"Clone Wars"-Series ->music?

TIEfighter

As you all probably know Lucasfilm LTD releases a SW cartoon series that takes place during the clone wars, and i thought it could be an interesting discussion if everyone tells us his thoughts on if there will be music in the series, what kind of music will be in the series etc.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be surprised if the show was tracked with action music from The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones. :)

Now, I haven't seen the series yet, but does anyone feel slightly let down that the Clone Wars, something hinted at way back in 1977, is only being presented on televsion as a cartoon and not as a an actual Star Wars film? Isn't this something we'd all like to see or am I just way off base here?

Neil

From what I've heard, the next movie will start at the tail end of the Clone Wars. If the prequels had been done with a different (ie better) storyline I think a lot of Clone War action could have been in the second film.

Neil

I think it's weird. Lucas said that one of the reasons he's so glad he got to do the prequels is that he could do the Clone Wars. As it turns out, we only get the first and the final battle in the movies. I think this once again shows that Ep. 1 took WAY too much time to introduce everything.

- Marc, who will watch Ep. 1 again in less than half an hour. :)

hmm...Episode I didn´t even introduce everything, there are even many things that were introduced in AotC :S

I wouldn't be surprised if the show was tracked with action music from The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.  :)

Now, I haven't seen the series yet, but does anyone feel slightly let down that the Clone Wars, something hinted at way back in 1977, is only being presented on televsion as a cartoon and not as a an actual Star Wars film?  Isn't this something we'd all like to see or am I just way off base here?

Neil

You shouldn't feel let down with Genndy Tartakovsky at the directing position you'll be sure for a great show. He is a better director than Lucas could ever be or well he's better then Lucas' directing status right now. He's responsible for Samurai Jack.

Oh, if you want some info on the Clone Wars cartoon, go to http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/ne...ws20030220.html.

(click around if you want to find more detailed information)

I found out about this a while ago, and supposedly, the creator of Dextor's Lab and Samurai Jack is fronting this project (Genndy Tartakovsky). In this cartoon, they are supposedely incorporating John Williams music, and the entire cartoon is supposed to be 3 minutes an episode. (Most likely they will, especially if George Lucas is involved) There's supposed to be 20 episodes total, but I'm kinda puzzled at how you'll get the job done in 20, 3 minute episodes. The voice actors will most likely be from LucasArts, since the actors already do the voices for the the characters in the games. The cartoon takes place with the battle of Geonosis and will progress from there.

So far this is the most information I can find on the cartoon, although, they added another link to Cartoon Network, since it'll be on there channel in the fall. (Cartoonnetwork.com)

I'll keep you posted when I find out more.

I loved Genndy Tartakovsky's Dexter's Lab, but who does Star Wars need to be a cartoon now?

Offcourse you coild argue that Ep I and 2 were also mostly cartoons

Stefancos- ;)

;);) Stefancos, you read my mind.

I loved Genndy Tartakovsky's Dexter's Lab, but who does Star Wars need to be a cartoon now?

Dexter's Lab was a delight. I grew up with it. It taught me how to deal with my sister.

It might've had something to do with her ending up in the asylum.

Dexter's Lab was a delight. I grew up with it. It taught me how to deal with my sister.  

It might've had something to do with her ending up in the asylum

-Patrick, who sincerely hopes Ender's sister really isn't in an asylum

Now, I haven't seen the series yet, but does anyone feel slightly let down that the Clone Wars, something hinted at way back in 1977, is only being presented on televsion as a cartoon and not as a an actual Star Wars film?  Isn't this something we'd all like to see or am I just way off base here?

I agree Neil. When I first heard about the Clone Wars in the original Star Wars I was still a little kid but I distinctly remember finding the idea both intriguing and sinister. Needless to say it's portrayal in the prequels is not what I expected, but that is hardly a surprising development given how much everything has changed in the interim. And regardless of what the Clone Wars ultimately ended up being about, it still would have been nice to see it on film.

CYPHER

Returning this topic to the music of the cartoons, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a musician union rule that would forbid tracked music from being used to score a new show? This would mean that each cartoon would have to be scored individually, probably by an unknown composer with a limited orchestra or, cringe at the thought, a synthesizer.

Anyone remember the Rambo cartoon that was scored by Jerry Goldsmith? I know he did the theme for the show, but I can't remember if he did the underscore. I do remember each episode at the end saying "Music by Jerry Goldsmith".

Neil