Who should score Alien vs. Predator?

Goldsmithfan

I think it is time that they made another Star Trek movie LOL, but like you were all saying why whould i tbe on earth, I really do no think that I will be getting attached to this movie

JW2285-Who thinks that this movie will not be that good...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True it could be as bad as ST Nemesis turned out, or it could be as good as ST Nemesis turned out depending on who you talk to.

LOL Very true. Just ask Justin. He seemed to love Nemesis.

I dont really think it was that bad at all. I certainly enjoyed the way the battles were created. Instead of speedy ships flying around, we had big lumbering ships crashing slowly into each other like wooden ships on the open sea, with little and big shards sheering off and floating around . I loved the way they did that. Made it feel like an old wooden ship battle out there in the south china seas or something. Storywise it was vey lacking though.

I thought it was really good, very well done. Stewart in his best ST movie performance. I just wish they'd put the deleted scenes back in, some of them were really good and important.

Marian - who was positively surprised when he watched it.

:baaa: Looney Tunes (Jerry Goldsmith)

Nemesis makes me wish for no more Star Trek movies. Star Trek is going where Star Wars went.

Maybe that's why Patrick Stewart wants nothing to do with the franchise anymore.

Look here...

http://filmforce.ign.com/startrek/articles....html?fromint=1

for the 411 about Patrick Stewart.

So wait? A vs. P takes place on Earth?

Thats lame! all the comics were set on foreign alien worlds. Setting it on Earth is just uncreative.

And cost-effective. They must be low on budget. Seems like another Anderson turkey.

-----------------

Alex Cremers

EXACTLY!!! :)

Alex is a smart man! He saw right through that bullshit.

Yeah these guys are looking to keep the film cheap so if the movie bombs and people dont buy into the obvious "gimmick" behind this film then they wont lose much.

I can see it now ....

This movie will be shot in Canada in winter. What a better way to go cheap with a film. :wave:

I dont really think it was that bad at all. I certainly enjoyed the way the battles were created. Instead of speedy ships flying around, we had big lumbering ships crashing slowly into each other like wooden ships on the open sea, with little and big shards sheering off and floating around .

Agreed!

The big crash stuck in my mind as a cinema hilight...as did Mr. Data's fly-between. I bought the DVD for 10 dollars. I wouldn't have bought it for full price, but I still wanted to own the sucker. One other great part is the star wars/a new hope-style laser battle.

Batman Vs Superman is coming

Any comic fan should know that Batman won TWICE against Superman in the comics, I have the issues that have it.

Batman just whups Superman.

Nemesis makes me wish for no more Star Trek movies. Star Trek is going where Star Wars went.

We need a NEW Star Wars!!!!

I mean this VERY SERIOUSLY!!!!!!

I want someone to create the sci-fi series that will TRULY be the sucessor to SW now that the films are getting embarresing.

The Matrix saga was nice, but not worthy of SW's legacy.

I hope I live to see the film which will have that same epic space Opera feel of the classic trilogy. :mrgreen:

You can probably get that in ds9. :cool:

Come now! :mrgreen:

Look Morn you may be a die hard DS9 fan but even you gotta admit that deal has nowhere near the popularity or fandom of the Classic Trilogy.

At least before the "Prequels" came out.

Hmmmmm I gotta believe SOMWHERE out there, there is some guy who is going to make history with an original sci-fi epic.

I just hope 20 years after it gets released history doesn't repeat itself and that guy feels he needs to go back and make a "special edition" of his work.

Stefancos- who thinks Silvestri's score for Predator is a brilliant work in the film, but not to listenable on CD.

It's a good thing you bought two of them then, isn't it?

Neil

Yeah, but I plan to sell one on eBay.

And the Main Theme alone is worth the price of the CD i'm keeping.

And mind your own bussiness, your my Moderator, nor my mother.

Stefancos- who will from hence forth call Neil the Motherator. :thumbup:

I almost bought the CD- but it came down to that or the Fury (I'd never heard this before), and I have the main theme on the PPO Space and Beyond 2 CD.

And I couldn't be more pleased with my choice. Predator would probably just sit on the shelf, while The Fury is one of the permanent CDs in my case.

Yeah I read that over at FSM as well but I can't find any other info confirming it.

That for me would be the only reason to actually go see this film