Jodorowsky’s Tron via A.I.

Andy

This is a look at what A.I. is capable of generating with just a couple of “prompts”.  

What if Jodorowsky Had Directed Tron?

2CA64858-30E4-44F7-9243-2DFAB7E3F865.jpeg

B76A984C-0305-4363-8A3E-3B00F558F456.jpeg

9C2BB5EE-221E-4EC7-98EC-C1214FA98E02.jpeg

5C88F993-45A3-4B3A-AB93-99428634E817.jpeg

First things first… I would watch the hell out of a movie that looks like this.  This is what Tron Legacy should have looked like. 

I only half understand how this is done, but I am dazzled, excited, and honestly a little scared about the future impact on cinema. 

Not too much of a leap to have this technology applied to film music. 

First John Williams writes A.I., then A.I. writes John Williams. 

Those do look pretty awesome!

I watched a John Oliver piece on AI images a bit ago. It is fascinating and scary. I feel a lot of concept artists and designers will lose their jobs pretty darn fast in the coming years as that tech increases. What would normally take hours or weeks to conjure may soon only take seconds!

If I were a graphic designer I would be quaking in my boots. And I’m not trying to be funny by saying that.  On one hand, I want to resist something that isn’t nature made that purports to be art.   On the other hand, it’s sort of tantalizing to consider the unpredictability of it all.   And yet, it’s all based on old ideas or images. No original inception or imagination.. not yet. 

4 hours ago, Andy said:

If I were a graphic designer I would be quaking in my boots.

I am. And I am 😅😬

I do imagine a similar tech coming along (if it doesn’t already exist) for music. Imagine taking all of John Williams compositions and dumping them into an program. Perhaps you request a comedy score, thriller, historical epic etc. You refine a few settings here and there and *poof* a “new” Williams score cannibalized from his catalogue of over 60 years.

Kinda makes me sick thinking about it. 

6 hours ago, Andy said:

And yet, it’s all based on old ideas or images. No original inception or imagination.. not yet. 

I thought this was a thread about A.I. technology - not the current state of Disney

2 hours ago, WampaRat said:

😅😬

I do imagine a similar tech coming along... for music. Imagine taking all of (   ) compositions and dumping them into an program. Perhaps you request a comedy score, thriller, historical epic etc. You refine a few settings here and there and *poof* a “new”... score cannibalized from his catalogue of over... years.

It's already been done.

It's called "Music By Hans Zimmer".

8 hours ago, WampaRat said:

I do imagine a similar tech coming along (if it doesn’t already exist) for music. Imagine taking all of John Williams compositions and dumping them into an program. Perhaps you request a comedy score, thriller, historical epic etc. You refine a few settings here and there and *poof* a “new” Williams score cannibalized from his catalogue of over 60 years.

Kinda makes me sick thinking about it. 

This was precisely where my mind went and why I posted it here.   It’s only time before they can deepfake music.  Bring back Mozart. The Beatles new album.  The Star Wars TV show scored entirely by Williams.   It’s unsettling right?   

Precisely. But suppose they someday somehow learn to truly innovate.  Freaking amazing and scary.  

We’re already all excited to watch a de-aged Ford in Indy5.    Except, it’s a performance “in the style of” young Ford. It’s a slippery slope I think.  It’s only going to keep advancing. 

1 hour ago, Clockwork Angel said:

That's the weakness I suppose, with the AI, its: "this in the style of that", meaning someone still has to come up with the initial "this"

I would say, 90% of all designers don't really ever come up with something entirely new, but are more or less recycling things, that are already there and adapt or change it slightly. So, it is just dangerous for the 90%.

I love that scene in I, Robot, where Will Smith character says to the robot: "You are just a machine, an imitation of life. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn a canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?" 

And the robot asks back: "Can you?"