Which Soundtrack Albums Do You Regret Having Purchased?

I honestly regret buying the John Williams Disaster Soundtrack Collection.

When it first arrived, I tried to listen to the scores several times and read through the liner notes and online discussion to get into the music, but I never really “got” it. Other than the main titles and one or two other cues from each score, I found the majority of the music to be surprisingly underwhelming and even dull (a shocking admission about a Williams score from me, as I’ve never ever had this experience listening to any other score of his).

Intrada’s 3-CD Inchon in 2020. Had I know they would rerelease the same set 4 years later with improved sound quality, I would’ve waited for the new release. Thanks again, Intrada for the replacement discs that you didn’t send to those who purchased the first set. 

5 hours ago, Trope said:

I honestly regret buying the John Williams Disaster Soundtrack Collection.

When it first arrived, I tried to listen to the scores several times and read through the liner notes and online discussion to get into the music, but I never really “got” it. Other than the main titles and one or two other cues from each score, I found the majority of the music to be surprisingly underwhelming and even dull (a shocking admission about a Williams score from me, as I’ve never ever had this experience listening to any other score of his).

I can comprehend in that regard, as I recently, watching The Towering Inferno, found the music annoyingly loud and stressful at watching the movie. 

It was such a "Too many notes"-feeling, that I rarely have at watching Williams scored movies. 

So many, especially in those early years when I was building my collection and exploring intensely, and purchased soundtracks nilly willy, based on how cool the cover was, if I had merely heard of the composer, the price etc. Found some true gems that way, but also some disasters. Some I've managed to sell or trade or give away over the years, some I'm still stuck with. We're talking several hundred titles here, many of which I've forgotten.