The Matrix Reloaded SUCKED.

UCFKevin

Mediocre film at best.  Too much pseudo religious dogma bashing it into your head, plus those chases and fights were way too long.  X Men United was so much better in every aspect.  It had a great balance of everything, and it never bogged down in places, never tried too hard to sell you on an idea and the action scenes were nicely dispersed and not over the top long.

I couldn't agree more. X2 was thoroughly entertaining and much better paced than Matrix 2. The fight scenes seemed so much more impressive and the dramatic arc of the story...well, there WAS a dramatic arc as opposed to the Matrix 2 which seemed like a series of vignettes more than a unified film. you know, the Wachowski brothers dug themselves into a hole when they made Neo God-like. i mean, it's boring to see a guy fighting when you know he could just fly off if things get hairy.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know, the Wachowski brothers dug themselves into a hole when they made Neo God-like.  i mean, it's boring to see a guy fighting when you know he could just fly off if things get hairy.

Yeah, that is the films main problem.

The other one is that the villians seem as immortal as her is.

Hundreds of Agent Smith's, and seemingly none of then are killed.

The fights with Trinity and Morphues were more exiting.

But they mostly fight agents, and they cannot be destroyed. (those twins are all but indestructable too), so these fight kinda always end in a stalemate.

Stefancos- who thought the scene between Neo and The Architect was brilliant, but can hardly remember a word of it. :baaa:

That's another thing - the 'cliffhanger' ending was extremely anticlimatic for me. I had to think about who the guy was for a sec. It just seemed forced and dramatic.

Ray Barnsbury-who absolutely LOVED Persephone :baaa:

My favorite part was the discussion between the Oracle and Neo. Nice, quiet character piece with no special effects...wish there was a little more of that type of dialogue..

Ray Barnsbury-who absolutely LOVED Persephone  :baaa:

Me too, Ray. It wasn't until her character appeared that I actually became interested in the film. Monica Bellucci really knows how to light up the screen, as she so clearly showed in Brotherhood of the Wolf. Now there's a kick-arse film!

CYPHER

That's another thing - the 'cliffhanger' ending was extremely anticlimatic for me.  I had to think about who the guy was for a sec.

It's the guy who gets taken over by Smith in the matrix, isn't he?

- Marc, who didn't realize it until a friend of his told him.

:baaa: Barry's Kidnapping from Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Yes it is. I didn't have a problem catching on as to who the guy was, it just felt like the whole ending was a rushed set up for the next movie. It didn't feel integrated into the story of Reloaded.

Neil

Yeah, that's true. Everyone said that the second film was going to end in the middle of a scene, but it was much of an afterthing to set something up for the next film. And it wasn't really integrated into the story as well like Gollum's "we could let her do it" scene in TTT.

- Marc, who thought of that scene for some reason, but isn't trying to make this another LotR thread.

:music: Barnstorming from Close Encounters of the Third Kind

I thought this film was better than the first one, didn't have the overload of semi-religious dialogue it had, dealt with more interesting aspects of philosophy than the silly what is reality thing, free will vs cause and effect etc. As well as technical aspects as to how the matrix operates An enjoyable film with good content and good action. :music:

The freeway sequence was incredible. That was the only thing that surpassed the original.

Everything else just seemed to be psychobabble or la-de-da effects. Not necessarily a spoiler, but I'm still wondering what would have happened if Neo hadn't made his choice at the end. I'm just not sure what was behind the other door. I got too tired listening to the architect to really care.

I did like the last 20 seconds. I'm going to see the final chapter regardless, but I'm excited because of the cliffhanger.

Jeff -- who agrees with Neil that it wasn't as bad as the big movie that opened this time last year

Hmm, I must have fallen asleep or something. LOL But seriously, how exactly did we know that? It will probably ring a bell once I hear it, but I can't remember right now.

Ray Barnsbury

Because the guy had a majorly suspect goatee, that's why :). I think the idea of a Matrix 'program' crossing the boundary into the 'real world' is an intriguing one, but somehow I think it will only be an excuse for more mindless kung-fu in the next film.

In many ways I was disappointed with the climax as well. Not because I didn't understand it but for these reasons:

1) it used a fairly dodgy and conventional technique that seems to promise something exciting, but is actually quite dull (I though the same about the ending to The Two Towers);

2) the whole defence of Zion against the Sentinels was completely glossed over. Something as momentous as this should have been saved for the next film where he could have seen it in all its FX glory, rather than told casually from a second-hand source;

3) the climax failed to take advantage of a unique opportunity in cinematic history of actually having a credible and suspenseful cliffhanger ending, one which could only be permitted with the knowledge that the resolution would be hitting cinemas in just six months, leaving events still fresh in the minds of the audience.

CYPHER

Because the guy had a majorly suspect goatee, that's why :). I think the idea of a Matrix 'program' crossing the boundary into the 'real world' is an intriguing one,

Hmmm...as I understood it, the "real" world is probably part of the Matrix as well.

Zion might be fake.

We will see in a few months.

Stefancos- Still amused by the fact that they thought up a concept were an evil computer program is being fought by using karate kicks. :)

I liked the movie a lot, but also like this quote I heard on the radio:

"Matrix 2 es la mejor "mala" pelicula que he visto en mi vida..."

-René Franco (La Taquilla - EXA FM)

or in english:

"Matrix 2 is the best "bad" movie I've seen in my life..."

:)

"Matrix 2 is the best "bad" movie I've seen in my life..."

:)

I'd substitute "The Matrix Reloaded" in that quote with "Attack of the Clones." I know it's bad, but I keep putting the DVD in on a dull Saturday afternoon.

Hmmm...as I understood it, the "real" world is probably part of the Matrix as well.

Zion might be fake.

I get the impression that other people thought this as well. I totally missed this 'revelation' in the film. Crap. Must have been in the Architect sequence, which completely lost me towards the end :) .

CYPHER

Neo is the 6th version of The One, and Zion has been destroyed 6 times before.

Zion gotta somesort of fail safe program for the more rebellious type of human, who THINKS he got out of the Matrix.

Stefancos- who's not sure though, since the Architect talked really fast.

It's a confusing film. Both in storyline and quality. I still cant decide whether it was a good or bad film (but i know i loved the car chase sequence - the bullet-time ending was fantastic, and Link's reaction is what we were all thinking)

Link was a great character, but what exactly happened to Tank. I know that the actor who played him had a dispute with Larry and Andy over pay or something, but how did they explain his disappearance?

The Architect was confusing as hell, but i did get that they destroyed Zion six times and created the Matrix six times (i think), and that Neo had to choose 20 or so people to restart Zion or something like that.

I'll have to watch it again cos i didn't see the preview of Revolutions, and the action was too good to see just once.

Proudraj - who wants to congratulate us brits, we managed to fill the whole screen for once (it seems that Americans queue up for days and always fill the cinema)

Link was a great character, but what exactly happened to Tank. I know that the actor who played him had a dispute with Larry and Andy over pay or something, but how did they explain his disappearance?

I think it was mentioned that Tank died, in the first scene between Lionk and his wife/girlfriend.

Stefancos- who thinks RELOADED is the most confusing film he ever liked.

Stefan here's the scene transcribed in its entirety, not that you deserve it after that crack about Hitler being an Aries.

bowdown;)

However, I'm feeling altruistic today. :)

A friend of mine emailed it to me, though I'm not sure if he did this himself or found it online. I can't vouch for it being accurate word-for-word as I've only seen the movie once.

Architect: Hello Neo

Neo: Who are you?

Architect: I am the Architect. I created the Matrix. I have been waiting for you. You have many questions and although the process has altered your consciousness you remain irrevocably human, ergo some of my answers you will understand and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question maybe the most pertinent you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

Neo: Why am I here?

Architect: Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent in the programming of the matrix. You are the eventuality of an anomaly which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden deciduously avoided it is not unexpected and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you inexcerably here.

Neo: You haven?t answered my question.

Architect: Quite right. Interesting, that was quicker then the others.

Neo: Others? (What others? How many? Answer me)

Architect: The Matrix is older then you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next. In which case this is the sixth version.

Neo: Then there are only two possible explanations, either no one told me, or no one knows.

Architect: Precisely, as you are undoubtedly gathering the anomaly is systemic. Creating fluctuations in even the most simplistic equations.

Neo: Choice, the problem is choice.

Architect: The first matrix I designed was quite naturally perfect; it was a work of art, flawless, sublime. A triumph equaled only by its monumental failure. The inevitability of its doom is apparent to me now as a consequence of the imperfection inherent in every human being. Thus, I redesigned it, Based on your history to more accurately reflect the varying grotesqueries of your nature. However I was again frustrated my failure. I have since come to understand that the answer eluded me because it required a lesser mind a mind less bound by the parameters of perfection. Thus the answer was stumbled upon by another, and intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

Neo: The Oracle

Architect: Please, as I was saying she stumbled upon a solution whereby nearly 99 percent of all test subjects accepted the program as long as they were given a choice, even if they were only aware of the choice at an unconscious level. While this answered function it was obviously fundamentally flawed thus creating the otherwise contradictory systemic anomaly. That if left unchecked might threaten the system itself, ergo those that refuse the program while the minority if unchecked would cause an escalating probability of disaster.

Neo: This is about Zion

Architect: You are here because Zion is about to be destroyed. Its every living inhabitant terminated, its entire existence eradicated.

Neo: Bullshit

Architect: Denial is the most predictable of all human responses. But, rest assured, this will be the sixth time we have destroyed it. And we have become exceedingly efficient at it. The function of the One is now to return to the source allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry reinserting the prime program after which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female 7 male, to rebuild Zion. Failure to comply with this process will result in a cataclysmic system crash killing everyone connected to the matrix. Which, coupled with the extermination of Zion will ultimately result in the extinction of the entire human race.

Neo: You won?t let it happen, you can?t. You need human beings to survive.

Architect: There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept. However the relevant issue is whether you are ready to accept the responsibility for the death of every human being in this world. It is interesting reading your reactions. Your 5 predecessors were by design based on a similar predication a contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound attachment to the rest of your species facilitating the function of the One. While the others experienced this in a very general way your experience is far more specific, Vis a vie love.

Neo: Trinity

Architect: Apropo, she entered the matrix to save your life at the cost of her own.

Neo: No

Architect: Which brings us at last to the moment of truth, wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed and the anomaly revealed as both beginning and end. There are two doors, the door to your right leads to the source and the salvation of Zion, the door to your left leads back to the matrix to her and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the problem is choice. But we already know we you are going to do don?t we? Already I can see the chain reaction the chemical precursors that signal the onset of an emotion designed specifically to overwhelm logic and reason. An emotion that is already blinding you from the simple and obvious truth, she is going to die and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion simultaneously the source of your greatest strength and your greatest weakness.

Neo: If I were you, I would hope that we don?t meet again.

Architect: We won?t

And it wasn't really integrated into the story as well like Gollum's "we could let her do it" scene in TTT.

I loved that part. TTT is one of the best I've seen in a long time, can't believe I only saw it once and must wait for DVD. O well.

Yeah, Zion is probably the place for the people who want to be free but can't get out fo the Matrix go. Assuming that people get out of it at all.

the ending of Matrix Reloaded is Return of th.... I mean Matrix Revolution.

Joe, in no way implying that Matrix Reloaded is anywhere close to the quality of the Empire Strikes Back, because its not and anyone who says it is needs to be bitch slapped.

I don't think Zion is part of the Matrix at all. That would just be so STUPID. It would make everything that happens in all the movies completely and utterly pointless.

I dont' think they want to PISS off their audience.

Well, if what The Architect said was true, then Zion has been created and destroyed 6 times.

Also, it would explain Neo's sudden ability to use his powers in the socalled "real world", since that "real world" is in fact a part of The Matrix.

As I said, Zion could just be a program designed to let the more rebellious THINK that they are living in a free and real society.

It's an interesting twist, if it's true.

We shall see in a few months.

Stefancos- :)

But what would be the point of that? Why would a machine bother wasting time screwing around with human's minds and emotions? That doesn't make sense.

I didn't take the Architect's comments to signify that Zion is fake, I merely believe that the One picks 23 people to rebuild Zion once it's destroyed, I don't think the machines themselves actually build it or create it or whatever in that other Matrix, if that's even the case.

I'm high on cold pills right now. Letters are fun to play with. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhdfoljkjkhlkj

But what would be the point of that? Why would a machine bother wasting time screwing around with human's minds and emotions? That doesn't make sense.

Ummm...the whole Matrix excists for that very reason, to keep people unaware that they are actually a bunch of batteries.

Stefancos- wondering if Kevin actually saw the Matrix

They must know it's in the Matrix, or would Neo even try his superpowers. And wouldn't they be surprised that the powers work in Zion.

Oh, man, this thread has become so.....uhmm......nerd! :) I haven't seen the movie yet, but it seems like this one is again about the theory of determinism, and that freedom of choice is just a convenient 'illusion'. It seems like they are telling us that God created us to provide him with 'power', while we keep producing energy thanks to the 'happiness' that the illusion of having freedom of choice gives us. I'll have to see it then.... ;)

Stefancos, the machines make the people in the Matrix think all is well. THAT makes sense. Why would they bother making a real world Matrix where people think they're free and going to save other people? What's the point?

Oh......hmm......purpose.

Nevermind.

Still think it's a little silly, thoguh.

Matrix was a fun film that was not original in the least.

Matrix Reload is a fun film that is extreme, but is not original in the least.

Its like Terminator and Terminator 2.

One film is the original, the other is the same except it now has a cocaine habit.

Well, what bothered me was that the fights didn't serve the plot in any way. They were just there to look cool. Also, with pretty much every character appearing to be immortal, there is little tension in those scenes. A lot of action scenes seem to be there so that Andy and Larry Wachowski tell everyone else in Hollywood they shouldn't even try to copy them.

The use of slow-motion bothered me as well. It was again there to look cool, and not as stylised as in the first film. Sure, a lot of the coolness came from slow-motion in the first film as well, but it was more often used as a 'mind over Matrix'-moment. Now it just looks like a video clip.

Luckily, the freeway sequence has enough wow-moments to forgive them. :(

- Marc

The scene with the architect was fabulous, i enjoyed it more because 90% of the audience didn't know what those big words mean and they were just lost. Proof that they only came for the action. I thought the movie was very good, the philosophy principle in the film was well balanced it wasn't over whelming as if they were trying to teach us something. I especialy like they way Neo had to make a choice, similar to the pill choice he had to take in the first movie. Some action scenes were just plain long the mansion scene for instance could have been done in two three minutes tops, why it had to be longer is beyond my comprehension. Neo could of easily disposed of them but for the sake of wowing the audience it was longer than it should be. I liked all of the characters, Tank, Persephone, Morpheus, Trinity and Niobe. To me they all out shined Neo by a mile. One thing that i didn't like however was the use of slow motion in the first Matrix the bullet time effect became old in the that film alone. They made the same mistake in Reloaded, slow motion was used in almost every scene i just got bored of it and the Trucks crashing didn't excite me like it should. And agent smith was so annoying mainly because i didn't know his motive for doing things.

The fight scene in the park to me was the worst of all the action scenes for one the CG was horrible it almost looked cartoonish, the agents and neo had no shadow on them so it all looked completely FAKE. But i still like the film it was great.

Stefancos- who thought most FX in Reloaded looked like a big video game, and loved it.

Thank you, the Burly Brawl was funny, and that's good! Not to mention Trinity saying, 'You told me the freeway was suicide'.

Only 8 months till I get my learner's permit, and then no one's safe!!!!!!!! :eek:

***SPOILERS*** (Without that cool invisible ink, either, so watch your step if you haven't seen it yet.)

Wow. I've never seen such a commonality of intuition in this place. And all so well spoken, too....pretty much every one of you, from CYPHER on (except Morn, who liked it better than the first) reflected my feelings about the film--and not only that, but described their misgivings in very nearly the precise thoughts I had while watching it and afterward.

Most of all, I was just plain disappointed. Disappointed to have waited so damn long for this thing to come out and then be subjected to it like that. It was wretchedly paced, poorly realized, and in the end....well, nothing really happened, did it? The chain of significant events could've been summarized and played out in less than an hour; bulking out the rest of the 150 minutes resulted in the most overstuffed movie I think I've ever seen. Endless--no, really, endless--fight sequences, an insipid romp through a tribal nightclub (were these people really worth saving?), and scene after scene that began with promise, only to beg out by the end.

One instance of this last was the Architect scene, which started well (I liked its style too, Stefan), then dragged out....and then it was over. Nothing really to mark that it even happened. It was just there. (Did anyone else wonder if it would've proved more interesting if he'd made the other choice...?) Same with Link'n'his wife, same with Frenchie and his special cake, same with just about every fight sequence in the thing, each of which clocked in about four times longer than what it should have been. (And you're all right on--they were far too banal, since the Matrix isn't real, Neo's too good to die, and we knew none of the programs--Smith, Bobsey or otherwise--were gonna take one for the ol' CPU.)

Yes, the film was packed with totally useless characters. I would far rather have seen the story begin with Neo's rescue of the kid I came to call Mouse's Replacement (surely I can't be the only one who noticed the resemblance?). That way, we're interested in what's happening, we're reintroduced to the Matrix from the ignorant perspective of an insider (one of the things that made the first film so great), and we also are given some friggin' idea of who this kid is!!! Before two minutes had passed, I was as annoyed with him as everyone else was--though I blamed the W. brothers, not Earboy. Wasn't his fault.

Yes, the highway sequence was phenomenal, the best the film had to offer. This was because: a) It was almost the only scene that recalled the exhilaration of the first film; B) It moved the story forward, and didn't just serve as another display window; c) It had tension, since we couldn't be sure of its outcome; and d) it had the most convincing CGI effects in the entire movie (good enough to make us forget they were effects, actually).

Yes, the "cliffhanger" ending was anticlimactic and lame--and offstep, too, since I was convinced the thing was wrapping up almost half an hour earlier. I thought for sure the preparations for the "strike" were a setup for Revolutions, since surely they wouldn't want to edit a real sequence that herky-jerky, convoluted, and out of order. But no....it proved yet another example of having way too much in this film, to the point where they had to take a jackhammer to the final edit in order to constrain time. As a result, it felt like the story was continuing long after it was supposed to end....even to the point that it felt like the scriptwriters were making things up as they went after a while (I was left staring in amazed befuddlement after Neo discovered his "shocking" new talent). And then....they call that a cliffhanger? Ugh.

Flubs and inconsistencies abounded, too. (MAJOR SPOILERS FOLLOW....) During the Matrix's take on 101 Dalmations (long about the 17th minute of it, I think), my wife leaned over and whispered, "Why the snot doesn't he just fly away?" Game, set, match. And did anyone else find it odd that Neo was able to predict--forsee--precisely visualize--Trinity's "death?" He wasn't in the Matrix when he had those dreams. He was just plain, old Neo. Huh?

I'm bound to concede the film did have its strengths. In spite of their gregarious time expenditures, the fight scenes were pretty stinkin' cool. And as good as Keanu Reeves is as Neo (and I think he was born for this role), Lawrence Fishburne's Morpheus is one of the baddest-to-the-bone characters I've seen in ages. I got goosebumps whenever he went at it with the bad guys, if for no other reason than he knows how to resolve a melee in less than seven minutes, something Neo, with all his "Oneness," has yet to learn. And I actually liked some of the religious and philisophical undercurrent in the film; out of all the blabbing the script thought was necessary, it was the stuff that had the most substance (and I think the Oracle lady's a fantastic character, too). I like that Neo, in spite of being so guldarn cool, is still questioning his purpose and potential. If he'd solved everything, then the movie would really have sucked.

As Kenanu would say....whoa. I didn't mean to go on this long. Really. I guess once you got me going on this....sorry. :oops: :roll:

One final agreement--X2 was the far superior movie. Too cool.

- Uni

except Morn, who liked it better than the first

Yes, but because I thought the first was weak.

Perhaps the plot of the second movie was weak, but it made up for it with interesting philosophy and interesting revelations and details about the way the matrix functions. Tthe fight scenes were mostly rather exciting on a superficial level.

One final agreement--X2 was the far superior movie.  Too cool.

- Uni

I have to disagree, i thought X2 was the worst movie of the year so far. it was just plain horrible.

It seems that the movie fans around the country have decided they've seen enough of the Matrix. After only one week at the top of the boxoffice, its already tumbled down the list to #4.

One final agreement--X2 was the far superior movie.  Too cool.

- Uni

I have to disagree, i thought X2 was the worst movie of the year so far. it was just plain horrible.

You are in a very tiny minority. Nothing wrong with that, but the general consensus is that X2 is a very good movie.

Neil - who also thinks that X2 was far superior to The Matrix Reloaded

****SPOILERS (continued) ****

(I was left staring in amazed befuddlement after Neo discovered his "shocking" new talent).
And did anyone else find it odd that Neo was able to predict--forsee--precisely visualize--Trinity's "death?"  He wasn't in the Matrix when he had those dreams.  He was just plain, old Neo.  Huh?

I may be wrong, but the "new talent" didn't surprise me, I was kinda expecting it, and if I'm right that's because those two things may have the same reason.

I had heard some really negative things about the movie before I went to see it. The first half of it was about as disappointing as I was expecting for that reason, but beginning with the highway chase I thought it became very good. I loved everything from that point on.

Marian - who found X2 was nice, and McKellen Oscar-worthy.

Whether you're in the minority or not, HPFan, you're certainly welcome to your opinion. What's funny is that I had a few beefs of my own when I first saw X2. It also took its time getting things set up, and did it in what I thought a rather banal fashion. After a couple of years, I was hoping some of the reunions, some of that "here's the ol' gang, back together again," would ring more compelling. And for those who aren't avid fans of the comic books, much of the ending comes across as just plain wrong (as a not-avid-fan, that's what I got from it). Some characters seemed underused, others misused, and there were a few other trifles to sour things a bit. But man, if nothing else, the thing was fun. Great fun. Giddy fun. We laughed, we cheered a few times (even once for the bad guy--Magneto stands as one of the greatest villains to hit the screen in years!), and much of what was meant to move us actually did the trick, more or less.

Bottom line? X2, for all its problems, entertained me. Reloaded didn't, and it pissed me off that it didn't. With a story that epic, a premise that fantastic, it can't be that hard to put at least some sort of slinger together. I'll be months trying to figure out how they could've gotten it so wrong--and by that time, Revolutions will be out....and by golly, they'd better get it right this time.... :P

- Uni

Yes, the film was packed with totally useless characters.  I would far rather have seen the story begin with Neo's rescue of the kid I came to call Mouse's Replacement (surely I can't be the only one who noticed the resemblance?).  That way, we're interested in what's happening, we're reintroduced to the Matrix from the ignorant perspective of an insider (one of the things that made the first film so great), and we also are given some friggin' idea of who this kid is!!!  Before two minutes had passed, I was as annoyed with him as everyone else was--though I blamed the W. brothers, not Earboy. Wasn't his fault.

It's seems the Wachowski brothers would prefer we be forced to purchase, or rent, The Animatrix to see such a sequence. The Kid's Story short does exactly that. In fact, there is more character and plot development in the four (of nine) shorts they've written for this project than in the entire 2+ hours of Reloaded. While this DVD shouldn't be required viewing to fully follow the story of the film series, it is. Perhaps if they'd chosen to include some this material in the feature film instead, it would have allowed Reloaded to be a much better and exciting movie.

(Continuing hitman's closed thread on the GD forum)

I can't understand your comment about the Architect scene... that scene was great, it did answer a lot of questions and started even more new questions, and has lots of stuff in it to think about over and over again. Without this scene the movie would've suffered quite a bit.

So yes, I enjoyed it much, and will definitely see it again.

I agree with IrishCal24, The Animatrix was not only much better than the Matrix Reloaded, but it told provided valuable information that people have been wanting to know in a more exciting and interesting way.

Though I'm not a fan of Anime AT ALL, I highly recommend the Animatrix as a sufficient replacement for any disappointed fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my review of The Matrix Reloaded:

Ergo, the film-makers should not have included such plot twists inherent to the film, as they produce systemic anomalies in the audience's heads (known as confusion) and transform the film into an unsatisfactory showpiece. It was concordantly discovered that human beings require an impressive post-modern action flick with subtle and mildly taxing philosophical references (much like the first Matrix they designed) resulting in a creation whereby 99.9% of test subjects would accept the film. But the inevitability of a merchandise-focused sequel produced a fundamentally flawed script, and while a lesser mind can assimilate the superbly-choreographed fight and chase sequences, they cannot decode the poorly-paced pop-philosophy ramblings of a few pretentious charicatures. However, even those freed from such constraints will struggle to comprehend my irrelevant and/or explanatory rhetoric, vis á vis, bullshit. The writers of this screenplay have succinctly highlighted quintessential narrative loop-holes in their pertinent effort to create a stunning special-effects showcase that retains some intellectual quality. However, what contained the possibility of a triumph of cinematic precision is, in actuality, a monumental failure. Paradoxically, this fact is clear only to the few anomalies that have chosen, for individual and specific reasons, not to connect themselves firmly to The Matrix Reloaded. Ergo, the large majority of the population accept the code, despite the appearance towards the cataclysmically contrived conclusion of the film of myself, Mr. KFC, my convoluted representation as an entity somehow superior to others, with the aid of a terribly inaccurate thesaurus, and my inherent inability to use the words thus contained within it.

That was great :sigh:

Matrix Reloaded had only one (1) technically interesting moment: in the motorcycle chase, when the camera follow it going under incoming trucks. I always wanted to do this in a movie.

The rest of it is a mess of pop-trash (or should I say "poop-trash"?). From the ok-now-they-are-not-so-cool-anymore dark designer glasses-that-never-fall, and clothes that look like the Vatican launched his Winter Collection meets Leather Coat Big Factory Outlet Sale, to the totally not-just-pointless-but-also-counter-productive-for-the-plot sequences of the orgiastic dance party, the boring hundred to one gratuitous display of obvious CGI Neo vs. obvious CGI Agent Smith until Neo and the audience got tired and he decided to fly away, and the procession of lame, plain, superfluous characters from which not other than the protagonist, Neo, is the absolute worst. Now he not only can fly, but he can also relive people. Why should we fear for him? Why should we care for what it happens to him?

As for the 'amazing', 'intellectual', 'polemic' philosophical references that 'astonished' the fans of this movie, it's just an elemental, segmented and vane interpretation of concepts that have been discussed in philosophy for ages. Please read and don't be dumbfounded by trash.