The Matrix Reloaded SUCKED.

UCFKevin

As for the 'amazing', 'intellectual', 'polemic' philosophical references that 'astonished' the fans of this movie, it's just an elemental, segmented and vane interpretation of concepts that have been discussed in philosophy for ages. Please read and don't be dumbfounded by trash.

True, but that's part of the reason I liked it was there, as it touched real philosophy, but crudely

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved that part. TTT is one of the best I've seen in a long time, can't believe I only saw it once and must wait for DVD. O well.

See it twice, you might change your mind. :roll: That's what happened to me and almost every other LoTR fan I know on the second time. First time was amazing though, and I seriously left the theater thinking this is one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Strange how a movie could do that- be amazing the first time and really not the second time. Although I also loved episode 2 the first time, and the second time, but have now become one of the staunch supporters of it's 'garbage' status.

Anyway, I've just seen X2 and was really impressed.

I didn't like the first one- although McKellen constructing the bridge as he walks was fantastic. I hadn't seen X1 since I saw it in the theater, so I decided, a couple of days before X2- to go out and rent X1.5.

I still didn't really like the movie- but special features were great. They really new what people like to see- the production meetings, the actors trying to get over the Sea wall, test of Stewert in the wheel chair, Mckellen, with his helmet, talking to Stewert with a baseball cap, Intercutting Kamen conducting with the cast farewells. A very good set. (Unfortunatley, I could only get it zone 2, so no Singer commentary)

Although the first 2/3 of X2 are much better than the last third, I thought it as a great movie.

I loved just about all the scenes with McKellen. I've been a fan of his since Richard III, and he really doesn't dissapoint. He just keeps going for more and more interesting characters (Remind me again why he didn't win the oscar for Gods and Monsters?).

I loved the whole idea of the heros and villains jopining forces to beat the bigger villain (Sort of reminded me of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly). I loved how Magneto and Mystique were in the corner, telling jokes and that 'Love what you did with your hair' to Rogue, than laughing. They make a very odd, but very good, couple.

I also loved it when the X-Jet was saved and your thinking- who's doing it? it's not Jean, can't be Xavier, so who can it... Oh! it's Magneto! a huge smile came to my face as I realized it was Magneto. Great stuff.

But probably my favorite scene is the one where Magneto gets the iron from the guards blood. I loved the way, when the guard walked in, McKellen says "There's something different about you, yes, something different today. Ah- too much iron in your blood" and then he uses the iron for his escape, in a quite original and very interesting and fun way.

Or his exchange with Pyro:

Pyro: They say you're the bad guy.

Magneto: Is that what they say?

Pyro: That's a dorky looking helmet.

Magneto: That "dorky looking helmet" is the only thing protecting me from the real bad guys

Or with Logan:

Wolverine: "She's good"

Magneto: "You have no idea"

Magneto: "Once again, you think it's all about you"

And Cox is great as Stryker:

President: "What is that?"

Stryker: "A jet"

President: "What kind of jet?"

Stryker: "We don't know-but it comes out of the basketball court"

A Very good movie. I think it really helped seeing the first one so soon before the second- it made it more continuos, more familiar with the world. Singer really is emerging as a very good director, not just a one amazing hit wonder. Although nothing he does will ever surpass the Usual Suspects, of course.

Sorry about hoggin; the Matrix thread- but the X2 thread is long gone, and since it was mentioned here several times- I hope you don't mind too much.

I have to see Reloaded again, but I see all kinds of hints that make me believe that the architect is fake, and that Neo is really the villain, nto the hero of the story.

From the ok-now-they-are-not-so-cool-anymore dark designer glasses-that-never-fall, and clothes that look like the Vatican launched his Winter Collection meets Leather Coat Big Factory Outlet Sale, to the totally not-just-pointless-but-also-counter-productive-for-the-plot sequences of the orgiastic dance party, the boring hundred to one gratuitous display of obvious CGI Neo vs. obvious CGI Agent Smith until Neo and the audience got tired and he decided to fly away, and the procession of lame, plain, superfluous characters from which not other than the protagonist, Neo, is the absolute worst

Absolutely the finest run-on sentence you're ever likely to see....thanks, charles. LOL

- Uni

Did anyone see the opening of the MTV Music Awards with the Justin Timberlake/Seann William Scott spin on this whole Matrix thing? Now that was fun. ;)

CYPHER