Williams Superman themes in Crisis on Infinite Earths

tranders65

Don’t know if anyone has watched any of the CW’s Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover stuff so far, but had on tonight’s episode (Batwoman I think?- wasn’t really paying attention and was doing stuff around the house) and heard a few shout outs to Williams’ Superman themes, both the fanfare and the love theme. Nice to hear both even though I really wasn’t fully focused to enjoy it at all, so thought I’d throw it out in case anyone wants to catch up with tonight’s episode sometime later. 

Just checked out the episode, mostly to see Kevin Conroy as Bruce Wayne, honestly. The show reminded me why I don't watch television: the "humor" and how characters always have to react in some sassy,  snappy earnesty and tension-cutting manner gets old real, real quick.

But man, if seeing Brandon Routh perfectly channel Reeves' gee-shucks Clark Kent with a whimsical rendition of Williams' classic love theme underneath doesn't melt the heart.

Blake Neely's team's scores for these CW superhero shows are almost all synth, ain't they?

I watched a few episodes of Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, and remember thinking they had some fun themes, while the score itself was mostly anonymous wallpaper.

No, he uses an orchestra.  When condensed to album, his scores have been very good!  There are so many of them now that I've fallen off of the buying train.  If they're reusing classic themes, I'll probably hop on and buy that one, if it's made available.