The Matrix Reloaded SUCKED.

UCFKevin

What?

Oh, I haven't seen it yet. I'm just gonna beat the rush and start hating this movie before it becomes the popular thing to do.

There's always a movie that is so big and successful that has a lot of people hating it just because it's so big and successful, and hating it is different and goes against the grain.

Anyway...on a side note......going against what *I* said, I think this movie's going to be pretty friggin' cool.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Kevin, I saw the movie. And it doesn't suck, but it isn't pretty friggin' cool either. It's closer to being cool than sucking, though. But one guy said after the screening that it "kicked ass," so it's all about perception.

I'm not giving away anything!!!!! You'll have to see for yourself how the Wachowskis fill 150 minutes.

Jeff -- who is still dissecting the movie 30 hours later

All I can say is that I'm really enjoying the score.

Marian - who just picked it up today.

:P The Matrix Reloaded (Don Davis & Co.) - On my 4th listen (or is it the 5th already?)

The Matrix Reloaded probably won't be as good as the original. It won't have the "wow" factor that the original had, or as Keanu Reeves would say, "whoa." Everything (mostly) then was fresh and hadn't been seen before (I still get misty eyed at a few of the really cool revelating parts at the end), and aside from the 1.6 mile freeway fight sequence (i'm drooling already), I hope this movie isn't a letdown; I'm optimistic. We'll see what happens, I guess.

The film isn't garnering great reviews, as if anyone is finding that a surprise.

Oh damn, you mean Michael Strazenfield of the Oklahoma Post didn't like the movie? Well, to hell with that then!

The film isn't garnering great reviews, as if anyone is finding that a surprise.

It's doing fine on the tomatometer so far. go to www.rottentomatoes.com for an accurate critical consensus.

Ted, who is looking forward to seeing The Matrix Reloaded tonight

I am axcited to see this movie aswell i know it will be a blockbuster. I would usually get mad at movies that break Hp's record but considering its from one of my fav studios i don't mind. I just hope it won't be a dissapointment either.

some of my friends saw the sneak preview last night.

One who I never agree with said it rocks and was the best movie ever.

Another who is more sensible said that it had its moments like the first one but it was just a 2-1/2 star film. He said that it will be a huge hit though, the years first 300 million dollar film.

we will see.

Favorite studios?

It makes a difference what studio makes a film to you?

Yeah it kinda does, i know Pixar makes excellent family films. Wb makes good action movies ex T3, Matrix, Twister and so forth. DreamWorks always has good animated films they also have a knack for new unique things. You don't see them dishing out super hero movies like the movie industry is doing right now. So yeah it does why is that weird or something?

A little, yeah. I've never heard of someone paying attention to what studio makes what as a basis on their interest in the film.

It's not like I can see myself watching a trailer and seeing the logo for Franchise Pictures and thinking, "Oh hey, this will probably be good/bad!"

One who I never agree with said it rocks and was the best movie ever.

I understand that your friend has seen all movies ever released. Please congratulate him on my behalf :)

If you decide to sit through the end credits, you will get to see a 1 minute teaser trailer for Matrix Revolutions.

Oh, and I just want to go on record and say that I REALLY HATE those Matrix Movie Tie-ins. THe STUPID F'-in Annoying Powerade "an Agent at a table with a bottle of green powerade" commercial playing in the theaters and almost every hour on the tv, and that F'-in Heineken "bullet-time+Carrie Ann gross look-alike" commercial.

Talk about trying to cash in on the hype.......

It's not like I can see myself watching a trailer and seeing the logo for Franchise Pictures and thinking, "Oh hey, this will probably be good/bad!"

Interesting that you say that. Whenever I see the Franchise Pictures logo I say something like, "Oh, this is one to avoid". Here are some of their movies:

3000 Miles to Graceland

Angel Eyes

Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever

Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000

Driven

FearDotCom

Get Carter

Neil

Exactly when i see the dark castle logo i just have flash backs of there previos crap, even when their calobarating with WB it still comes out awfull.

Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000

That one showed how difficult it is to make a good sci-fi.

Perhaps the most difficult of all genres.

Pfew, I haven't seen the rest of that list.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I understand that your friend has seen all movies ever released. Please congratulate him on my behalf  

I will pass your comment along, but I am sure your humor will be lost on him.

It's a pretty damn cool flick.

Be warned, there are a LOT of really slow moving scenes, which I found interesting, honestly, but many others I know of hated them, found them to be boring.

The action scenes are pretty damn impressive. The CGI in the 100 to 1 fight scene is kinda silly overall but I didn't mind. It was just a great exhilarating scene. The car chase is intense, hell, the last 45 minutes are intense. Very well done.

And the flying scenes near the end......uh......yeah.......as a Superman fan......I nearly wept. Amazing.

So, it's a great flick. Dunno if it's better or worse than the first, it's DEFINITELY a completely different movie, and pretty badly paced, but entertaining. Third one looks to be a winner, too.

I agree about the bad pacing, sometimes the movie went so slow with all that dialog, which i did not like. But it really depends on what you like in films. I love action myself and thats one reason i loved this movie, while the dialog was slow and complex (and i found it a little difficult to understand at times, especially with the "father of the matrix" scene) but the action sequences blew me away. That highway chase was so cool! I LOVED IT!!!

But there is something i found a little stupid about the movie. Three of the characters are completely pointless. The twins and angent Smith.

The twins weren't explained at all and were in the film for about 10 minutes, they seemed completely pointless characters to have, even if they were cool with that warp thing they do, but as i said, how/why did they do it? We, as an audience are never told.

Agent Smith is actually kind of annoying in this film.

"Me...Me, me me"

-"me too"

he is only in there for extra action and played no part in the actual plot, but maybe his part will be explained in Revolutions.

But over all, I loved this film. Not as good as the first though, in my opinion.

OH! Also, i didn't think that the sex scene fitted in with the movie. It was...er...a little to graphic... :?

Favorite studios?

It makes a difference what studio makes a film to you?

Yeah it kinda does, i know Pixar makes excellent family films. Wb makes good action movies ex T3, Matrix, Twister and so forth. DreamWorks always has good animated films they also have a knack for new unique things. You don't see them dishing out super hero movies like the movie industry is doing right now. So yeah it does why is that weird or something?

Pixar (I believe) has only made 5 movies till now, and already their fifth one doesn't look very good. It's hard to fail with only four films. Plus- Monster's Inc. wasn't that good.

@DreamWorks: Have you seen "The Time Machine", otherwise known as one of the worst movies ever made?

But really, Dreamworks does seem to have, on average, better releases. But the have to stop making stupid comedies like Old school.

Also their animated has been inconsistant. Prince of egypt was good, but lacking.

Antz, IMO, was just not funny, with bad design work and bad choices for voice actors. Woody Allen and Sharon Stone are not good voice actors, and the movie wasted such great voices as Gene Hackman and Christopher Walken.

Road to El Dorado had some charm, but not much more.

But shrek redeams the whole thing, being the funniest animated movie ever, and magnificently realized, designed and animated.

On a side note- I just noticed that all of these movies were scored by Media Ventures. No reason for saying this, it's just weird.

Saw The Matrix Reloaded this morning. :wave:

Still haven't decided what I thought overall. Some of the action scenes were of course amazing (especially the freeway sequence) but so many others were utterly gratuitous and therefore quite boring. Indeed the whole film left me feeling drained and exhausted with a complimentary headache from all that skull-splitting Rage Against the Machine dreck spliced over the end credits banghead .

As for the "philosophical" aspects of the film (sometimes mistaken for the technique of "dialogue" but actually quite separate) - some were interesting, but most were either pompous posturing/stating the bleeding obvious or risible mumbo-jumbo that made no sense to me. And I too was hopelessly confused by all the technical details and revelations about the Matrix itself, although this didn't stop me from following the plot and action. I think what many people found so appealing about the first film was the very concept of the Matrix itself and all the Cartesian doubt this entailed, specifically the idea that we could all be living a calculated lie. There was no way that was going to be topped in this film.

Thus we are left with an awkward dance party, a strangely 'arty' sex scene, impressive action and visual effects and remarkably dull and uninspiring characters. Taking one's sunglasses off and then putting them back on later does not qualify as character development.

CYPHER

Pixar (I believe) has only made 5 movies till now, and already their fifth one doesn't look very good. It's hard to fail with only four films. Plus- Monster's Inc. wasn't that good.

@DreamWorks: Have you seen "The Time Machine", otherwise known as one of the worst movies ever made?

But really, Dreamworks does seem to have, on average, better releases. But the have to stop making stupid comedies like Old school.

Also their animated has been inconsistant. Prince of egypt was good, but lacking.

Antz, IMO, was just not funny, with bad design work and bad choices for voice actors. Woody Allen and Sharon Stone are not good voice actors, and the movie wasted such great voices as Gene Hackman and Christopher Walken.

But shrek redeams the whole thing, being the funniest animated movie ever, and magnificently realized, designed and animated.

On a side note- I just noticed that all of these movies were scored by Media Ventures. No reason for saying this, it's just weird.

If you want to talk numbers, yes...Monsters Inc didn't do well in the box office. but it ruled in dvd sales.....which costs more that a $8 ticket.

The new movie will probably follow the same trend.

I thought Monsters inc was wonderful. Really imaginative and original. Monsters using child's sonic energy to power their world.

And plus, Randy Newman does great scoring works on those movies.

As for Dreamworks, I agree with you.

And The new Sinbad doesn't look all that appealing.

Time MAchine was craptacularly bad but not as bad as Haloween resurection. To me with all the bad comedies and bad choices dreamworks is still a good studio. Pixar however is a great studio all of there movies are good not one was boring or taseless. They have done 4 movies so far (I think) and already the've made a name for themselves.

Pluse their animation can't be attemted by any one else, muchless topped.

Oh, it has advertizing tie-ins? Damn, I hate those, especially when they are too obvious. Heck, don't they cash millions already with the box office, DVD, expanded DVD, toys, rentals, pay-per view, broadcast, etc, etc, etc?

In Minority Report, the Nokia communicator screen annoyed me. But in Matrix they do it more blatantly, they stop action to put the commercial. I hated in the first one that Nokia cellphone falling and stopping briefly in middle air, just for you to clearly see it was a Nokia. Any purpose for the story? None. For the visuals? None.

The advertizings can be intelligently put in a movie, to give a sense of realism and familiarity, or to use the well known qualities of a product as a plot device, without needing to explain it in words. But they have to be as well casual and natural insertions.

The Matrix Reloaded did not suck. It was nowhere near as bad as that movie that opened on this date last year (that will remain nameless). I agree with this statement:

Some of the action scenes were of course amazing (especially the freeway sequence) but so many others were utterly gratuitous and therefore quite boring.

I was really amazed at how quickly I became de-sensitized to the fight sequences. They are all so phony and after awhile they just get boring. Really boring.

I had a "private" screening of this movie (it was just a manager and me watching it at 2 am) and I literally yelled out "shut up" during the "architect" scene. The movie is supposed to be exciting towards the end, and instead we get an overly complex description of what the matrix is. This was like something out of a bad Prisoner episode, which means it was just like The Prisoner. :wave:

Also, the ending of the film felt really rushed, just to set up the sequel. It almost felt like it was just tacked on.

In the end, what we have is a very awkward film. It starts and stops, never really finding a pace or even a point, really. Watching it was the not the horrible experience that I had on this very date last year, but for such a visually overwhelming movie, I walked out feeling very underwhelmed. This is a solid ** film.

Neil

WARNING -- Spoilers ahead! Do not read this until you have seen the movie!!!

I found The Matrix Reloaded to be quite an extraordinary film. But it did leave me puzzled at the end. So now, Zion is part of the Matrix as well? It's a safety net for those who cannot except the program? The Oracle is a baddie? What? I'm wondering wether that last thing was intended, or wether it was just because Gloria Foster passed away before she could finish her shooting on Revolutions.

As for the freeway sequence... manoman! This gave quite the rush. And Neo kicks Superman's butt!

But then at the end, when they intercut Trinity fighting with the Creator explaining all those stuff to Neo, it felt like things were intruding on eachother. It's hard for me to put this in words, but that's how I felt.

Great work by Davis, especially on the Trinity/Agent shootout at the end.

But I was kinda annoyed by those secondary Zion characters like Bane and that kid? Who the F where they? Were they from the Animatrix or something? That Bane guy seemed to be a bad guy for no obvious reason at all. Weird.

And the Keanu vs. Collin Chou fight seemed to scream "Look, we're fighting! Isn't this cool?" There was no reason for that sequence. The Burly Brawl was great to see though, even though it did go on for quite a while and became dizzying at the end.

And finally, after sitting through that head-splitting crap they call music at the end credits, we got a brief glimpse at Revolutions. This looks great. November is gonna be another great month. I laugh in the face of all those fools who left at the start of the credits. BUAHAHAHAHAHAA...

- Marc, who is glad they didn't shut off the projector too early this time...

:wave: The Chess Game from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Just came back from seeing this film.

As a pure exercise in style, this is one of the most impressive films i have seen in years.

Yes it has flaws, and near the end the psuedo-philosophy gets so hard to follow...

But it also has Laurence Fishburne kicking ass.

A 5 minute scene of Merovingian lecturing about perception of reality that has nothing to do with the plot what so ever, but is very enjoyable just because of it's style. (don't even attempt to understand the lecture, that's pointless)

Most films use dialogue only as a way to move the plot along, so it's nice to see a film that has dialogue just for the sake adding color.

The car chase ruled, some of the best use of CGI I have seen so far, some look obviously CGI, cause it's totally impossible to excist otherwise, but other parts, like Trinity on a motercycle, avoiding cars driving towards her in high speed looks very real, the only clue that that is CGI is that's it's simply impossible to shoot that stuff the traditional way.

The Martial arts were good, but there is a problem, almost all of the characters are immortal, Smith is, as is Neo (yes, he CAN die, but we know he's not gonna), so their fight scenes look superb, but lacks a certain tension, since both characters can really harm each other.

Same with those twins.

The acting is good, but it depends more on the actors charisma then anything else.

Fortunetly they chose some charasmatic people.

Lauence Fishburne is most impressive, reminding me both of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Captain Benjamin Sisko.Carrie -Ann Moss is breathtakingly lethal, hope the third film has more of her.

Reeves, as the central character hardly seems to be acting, which is a compliment.

The music works very good in the film, it's in no way original (lot of it reminded me of David Arnold's work on the Bond films), but it's so propulsive that hardly matters at all.

In all, I enjoyed this film a hell of a lot, i'll get it on DVD when it's released, and i'm 100% sure i'll see part 3 in it's opening week.

Stefancos- agreeing with Roger Eberts review. :wave:

If you want to talk numbers, yes...Monsters Inc didn't do well in the box office. but it ruled in dvd sales.....which costs more that a $8 ticket.

The new movie will probably follow the same trend.

I thought Monsters inc was wonderful. Really imaginative and original. Monsters using child's sonic energy to power their world.

And plus, Randy Newman does great scoring works on those movies.

As for Dreamworks, I agree with you.

And The new Sinbad doesn't look all that appealing.

250 mil is not doing well at the box office? Monsters Inc was a huge hit.

The car chase ruled, some of the best use of CGI I have seen so far, some look obviously CGI, cause it's totally impossible to excist otherwise, but other parts, like Trinity on a motercycle, avoiding cars driving towards her in high speed looks very real, the only clue that that is CGI is that's it's simply impossible to shoot that stuff the traditional way.  

Trinity dodging traffic on a motorcycle was very real. At first I was in disbelief that they would have done that, but the actors trust the stunt director because he makes the stunts as safe as possible.

Also, prior, Trinity had taken a course in movie driving.

Mediocre film at best. Too much pseudo religious dogma bashing it into your head, plus those chases and fights were way too long. X Men United was so much better in every aspect. It had a great balance of everything, and it never bogged down in places, never tried too hard to sell you on an idea and the action scenes were nicely dispersed and not over the top long.

250 mil is not doing well at the box office? Monsters Inc was a huge hit.

Well, I read that in a magazine a while back. Maybe they were wrong. :oops:

I think Finding Nemo will do just as well as the other Pixar films, it looks great from what I've seen in the trailers.

I think Finding Nemo will do just as well as the other Pixar films' date=' it looks great from what I've seen in the trailers.[/quote']

That movie looks incredible! Every time I see previews for it on television I get pretty excited, first of all because I love computer animation and second of all, because it's whole different world for computer animation. The creativity in the visual design of the film looks endless.

Ted

I was blown away when I saw the trailer for Finding Nemo. All Pixar movies thus far have been great IMHO, so I have high expectations for this one.

I completely agree with Wael on Matrix Reloaded and X-2. In Matrix, during the long talking parts I kept asking myslef "Why do I care?" and then I realized I didn't. The action was pretty cool, although it seemed a little like 'been there, done that' at times. And the CGI during *possible spoilers* Neo's first fight with the dozens of Agent Smiths*end spoilers* was quite bad and obvious in some parts. Also, why were there like ten minutes of sex? Not that I really minded, but it seemed to serve no purpose. I did enjoy the film, but X-2 was much better, hands down.

Ray Barnsbury

Do you know how many times I could have sex in 10 minutes? :music:

Neil - who had difficulty telling the difference between Neo and Trinity during that sequence. :sadwavey:

Well, I really liked Reloaded. I agree with you guys on the sex/celebration scene. It was simply too long. But I thought the movie was amazing, and the ending was no more of a cop-out than X2 if you ask me. True, the cliffhanger was kind of manipulative and the architect scene slowed things down, but I didn't find much problem in the pacing of the movie at all.

Ted, who loved Reloaded