directing efforts are average. His last film was mediocre at best.

Add to this, is that plans are for Goblet of Fire to start filming sometime around Feb/March of next year so the series will go on. Columbus is debating whether to direct #4.

And a book that comes out June 21 has already gone into a second printing here in the US, meaning over 8 million hardbacks will be sold, in the US, says to me that Order of the Phoenix will be filmed as well.

So what you are certain about is just an opinion, and since you've often admitted you are not a fan of this series, I don't think you have kept up with all the coming and goings.

Harry Potter hasn't even been around for 10 years yet.  Lets see if it's still popular in 35 years, and see how many people are still fans.  This could all be a fad.

Neil

I doubt it being a fad with plenty of adults reading it as well as children. Not too mention that by the time she finishes book 7, the original audience book 1 was aimed for will start being old enough to have kids.

Not too mention that parents generally want their kids to read more nowadays and not watch so much tv or play so many video games. Get them started on a sereis of this length and they'll have about 4000 pages to read.

personally I don't see the big deal with Cuaron, he is an unknown, whose previous directing efforts are average.  His last film was mediocre at best.

Cuaron may not be that great, but he is still that much better than Chris Columbus.

Cuaron proved with The Little Princess that he is more than qualified to direct a Harry Potter movie. His personal interested in the series might be as argueable as his talent, but his qualification is doubtless. I suggest you see The Little Princess with a critic's eye, paying attention only to direction. The magic will be there in PoA.

I suggest you see The Little Princess with a critic's eye, paying attention only to direction.

I'd rather not have to watch it again if I don't have to. Besides watching a film as a filmgoer is much more enjoyable than watching a movie strictly to critique it.

It was "the dark ages". In some ways, I prefer those times.

Err, why? ;) It was before TNG ;) Although, we probably need a dark age now.

I suggest you see The Little Princess with a critic's eye, paying attention only to direction.

I'd rather not have to watch it again if I don't have to. Besides watching a film as a filmgoer is much more enjoyable than watching a movie strictly to critique it.

Absolutely true. But not when you're trying to determine a certain individual's ability to perform.

It was "the dark ages". In some ways, I prefer those times.

Err, why? ;) It was before TNG ;) Although, we probably need a dark age now.

Read it again, Morn. I was talking about Star Wars.

Are you sure you don't just type up the first thing that comes to mind?

Neil