Hi All, too

D.Montesinos

:P Hi my name is Diego Montesinos I´m a young Sinfonic Spanihs

Composer, and i would like to introduce myserlf as Sound track composer, I was wondering if you can give me any opinion about my last Work:

Score is Called "Tales From the Middle Earth", inspired in Tolkiesn´s Books; is divided in 4 Moviments:

1-"Gollum´s Cavern".

http://www.creathinks.com/usuarios/Diego/1.mp3

2-"Four on their Way".

http://www.creathinks.com/usuarios/Diego/2.mp3

3-"Gondor´s Calling".

http://www.creathinks.com/usuarios/Diego/3.mp3

4-"Isengard".

http://www.creathinks.com/usuarios/Diego/4.mp3

Any advice or contact will be Great!!!,

Thank you for your Time.

Diego Montesinos.

Pd: Of Course i think John is the BETTER, alive Composer in the WORLD

:wave:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heeeeeeeeehoooooooooooo!!!,

Nobody there???

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Don?t be upset.

Someone is always there!!!

I?m not a frequent poster, but frequent viewer. It seems to me that people here don?t like to discuss music from anybody but real film composers.

I heard only Gollum?s Cavern (For me it?s too long for download). Well, if you?ll only have a full symphony orchestra, it would be good, not quite as Howard Shore, but good.

I?m a professional Film Director (far away from USA). I love film music and John Williams of course. If you want my modest advice, so that?s it:

Try lesser ambitious subject than LOTR, more simplistic in ideas and genre.

Don?t create film music without film.

Write something less tied with the concrete story.

Something more abstract about feelings, nature, romance, depression? I don?t know. Just leave it to listener?s imagination. Remember your music should be accessible for usual listener, not a soundtrack fan.

If you want to be a film composer, you should be more diverse, not just symphonic oriented guy. Go to the film school near you. Take your music. Try to find some friends among young directors. If you?ll be lucky, you will receive a job for free.

Film music is not an easy task. Non-symphonic music, very diverse and ?simple? with relation to form is more necessary for short-student and independent films (a good start for any film composer).

Good luck to you!

P.

p.s. Re-post your music with lesser quality and size. 112 kbs is enough I think.

Hey!! Glad for Responses,

Benefactor:

I agree in more of the aspects of your post, but it was not my intation to take out Shore´s score, or eben replican it, in facts i´m a Tolkien´s books fan, and it was a Great "point" of Ispiration for me....,

Talking About fellings, i have to say that There is a concret "Messege", in each part, that i was trying to Show, a Good friend ask me something like a "listen-guide", here is it:

Gollum´s Cavern:

Well the Idea of this Moviment is tell the story and describes the 500 years that our "pour" Friend Gollum/Smeagol, had passed "Absolutly Alone" there, just with his "Heated Ring".

1-In the First Seconds i tryed to "show", the Cave, the Dark the past of years... "Alone"..

2- From (0:50) to (1:18), keeping whit the first "Motive" alone whit Violas and Basses, but starting wiht the Woods, Specially relevant the First Fagot, and a bit late 1Oboe,.. Well I think in this passage i tryed to "Express" 2 diferents lines, keeping with the pass of Time, alone, Darkness, and whith Woods, (you were in trouth) there is a Dialog, but Not whit Bilbo (It was a greate Idea), only Smeagol, and Gollum., Starting the Fagot "Gollum", (you know the possesion power of the ring is groving with the time), and this is the begining Ring starts to talk and Gollum´s caracther Born.., then Smeagol "Oboe1", respons and the (Madness- process) starts,

3-From (1:18) to (1:36), Oboe is keeping talking it starts the passge, is like a shine of sense, Smeagol knows that somethink has began and hate it, there is not way out.

4-From (1:36) to (1:55), yes the Triangle is one of the Rcurses i used for the ring, this parts is like a lament (Oboe is talking), of the previus ones, but it starts to be a paintful, strings progression si carring that to the Central Motive...

5-From (1:55) to (2:34) Paintfull, Gollum is begining to be the Dominant caracther, "Alone", "Madness", Sad very Sad existence...he is Afraid too, Desseperation...Sad very Sad.. and the Ring over All..(piccolo with 1Flute tremolo), it is the RING just two repetitions meaning "subtlety" it has time all the time of the World..,

6- From (2:35) to (3:19), i started wiht a Strings bridge and then there is a heavy passage started wiht Bass clarinet, coming wiht 1 and 2 Fagots, Gollum again, the "possesion" is ending, there is not way out,

7-From (3:20) to (3:32) is like a conclusion of the same Smeagol is dieing,

8-From (3:33) to (3:52) Englihs horn talks ( i used this instrument cose is a bit like an Oboe and a Fagot) "Expresing" the Fusion of Smeagol and Gollum.

9-(3:53) to (End), Again Central motive.., finished whit a Dry percussion hit, Madness Procces has ended.., no Way out, Ring has Won

Hope i didn´t borried you.. ;) ,

Jango: Thx!! i will wait your opinion,

Alex: hehehehe, nice to see friends from others forum here,!!,

but i use to travel in "helicopter", :P thx for response

D.M

Of course you were inspired. That is great!

Personally, I like and understand symphonic music, I like to dig in scores underneath, but my fellow directors/producers didn't like it at all. They are not musicians. Usually they are just loved something or not. They don't want to be manipulated by music content or explanations or theories. They want to hear something that inspire them, waking up their imagination. And they are right.

My advice is from rationalistic point of view. But very right, believe me.

Do everything what you like, but don't forget the other necessaries of this biz.

Benefactor, Thx Again for your Feedback!!!,

An idea comes to me, let´s do it on the reverse side!!,

Can you tell me what you fell in the 2 moviment..,(of course if you have time), and then i will tell you my intation when i composed it..,

it will be GREAT!!,

And yes Of course "primary" fellings counts but i think there is some "subliminal" loading in Music, and in Frames too, that is the better aspect in a movie, descover it.., just like Citizen Kane ....Better movie ever done (in my opinion). :P

take care.

D.M

Hm...

Dear Diego,

I think you make one mistake, and don't understand me. When I said I like dig in scores, it is not sooo far. "Subliminal messages" in music is very hard to describe. And their understanding is very different from person to person. Those messages recreates with help of performers (orchestra f.e.), not just by melody and harmony. Possibilities of synth-samples are limited in this case.

And when you (composer) are trying to describe content to me, I can lose interest to it.

It is too much in your Gollum explanation.

I want feel my own deep emotions and content, and won?t share with anybody.

You are LOTR fan, you know your music, I'm sure you are load some subliminal messages to it. But when you talk with director (and listener) it is better to talk about "primary" feelings, if only you don?t want to torture him.

Music is about emotion rather then words, words, words?

I?m not LOTR fan, and I didn?t know the subject as good as you do.

Second movement is about hope and friendship, about joy trip through the sunshine forest with some small dramatic foreboding at 0:55. Second half is just a reprise.

Whole piece is about last moment of happy for these hobbits before all future darkness.

Sorry, I cannot describe it deeper.

It sounds good and accessible for me (don?t forget I?m soundtrack fan). Intelligent. It is good that you aren?t pushing all emotional buttons at once.

Hope you are satisfied.

P.

Am I the only one to keep constantly confusing "D.Montesinos" with "King Mark"?

That was the first thing I thought as well! Just goes to show the importance of visual cues as well as how significant one's avatar is to their identity on this (or any online) messageboard. Once familiar with the image, I rarely check the name to confirm my assumption. So everyone without an avatar, proceed post haste and get one! :P

Oh, and welcome aboard Diego! ;)

CYPHER

Benefactor: Thx again, Suere i´m satisfied, and you raly take my intation, here is the "guide":

Nº2-Four on their Way,

Of course i´m talking about the Hobbits, Sam, Frodo, Pipin and Merry, talking obut their Trip, and about the "Hobbits´s essence", Life is the Bigest Present, Live the Moment, Tomorrow does not Exist...,(our live will be Better if we take note about that),

1-From (0:00) to (0:14), Well i imagined, like the begining of the trip, just these Morning when first Sun shines appears..

2-From (0:15) to (0:27), they just start walking, (String´s Pizzicatos), jumping, hapy to Know new lands, new people,

3-From (0:28) to (0:36) Orchestral Tuti, gets the line, just i tryed to transmited a few thinks, one is the Big Dimension of their Trip, they are gonna save the Middle Earth, and the Other is (their Huge heart, Friendship,etc..).

4-From (0:36) to (0:51) I retome the Pizzicatos given them a moviment intention, (Walking, Jumping) they can not stop, but Strings "Shows", this not will be just a (local Trip),

5-From (0:52) to (1:06), Yes the First Problem, Black Rieders meeting.. Strings, with 1,2 Fagot and Bass Clarinet and E horn, but still an Oboe, carry the Chord Moviment to a more "positive harmonys".

6- From (1:07) to (1:14) Bridge again With pizzicatos (walking again) to the Central Motive..

7- From (1:15) to (1:37) in this part divided in 2 motives, 2 just an extension..., is an "Abstract" Call to the triump of the White-Forces against the Mordor´s Power,

8- Then i retome the begining of the piece, wiht a bit of matice changes, yes Horns, means Honor, and maturity their trip will made them better and strong..

Well, i have to say that i did that like an Exercise, you know.. i made like a "guion", and think, Wath i wanna say?,..,and then how will it sounds?...,

Thaks everboy for "Wellcome"..,

and, King Mark,.. i can see you like the "Darkness -side" too , hehehe.....,

ok, an Imperial Star clas Destroyer, may works for me.............

:D:P:mrgreen:

D.M