Displaying your autographed CDs

Marian Schedenig

(I thought we had a thread about this at some point, but I can't find one)

Years ago, I wanted to find a way to display my autographed CDs and played around a bit with magnets, but couldn't find a satisfying, non-invasive solution (i.e. one that doesn't damage the CD case or inlay) and in the end mostly forgot about it. Until I came across "self-adhesive" (via glue) neodymium magnets at Amazon recently. My first idea was to just stick a few of them at the back of the jewel cases and directly magnet-attach them to my door frame (which has some metal inside - I've been magnet-pinning postcards and travel magnets to my other door frame for years). But while the magnets can hold relatively high weights pretty well, one thing magnets also do quite well is slide, and the CD cases (with CD and everything inside) are a bit too heavy - it takes about 5 or 6 of them to prevent one from slowly sliding down the frame. So instead I'm now sticking two magnets to the back of each case (one in each upper corner) and another two to the door frame. This way, the frame has fixed "slots" for CDs, but those hold very well. Each CD can be detached simply by taking it off the frame, and reattached by just putting them back on the magnets:

PXL_20231223_231557811~2.jpg PXL_20231223_235013804.jpg

What I don't have a solution for yet are digipaks, because I don't want to risk damaging the cardboard my sticking magnets directly to it. And of course the ROTK:CR is too massive for just hanging it on a vertical surface.

What are your ways of displaying your autographed stuff?

To be honest, I don't really have a lot of autographed stuff. I have a few signed CDs - Bob Siebenberg's solo albums, Faltermeyer's TANGO & CASH. None displayed, all on the shelf with the other CDs.

In a cupboard, I have signed photos of John Williams, Danny & Richard Elfman and Roger Hodgson. None displayed, none in proper frames. Such poor collector mindset!