Favorite Star Wars Trooper?

MrScratch

What is your favorite Republic/Imperial Trooper?  

17 members have voted

1. 1.

• Original Stormtrooper (from ANH)
    • TIE Fighter Pilots (from ANH)
    • Snowtroopers (from ESB)
    • AT-AT Driver (from ESB)
    • Biker Scouts (from ROTJ)
    • Clonetroopers (from AOTC)

Whats your favorite trooper from the Star Wars saga??? Mine is the Snowtroopers from ESB, with those hood masks they kind of remind of the KKK, pure evil. Plus, in all the original trilogy, these guys were the only troopers to accomplish something!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here I go, proving what a geek I am, but... I don't believe you can realistically call the TIE Fighter Pilots "troopers." According the "Expanded Universe," they haven't gone through all the brainwashing and conditioning that Palpatine's Stormtroopers have. The pilots are just scum-of-the-universe fighter jocks (and I say scum-of-the-universe because who else would fly a craft with light armaments and absolutely no shielding?!).

Here I go, proving what a geek I am, but... I don't believe you can realistically call the TIE Fighter Pilots "troopers." According the "Expanded Universe," they haven't gone through all the brainwashing and conditioning that Palpatine's Stormtroopers have. The pilots are just scum-of-the-universe fighter jocks (and I say scum-of-the-universe because who else would fly a craft with light armaments and absolutely no shielding?!).

Ummmm... didn't know that. I just threw them in there because they wear armor similar to the look of the original Stormtroopers.

Jeff - who has only read Shadows of the Empire and didn't like it.

:wave:

Since i don't know alot about SW i will pick the driods, i know they aren't troopers but hey they are excelent for traveling. Just fold them up and fit them in the back of your suv.

The original always makes the most impact.

(Except for those people who start watching later when Star Wars was no longer Star Wars, of course)

----------------

Alex Cremers

I like the Tatooine Sand Troopers,which you forgot in the poll.

BTW,you don't see the AT-AT drivers on screen.

There's also a Space Trooper in the special ed.of SW

and the RotJ bike troopers are the most whimpy

K.M.

They all have a cool look to them, so I can't really say one is definitely better than the other. However, I voted for the Scout Troopers because they do look different, yet great, but I also like the TIE Fighter pilots.

And, as KM pointed out, you did forget the Sandtroopers. However, those are just regular Stormproopers with some odd pads and stuff, so I'd just count them to an original Stormtrooper anyways.

(Except for those people who start watching later when Star Wars was no longer Star Wars, of course)

I must have missed the memo that said this. Because to me, all five of the current Star Wars films are very much Star Wars, and I am not one of those people who "started watch later." Curious.

Ted

Actually you do see two AT-AT drivers, albiet briefly, sitting in front of General Veers just prior as they destroy the field generator on Hoth. It's possible they may have been cropped out of shot on the pan-and-scan versions, of the video, which I haven't watched in several years, but they're there on the widescreen editions original and special edition versions of TESB.

I voted for the TIE pilots, myself.

Ted wrote:

I must have missed the memo that said this. Because to me, all five of the current Star Wars films are very much Star Wars, and I am not one of those people who "started watch later." Curious.

If you watch some Star Wars shorts on TFN Fanfilms then George is still a genius. If you watch ROTJ you feel Star Wars is taking a U-turn both in style and audience targeting.

The deterioration was already apparent in The Original Trilogy. Don't you know this? And don't give me that "that's your opinion" excuse! Here there are no opinions, just facts. Open your eyes and save Star Wars from George Lucas. He once knew the way but that was a long, long time ago. He use to be cool (really cool, see THX 1138, that man was ice!) but now lost his grip, his eye of the tiger.

Franchise Star Wars to new, fresh and eager talent. Write other and better stories. Wait for computers and programmers that can handle CGI and Star Wars will be alive, even long after we are gone.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Well, happen to love ROTj very very much.

And that kind of argument is not very welcome around here IMHO. Let people enjoy what they want. I could give a million reasons why I dig all 5 films and scores. IF that makes inferior intelectually or blind to some universally undeniable fact, so be it. I better off enjoying 5 films from the saga than just 2.

If you watch ROTJ you feel Star Wars is taking a U-turn both in style and audience targeting.  

The deterioration was already apparent in The Original Trilogy. Don't you know this? And don't give me that "that's your opinion" excuse! Here there are no opinions, just facts.

I dont need to give "excuses," for my thoughts and feelings. They are what they are, and I most certainly will not give you that "that's your opinion," first of all because it is the most annoyingly overused cliche on this Board that prevents any and all intelligent discussion from ever happening, and secondly because it is most often solely used as just way out, and it is really bothersome.

Rather, I'm just going to tell you that it is a fact that I think all of the Star Wars films are good films. Every single one of them is flawed, that's no secret. I think that some people need to be alerted to the fact that Star Wars is not the "be all, end all" of movies. It was revolutionary in many ways, but the true charm of Star Wars was the fact that it was a brilliantly told story with colorful characters, (not to be confused with deep) and endless imagination. It's the attention to detail and overall freshness of the storytelling that has always attracted me to these films - the visuals and the music are what truly carry these films, the combination of the two. That's just the kind of story that Lucas wants to tell, and every bit of that carries over into the prequels, because that's the kind of storyteller George Lucas is. Treat these films as nothing more than what they are, and that is fun fantasy/adventure films, and they are great at being just that. You cant go into them expecting the greatest movie experience ever.

I am not ashamed to say that I love all of the Star Wars films, not because I am a giddy little fanboy, which I am very far from, but rather because of the feeling of enjoyment and adventure that they stir up in me.

Ted

If you watch ROTJ you feel Star Wars is taking a U-turn both in style and audience targeting.  

The deterioration was already apparent in The Original Trilogy. Don't you know this? And don't give me that "that's your opinion" excuse! Here there are no opinions, just facts.

I dont need to give "excuses," for my thoughts and feelings. They are what they are, and I most certainly will not give you that "that's your opinion," first of all because it is the most annoyingly overused cliche on this Board that prevents any and all intelligent discussion from ever happening, and secondly because it is most often solely used as just way out, and it is really bothersome.

Ted

You got it.

Ted

You got it.

I'm so glad we're in agreement. I'd hate to be wrong since after are all, here there are no opinions, just facts.

Small minds...

At least I'm no Lucas apostle who swallows everything this man presents.

I might have a small mind but it's a mind of my own. :)

----------------

Alex Cremers

No,but a summer when a Star Wars movie comes out has always been a special event,and that hasn't changed with the prequels.Better than the string of generic action movies we have this year.

K.M.

Small minds...

At least I'm no Lucas apostle who swallows everything this man presents.

I might have a small mind but it's a mind of my own. :music:

----------------

Alex Cremers

Here is the answer to your question, MaestroJW - comments like this. It's sad what some people feel they must resort to. The only ones who insitigate this neverending feud are the anti-prequel, anti-Lucas ones, who can't get over the fact that a lot of people actually like these movies. Some of the people I speak of can't seem to get over themselves either.

Ted

Thanks, Ted. I'm glad you saw that. All I said was that Star Wars had changed with ROTJ (pssst, that's not a prequel, Ted) and suddenly people start throwing names at me. Why can't these people get over themselves? Oh, why?

----------------

Alex Cremers

I like the original Stormtrooper. I love these guys. Call me old school but I just have a thing for the classic design.

TK421!!! WHY ARENT YOU AT YOUR POST??

Thanks, Ted. I'm glad you saw that. All I said was that Star Wars had changed with ROTJ (pssst, that's not a prequel, Ted) and suddenly people start throwing names at me. Why can't these people get over themselves? Oh, why?  

----------------

Alex Cremers

Yes I know that ROTJ is very much a seqeuk, not a prequel. The point I was attempting to make is that, though wasn't very successful, was that people who apparently hate what has become of Star Wars devote more of their time to it than I ever have or will. I just find it strange for somone to hate a particilar movie/s yet dwell on it constantly.

Ted

----------------

Alex Cremers

Yes I know that ROTJ is very much a seqeuk, not a prequel. The point I was attempting to make is that, though wasn't very successful, was that people who apparently hate what has become of Star Wars devote more of their time to it than I ever have or will. I just find it strange for somone to hate a particilar movie/s yet dwell on it constantly.

Ted

Alfred Hitchcock said it best... "My dear, it's only a MOVIE!"

----------------

Alex Cremers

Ted

Mmmmm, these people were once very passionate about Star Wars and then suddenly, SW, as they know it, is taken away from them. This passion for Star Wars is probably still there, but only for Star Wars and not for George Lucas. There has grown a immense difference between the two of them. I've come to learn that not everyone has the ability to see this.

Hope this is helpful.

----------------

Alex Cremers