A Dry JW Year? I Think Not!

A24

Today I have found 4 CDs with music of John Williams. They are labeled with a sticker saying "new"! There were very cheap too. Needless to say I bought them. Am I lucky or what?

1. Cinderella Liberty/The Reivers Cinderella Records

2. The Towering Inferno Tower Records

3. Far and Away Vol.2 Concorde

4. The Witches of Eastwick Eastwick Records

----------------

Alex Cremers

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, they (and some other bootlegs but not of JW) were just laying there in that little second hand shop. Remember the first time I went to that shop? Where I saw that Ewoks CD? I will go and snoop around there more frequently from now on, of course. The CDs really look brand new. It's a mystery to me that someone actually brings these CDs to a shop, getting almost no money for it and then the shop owner not knowing diddley either. Amazing! I didn't ask any questions, just payed the man and went straight home.

---------------

Alex Cremers

Last one was Cinema Serenade 2, I think. A Boston Pops album is long overdue. I hope that chenges quickly.

He has since scored lots of movies since his last BPO album. He should put out a Kunzel-esque CD of Fantasy Film Scores and record Harry Potter and Across The Stars to include. He has not rerecorded ANY of his recent film music!

Yes, Williams is great with the BPO, but wouldn't you think they would do a album with Keith Lockhart? He's overdue for one also. But I dont care if Williams ever does another BPO album, as long as he keeps conducting here in NE, I'm Happy! :music:

Yes, Williams is great with the BPO, but wouldn't you think they would do a album with Keith Lockhart? He's overdue for one also. But I dont care if Williams ever does another BPO album, as long as he keeps conducting here in NE, I'm Happy!

Keith Lockhart is doing plenty of albums now with the Pops, but with RCA Victor. And I think they´re doing fine. Remember Williams is still Conductor-Laureate. I wonder if there´s stuff recorded that has never been released before like a suite from JFK or the concert version of Far and Away.

:) Tuba Concerto (Johnny boy)

Keith is slowing down. Its been almost a year and a half, I believe, sense he released My Favorite Things. I've heard a couple of Pops concerts on the radio and went to a few recently, and he has been play quite a few Bernstien charts. I wonder if he has a Bernstien chart in the making. Anyways, what does it mater that they are with RCA Victor? They've always been and probably always will be.

Regarding what you were saying about possible recorded stuff, I wouldn't be suprised if there was recorded stuff. I dont think I've heard or seen a Williams concert where he hasn't done original stuff, so its gotta be out there. In my opinion, how about a dvd, "Best of John Williams, Evening at Pops"! Sound good or what? If only....