Anne-Sophie Mutter to premiere new Virtuosi JW arrangements

rpvee

My point exactly, the more I think about it, the more I realize that I think DG's success mainly stemmed from Karajan being the don of the German music mafia and carrying that brand into a major spot light, and then having a lot of other prominent artists be woven into it. But ever since Universal bought them they have kind of stagnated, and I feel like especially the young artists they spotlight are just so so to I can't believe that recording was put out. And I feel like they would have said no to WIlliams long before and they just want to cash in for ever nickle and dime now.

On another note, I have a signed album by ASM when she for some reason was doing a signing years ago when I was walking out of her performance of the Dvorak concerto at Tanglewood, and she was signing albums. Is it just me or does her signature just look like a more feminine version of trumps?

9 hours ago, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

My point exactly, the more I think about it, the more I realize that I think DG's success mainly stemmed from Karajan being the don of the German music mafia and carrying that brand into a major spot light, and then having a lot of other prominent artists be woven into it.

Considering Karajan's artistry combined with his interest in technology and his dedication to recording a huge repertoire (often over and over again as he rethought his interpretations and technology improved over the decades), I imagine any label that signed him would have gotten a major boost, no doubt. But it's not like he was DG's only major conductor at that time - just off the top of my head they also had people like Böhm, Fricsay, and Kubelik, to mention just a few. I'm sure they would have been one of the major European mainland labels even without Karajan.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished. First Bach and Vivaldi pieces are very nice. Previn is garbage. The beginnning of the Brandenburg Concerto is way too fast. Saint-Georges piece is unexpectedly very nice. Nice to be around is nice too and Schindler's List needs woodwinds (badly) and less vibrato.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, WilliamsStarShip2282 said:

Did anyone find where this can be bought digitally?

Presto has it available in digital format:

https://www.prestomusic.com/classical/products/9541273--anne-sophie-mutter-mutter-s-virtuosi