Thing that need to happen in Episode III

Making Palpatine a clone would tarnish the mythology and the purity of the story. From a story point of view, having Palp and Sid be the same person all along has a much greater impact. I think it's all right to have minor characters like Jango and Boba be clones, but not major ones like the emperor.

Luke, I don't remember reading about the origin of the darkside cave. I do remember in Zahn's last book he talked about Yoda possibly using it to shield his presence. Such a strong light presence next to a dark one cancelled each other out. Of course, all this information isn't true canon. George can, has, and Will disregard things that were in the novels. It's HIS universe. The only thing he got from the novels is the name Coruscant.

NP: Close Encounters of the Third Kind

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the fastest any has ever racked up so many posts? This whatever you want to call it we're engaged in, to me, isn't out of greediness or jealousy or anything bad, but rather out of fun. You agree?

~Harry

Exactly. Evertime I see a new post I burst in laughter!!! I'm loving these days.

Hector - who knows it won't last long 'coz the electric bill is going to come prety high this month and mom&dad will get pretty mad :oops:

Are you on here at all during the day? I can only come on in the evening on a weekday (unlimited on the weekends) because I work Mon-Fri. Sat and Sun are off.

~Harry

A clone couldn't have the Force of the original, otherwise there would be 3,000,000 Darth Mauls all over.

:twisted:

The Ghoest- Who decided what his FANFILM will be about:

The Attack of Maul!

P.S. Sidious would have cloned the heck out of himself if he could have, and he would have had the Force as strongly. Or Dooku. Anyway, remember that clones are basically a identical twin, and an Identical twin is not the same person.

The Ghoest-

Here's what I think should happen in Episode III (I originally posted it on the Supes Cinema board)

Padme gives birth (obviously)

Padme dies somehow. Maybe by Obiwans hands, accidentally? Or Palpatine, who blames it on ObiWan? During childbirth, perhaps? Palpatine knows this will be the final straw to push Anakin over the edge...

Anakin can't know about his children. Otherwise, he would've searched for them before he found out about Luke. Plus he didn't even know he had a daughter (So.....you have a twin sister?)

Dooku and Anakin duel, this time Anakin wins and takes over his place by Palpatine's side. Why? Maybe the Jedi screw him over or kick him out for GETTING MARRIED! BINGO! HAHAHA! I just thought of that. And he's really pissed and decides to go bad. But how will he meet Sidious?

Anakin kills the rest of the Jedi. How many Jedi are there, though? There's only Mace and Yoda at the end.....that can't be, can it? Anyway, a very brutal fight takes place between Mace and Anakin. Anakin never liked Mace, because he originally decided that Anakin wouldn't become a Jedi. Watch Anakin's face in that scene. He glares at Mace, angrily. Foreshadowing?

Yoda flees to Dagobah to hide from Anakin. He knows Anakin will try to hunt him down and kill him. Maybe a duel will take place? Remember the Tree? The Dark Side is strong in that cave for some reason......why? Why can't Anakin sense where Yoda is? Or Palpatine? Maybe there's some kind of secret the Jedi know to hide themselves from the Sith. That would explain why Dooku didn't sense Obiwan on Geonesis.

Obiwan takes the children to Dagobah to say goodbye to Yoda...Luke remembers Dabobah, vaguely. His "There's something familiar about this place," makes me believe that he's been there, a long time ago. COULD be that he dreamt about it, but unlikely.

Obiwan then takes the children to their respective planets. He leaves Luke with Owen and Beru. But why wouldn't Anakin visit Tatooine again, even as Vader? Perhaps because he wants to forget about humanity and his past, and live the rest of his life as the evil Vader. Jesus...this is getting good! He then takes Leia to Alderaan and puts her under the watchful and careful eye of Bail Organa.

Obiwan then decides to face Anakin. The fight on some planet with a volcana. A horrible duel takes place, which maybe ends with Anakin falling off a cliff, and Obiwan grabs him. Obiwan tries to pull him up. Anakin realizes what he's become and lets go, falling into a pit of molten lava. Obiwan leaves, thinking Anakin's dead. Maybe Palpatine is there, hiding, and gets Anakin out of the lava. He's horribly scarred and disfigured. Maybe the lower half of his body is gone. That explains the height difference between Anakin and Vader. Maybe he's dead?

Palpatine has doctors bring Anakin back to life, but they create a life support system for him, and replace his missing limbs with mechanical parts. Maybe this won't be shown...what we don't see might be as dramatic. Just the implication that Vader is being built. I think that would be overkill for us to watch the full creation of Vader.

The final shots could consist of these:

On Tatooine, we see a very young Luke, outside playing, with Owen and Beru watching him. Owen is frowning. Beru looks concerned. Off in the distanc, we see Obiwan, watching Luke with binoculars. He lowers the binoculars, closes his eyes, sighs, puts on his hood, and walks away. Ben Kenobi, the hermit, is born.

The helmet going onto Anakin/Vader's head. He's facing away from the camera. Palpatine, who is behind Anakin, asks, "How do you feel, my young apprentice?" Vader swivels around, Imperial March crescendo's, stands up and says, "Stronger....my master...." The Emperor then says, "There is a fleet of ships of the moon of Such and Such. Our enemies are aboard those ships." Vader walks towards the window, looking out into space. He says, "Then we will capture them and persuade them to be our allies." Emperor says, "And if they aren't easily persuaded?" Vader says, "Then they shall die." The Emperor just smiles and walks away, cackling to himself. Vader looks out the window.

We see what he's looking at from the outside. A few Star Destroyers fly around, with Tie Fighters zipping to and fro. The Empire is now complete.

End credits.

Some questions, though:

JarJar's fate. Will he die? Maybe he'll kill himself for bringing the Empire to fruition. That would be something.....

The Midichlorian thing. What the hell? Wasn't even discussed at all in Episode II. Don't bring it up if you aren't gonna expound upon it.

Who ordered the creation of the clones? Who is SifaDyas? Why did it happen to occur ten years ago, when TPM took place? Did Sidious pose as SifaDyas?

Threepio. Why didn't Owen recognize him in ANH? Well, one explanation is that protocol droids are so damn common in the Star Wars galaxy, how could he remember a specific one? Plus it is twenty years later. Unfortunately, AOTC didn't say how long Shmi and Clieg were married for, so we don't know how long Owen was around Threepio.

Plus there's the whole Anakin thing. Why doesn't Threepio recognize the name Skywalker? The only reasonable explanation is a memory wipeout of some sort.

Thoughts?

Yes, they were great ideas. I'm wondering what will happen.

Dan - who, not only is dying for Episode III, but would hire Kevin to assist in developing storylines/plots for films in the future.......and Harry too. (just because)

:) "Hello" from Patch Adams (Shaiman)

This one seems to be more adventurous and more talkative than the other.

I prefer senseful posts 8O They are more stimulating :)

But, I must beat you Mr Potter 8O

A clone couldn't have the Force of the original, otherwise there would be 3,000,000 Darth Mauls all over.

That's what I said, kind of :) It's impossible for a clone to have the force of the originals. However, perhaps they can add Midichlorians into clones, or perhaps not.

Anakin can't know about his children. Otherwise, he would've searched for them before he found out about Luke. Plus he didn't even know he had a daughter (So.....you have a twin sister?)  

Perhaps he thought that his children might be nothing to worry about, until he heard about Luke blowing up the death star, so he then had to run after him. Perhaps he was just mocking Luke by say "So.....you have a twin sister?"he might not have known who she was.

I think Anakin knew it was Luke all along. He must've known about having at least one child. That could actually be the cause of the duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin. In trying to save Luke from his father, Obi-Wan engages in a duel with Anakin, does something that nearly kills Anakin (if not, kills him) and Anakin forgets about hunting down his son and just concentrates on hunting down and destroying Obi-Wan.

Dan - wondering if Ewok and co. will look at our suggestions.

Well, Midichlorians can't be in the DNA and must be organelle's within a cell, like mitochondrion (cells power plant). Well current cloning is done by putting the DNA into another cell rather than duplicating the whole cell, so you would expect a clone of a Jedi to only have the force strength of who ever they got the egg cell from.

Here in the earth we are starting to clone, in the SW is more advanced, i think. I'm sure they can clone someone with that someone's cells.

And why not create a Sith Clone (maul or sidious) because Only two sith allowed thing.

Maybe, but I'd rather not assume that. I mean, it would probably involve resetting the cell to something like an egg cell. Probably would be quite hard.

Dan your theory holds no water because Vader doesn't hunt down Obi-Wan. If he was doing that then why waste the opportunity at Tatooine and not kill him then. Surely the "most powerful" jedi could have felt the presence of OB1 on the planet below.

However, maybe it just comes to the fact that Vader gave up his past. He didn't even know ObiWan was on Tatooine, and I'm sure he wouldn't want to go back there, what with the history there, being a slave and seeing his mother die and all.

Or perhaps, we'll see in Episode III that the Jedi have some kind of clouding effect to keep the darkside from sensing them. That would definitely make sense.....sorta.....

Anyway. Maybe Lucas reads these boards and will contact me. HAHAHAHAHA! And then I'll become Superman and fly away...

<sigh>

A guy can dream...

Anyway, my roommate mentioned the thing about Vader saying, "So you have a twin sister?" being a mocking kind of thing, which I didn't think of before, but it is quite possible.

After thinking for awhile I came up with some possibilities about Episode III. Please forgive if they seem out of order and don’t mesh completely but I’m writing them down as they come to mind and there are many avenues to explore. I have based it on the dialogue of all 5 movies and some speculation:

As Joe had pointed out in an earlier thread I think my beloved Millenium Falcon makes an appearance in this film and plays an important role. That’s why Obi-Wan reacted the way he did in A New Hope when Han Solo introduced himself. In fact there was some speculation about that in a magazine at the time ROTJ came out that Ben had an important encounter with the Falcon before ANH and it would be included if Lucas ever decided to make the Prequels. It may have been Starlog but I can’t remember for sure.

Padme is probably pregnant at the beginning and she confides in Obi-Wan that Anakin is growing darker and more difficult to deal with. She may feel Palpatine is having too great of an influence on him. Another possibility is Anakin gets expelled from the Jedi order after it is discovered he is married to Padme and that could further the strain between him and Obi-Wan.

With Count Dooku and Palpatine manipulating both sides (Republic & Trade Federation) The war will continue to drag on. As it continues, Bail Organa (who should have a much larger role in III) probably starts to get concerned that Palpatine is slowly garnering more and more individual power as the Clone Wars proceed. He may start the Rebellion himself by gathering a small group of Senators who feel the same way he does. Organa‘s reaction at the end of AOTC tells his feelings on the whole matter,

Yoda does not trust Palpatine, the look he gave him in AOTC may have said it all. Yoda probably knows what is in store for the Republic and realizes the son of Skywalker will bring true balance to the Force. Qui-Gon could make an appearance and together they realize that is will be Anakin’s son who is the chosen one.

C3PO may have his memory erased but I think R2-D2 knows all along what is going on, although C3PO may have some knowledge, but I don’t think so. Princess Leia did not have enough time program all of that info in to Artoo. So I think he knew where Tatooine was and who to look for.

I think we will see the twins born and most likely on Dagobah. Leia will be taken immediately to Alderaan but Luke will stay for awhile. Remember in TESB Luke has a feeling he has been there before. I think Yoda is the only one who knows Padme has twins. Ben may not know until Yoda utters the infamous line in TESB, “no there is another”.

I think it could be Padme’s choice to separate the twins. She may not want either of them to have anything to do with becoming a Jedi. Owen and Beru more than likely will not know the fate of Anakin. Either Padme will tell them he is dead from the Clone Wars or Ben will tell both of them Luke’s parents have died during the war. Naturally Owen will feel some resentment to Obi-Wan because he and Beru will have raised Luke as their own son, not knowing (or he knows?) what Ben and Yoda have in store for Luke. Remember in AOTC Anakin tells Padme that they are good people and she will be safe with them so maybe that’s what convinces her to leave Luke with them.

After 18 years Owen and Beru may not remember 3PO but I suspect that is because he is a different color, they did not "hang" around C3PO a lot, or that Owen was afraid to mention anything. That could also be the reason he didn’t choose R2 from the Jawas, because he remembered them. He also orders Luke to have it’s memory erased in ANH. That could also mean Owen and Beru know more about Luke’s past than they let on and as the years went by kept Ben away from Luke on purpose. Obi-Wan could have possibly used the force to cloud Owen and Beru’s memory about the whole matter so that could be a reason why they don’t recognize the droids. This would also explain Obi-wan living close to them instead of hiding somewhere else.

The one thing that confuses me is why Luke isn’t kept on Dagobah and trained right away like younger children in the Republic. That way he will be even better prepared to take on Vader and the Emperor, which makes me believe Padme has some doubts about them becoming a Jedi. Ben and Yoda could have some serious doubts as well because of Obi-Wan’s failure to train Anakin. The fact that Yoda can remain hidden on the planet all these years makes me wonder why Luke wasn't kept there.

I think Dooku will die on Dagobah by the tree that has the dark side.

We have to know what happens to Padme and I think even though she dies off screen we know of her fate before the credits roll. It could be a distinct possibility Episode III spans a few years in the movie as well.

I think there is a possibility she is poisoned or inflicted with something fatal by a Bounty Hunter and slowly dies.

We will see Qui-Gon and why he called out to Anakin will be explained.

I think we might see a young Han Solo, Lando, and Chewbacca.

Mace Windu will die heroically and not by a Bounty hunter who couldn’t beat a blind man.

We will see Vader in some early form.

I think the finale scenes will be a dialogue free sequence of events with a majestic, emotional music piece by the maestro.

The last dialogue scene will be between Vader and Palpatine looking over their new Empire, then it will cut Obi-wan dropping a young Luke off on Tatooine, cuts to an very ill Padme with a 4 year old version of Leia playing by her side as a sad Bail looks on, then cuts to Yoda watching them thru the force, then cuts to Vader possibly killing some Jedi or hunting them, then a cut to Padme’s funeral, then cut’s to Ben watching Luke from a distance and then the scene fades and we come to a scene that was filmed for ANH but not included as Luke is working on the moisture farm and he pulls out his binoculars and looks up……..then Williams end fanfare hits.

Wishful thinking on my part of course.

They already shot some Episode III footage while they were in Tunisia for Episode II. It probably wasn't much footage. I think George said he only needed the one shot.

Something in your post gave me an idea. If Quigon appears as a ghost, wouldn't it be great if he appeared at the end just like Yoda, ben and anakin in ROTJ. Let's see, ANH ends with the same shot as TPM. likewise with AOTC and ESB. It would be reasonable to assume ROTJ ends with a similar shot to ROTJ. ROTJs ends with the three spirits, then a shot of all our heroes. I wonder how the devil they could end III with something similar.

Maybe there will be some shots of the skeleton of the DEATH STAR. Perhaps it is starting to be built around that time. Who knows, maybe seeing it in AOTC is all the taste we'll get of it.

NP: Saving Private Ryan

would it not be a bit soon for them to start building the Death Star, i mean, it won't be completed for 20 years or so.

It didn't take them nearly as long to build one in ROTJ.

Stefancos- who hopes Ep 3 will not include a kiddie Han solo (kiddie Greedo and kiddie Boba were more then enough, thank you)

You're right. If they built a bigger Death Star in the time between ANH and ROTJ, it probably wouldn't take them 20 yrs to build the first one. You're also right about leaving Han, Lando, and Chewie out of it. They just don't have any place in the new movies. It would be better to see them for the first time in ANH (and Lando in ESB).

NP: Saving Private Ryan

Yes. Maybe an introduction to Greedo and/or to Wookies in Episode III wouldn't be too weird.

I definitely think Han, Chewie, and Lando should stay put. There is a 20 year gap between Episode III and Episode IV.

Dan - who is certain that Padmé dies of heartbreak during those 20 years.

Please don't take this the wrong way but it would be kind of silly for Mon Mothma be Luke and Leia's mom would it not?

I mean wouldn't you think she would have had some sort of re-union with her kids in ROTJ??????? Plus the fact Leia said her mom died when she was very young.

She had what, a 2 minute speaking role?????

No Padme will die. Could it be heartbtreak? She's kinda young for that.

I was just trying to work her into the stories, because how many people actually want to see her die? Anyway, perhaps you're right, and she should stay a dead person in III.

~Harry

Episode III will be the darkest movie out of the six. Many major characters will die and let's face it no one has a happy ending when it's all said and done.

Anakin could be considered to have a happy ending. Sure he loses his wife, but he'll get to control everything, which is what he wanted from the beginning.

~Harry

I don't think it's possible that Padmé dies. She might be the only one Anakin does not slaughter because he loves her so much.

Plus -- in Episode VI, Leia tells Luke of her mother, "I don't remember much...she died when I was very young...she was always sad."

Which is why I think Padmé will die of depression/heartbreak.

I don't think Anakin will ever be capable of killing her. If anyone is voluntarily spared - it will be her, most definitely.

Dan - who thinks Anakin/Vader is an amazing character

No, because she would've had to have given birth and Leia had to be old enough to remember her.

He doesn't even know he has children!!

Dan - who thinks Anakin will freak before Padmé gives birth on Alderaan or Naboo

In the original trilogy, Leia's last name is Organa. Princess Leia Organa. Jimmy Smits plays Bail Organa in AOTC and also in Episode III. Therefore, it is safe to assume that Organa will adopt, or be put in charge of raising Leia majestically. It is also safe to assume that Leia will not only have an adoptive father, but an adoptive mother, as well. I'd rather think along those lines than think Bail Organa hooks up with Padme.

A rebuttal could be, "But Leia described her mother as sad."

Ah, maybe so, but does that mean it has to be Padme? No. Just as Owen and Beru weren't exactly the happiest of adoptive parents, neither would Leia's adoptive parents be too happy about raising the child of the offspring of the mass murderer Darth Vader, who might not even be Darth Vader at the time of their adoptions. It's quite a burden to be assigned the task of raising children. I don't think these folks did it voluntarily.

But then, this is all just pure hearsay. We'll all get the answers (hopefully) in three years.

Also we have to know why Luke kept the Skywalker surname, even if Darth Vader didn't know of his children or his son, surely someone had to remember Darth Vader's Jedi name was Skywalker.

Hector - who wonders if Skywalker is like Smith or Williams in our world :)

I don't know. Everyone else have different last names. The only two with the same last names that I can think of off the top of my head are Bail and Leai Organa. It seems like everyone everywhere has a different name. Oh, and Jango and Boba.

~Harry

What about the Larses?

I stand by my opinion that Padmé will give birth to the twins after Anakin has transformed into Vader, which means Padmé leaves and goes into hiding -- which means that Anakin/Vader will not know of his children.

Dan - who just saw Presumed Innocent and thought it was great

I read this in the StarWars.com forums, hehehe :mrgreen:

Originally posted by DCI Monkey:

===============================================1. Anakin must transform into Vader.

and, for that, he must GROW IN SIZE, so the Darth Vader that we can see in episodes IV,V,VI is a real giant. Isn´t it the growth in humans finished by the age of 20????

Yeah, but Anakin is more machine than man. So you have to take that into consideration as well. If they can give him all new limbs, then he could've said "make me 6 inches taller please".

Damnit, my signature isn't working and neither is my avatar.

Episode III will be the darkest movie out of the six. Many major characters will die and let's face it no one has a happy ending when it's all said and done.

Good, I'm sick of happy endings :mrgreen:

Leia was put into hiding (whenever) and raised by the Organa senators on Alderaan (which, incidentally, had better be in Episode III). This was probably done by Obi-Wan, who is a 'trusted friend' of Padme. She loses the name of Skywalker so she her identity remains 'strictly anonymous' (plus for the sake of OT continuity). The Organa parents teach Leia diplomacy and peace etc. and also of a Jedi who has gone into hiding, who rescued her at birth. Soon she will discover this Jedi is her 'only hope'.

Luke was taken by Obi-Wan, who was escaping the imminent Jedi exterminations, to the isolated planet of Tatooine, and placed in the care of foster parents the Lars. This is probably because Obi-Wan heard of Anakin's past visit, and since they once knew Shmi, they have an obligation to raise her grandson (a bit unfair, in my opinion). He keeps the Skywalker name for the sake of OT continuity, but also perhaps to remind his foster parents that he must never leave the planet, for fear of learning his place in the civil war (one of the reasons he longs to get off the dusty rock in the first place). Obi-Wan, who becomes 'Ben', also recluses on Tatooine, so that he can keep track of Luke, and also guide him once his destiny inevitably arrives, and he must be go and learn his destiny among the stars...

Thought up another one. Obi Wan has to somehow get Anakin's Lightsaber.

A question though, what happened to Anakin's lightsaber in Episode II? Was it destroyed, or did it run out of power? Either way, it's lost at the end of Episode II. Does Anakin build another one that looks exactly the same then? Does he somehow find and repair his old one in between the final duel and the end?

NP: Shadows of the Empire

I don't know if this has already been asked before, but is anyone here knowledgeable about the Death Star creators/inventors in the Expanded Universe? I know that Expanded Universe literature is not canon and that anything in the movies (i.e. Special Edition) is the highest canon, but I seem to remember the Death Star being Tarkin's brainchild out in the Maw research facility, his pride and joy.

Also, the documentation for 1998's LucasArts game "Star Wars: Rebellion," which I personally love, says this of the Imperial character Bevel Lemelisk: "Chief Engineer Bevel Lemelisk is the chief Imperial space station designer and was the creator of the Death Star."

I know, I know, all this EU stuff means bull next to the movies, but now I'm interested to know the significance of the Geonosian connection to the Death Star. Did they invent the whole station, or just the superlaser technology? Dooku tells them he'll take it to his Master for safekeeping, so it's possible that Palpy just keeps this in his desk drawer until the Republic becomes the Empire, then gives it to his top scientists for further analysis/implementation/construction. It's certainly possible that because of the Empire's strong anti-alien, pro-human discrimination (hence only humans serving in the military*, and alien worlds like Kashyyk and Mon Cal being slave worlds), Imperial history forgot Geonosis' importance and gave credit to human engineers.

*I know, I know, Thrawn is an alien, but he's a gifted exception, and he's EU anyways.

I also feel that it may be a good thing that this "Ultimate Weapon," the Death Star, is seen early, because it could serve to indicate to us how long it takes to build. It is not inconceivable that we see the Death Star's early construction as a sign of the Republic's evolution (or rather, de-evolution) into the Empire, because I would argue that the Death Star takes a long time to build. Sure, we see the second Death Star appear unfinished in Episode VI, which is what, three or four years after the first Death Star went kabloeey over Yavin? That doesn't mean it was begun right after the first one; they could've been started together. I mean, a Death Star is absolutely huge! True, true, I'm thinking in terms of 20th century Earth human engineering standards, not "galaxy long time ago, far, far away" engineering standards, so maybe the Death Star only takes like two or three years to build, not decades like a pyramid.

Heck, the Death Star itself could have been built as the Republic's final hurrah, perhaps as a way to finally defeat the Separatists, or the Empire's first action, and that Ultimate Power (next to the Force, of course) in the hands of one individual all that was needed to spark Rebellion. Not likely, but I'm brainstorming here.

Darth Wojo - Who thinks that now we've unmistakenably seen the Death Star in Episode II, it just won't go away again until Episode IV.

Yeah, according to the EU, Lemelisk designed the Death Star.

I was poking around the official site under Count Dooku's profile. It said under Expanded Universe,

"With the Clone Wars in full effect, Count Dooku -- now Darth Tyranus -- fully embraced the ancient teachings of the Sith. One of his first campaigns of the war was the unleashing of an ancient Sith weapon against the forces of the Republic and the Jedi Knights."

Very, very interesting info. Is this a hint of what's to come in Episode III? Could this Sith Weapon be the Death Star? It would be cool if the Death Star was an ancient weapon instead of a modern invention.

I suggested that we might see the Death Star in Episode III under construction, but someone pointed out that it didn't take that long to build a bigger second Death Star.

Maybe the second Death Star was being built at the same time as the original. Maybe the Emperor planned on having two. "First rule in government spending: why build on when you can have two at twice the price" S.R. Hadden (Contact) It reminds me of the Twin Death Star idea for a draft of ROTJ.

NP: Shadows of the Empire

Thought up another one. Obi Wan has to somehow get Anakin's Lightsaber.  

A question though, what happened to Anakin's lightsaber in Episode II? Was it destroyed, or did it run out of power? Either way, it's lost at the end of Episode II. Does Anakin build another one that looks exactly the same then? Does he somehow find and repair his old one in between the final duel and the end?  

That's a very good question, Wickenstein.

I'm not sure, considering his original blue sabre got damaged (irreparably?) when his arm was being toyed with on the conveyor belt, and then someone, who I swear was the bearded one of N'Sync (not proud that I thought of that), tossed him a green one, then he got Obi-Wan's blue one, then lost one of them, and his arm in the process.

I would say that he must build another one between Episode II and III. Besides, if Lucas is going to follow the close parallels between the respective episodes of each trilogy (I and IV end with processional celebrations/awards, II and V have arm-cuttings and emphasize love stories), then I'd say that another parallel would be that both Anakin and Luke build their replacement sabres between the second and third episodes of both trilogies.

I was pondering it myself about a month ago in Kaybee Toys, when I saw that the toys for Anakin and Obi-Wan were both blue. We know Obi-Wan's is blue in Episodes I and IV, so he's probably responsible and hasn't lost it, unless he just likes blue replacements, but the scenes in the trailer showed Anakin with a blue one, or with a green one, or with both colors. Having a blue toy represent him seemed inconsistent with these trailers, before seeing the film, even though we know that the sabre that Obi-Wan gives to Luke is blue, therefore Anakin's final "Light Side" lightsabre of Episode III.

In any case, Luke's blue sabre is not the last sabre that Anakin constructs; his Sith red one is, as Vader.

Darth Wojo - Who hates when he has an important post in mind, and then forgets it while writing another.

Podoo!

• 1 month later...

Well, one thing that has to happen is something Williams did in the final battle from A New Hope. Williams must not use the Star Wars main theme (with the exception of the main title) until we see little Luke (if he ever appears in this movie), so the next time he uses the theme is when we hear Aunt Beru calling Luke in Tatooine when he first appears in Episode IV

:) Airwolf main titles

Yes... but I mean, this would be sort of like the original movie be in a bigger scale... the main theme had been played before, but after the escape from the Death Star it did not make any appearence until Luke was alone with Vader behind him... so now it made it's last appearence(with the exception of the main title) until we see Luke... well, that's what I think it could be.. i dunno