THX-1138: Special Edition DVD

Jeshopk

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who,s Geoffrey Unsworthy?

;):):P

He's the man responsible for filming such visually beautiful films as 2001: A Space Odyssey and Superman - The Movie. You can see his filmography here.

Neil

I could say that Stefancos is a mere man

So are the rest of us!

Speaketh for yourself

OH I am sorry. I forgot you your majesty. He who is the master of all the forum. The Guardian of every thread, typo, and emoticon! ;)

Speaketh for yourself

I think K.M. is thinking/believing himself to be a Norse god, a la Thor from the fine comic The Ultimates

Speaketh for yourself

I think K.M. is thinking/believing himself to be a Norse god, a la Thor from the fine comic The Ultimates

Or like something out of Hagar The Horrible! :)

Who,s Geoffrey Unsworthy?

:P;) 8O

He's the man responsible for filming such visually beautiful films as 2001: A Space Odyssey and Superman - The Movie. You can see his filmography here.

Neil

He did Murder on the Orient Express, too. He's responsible for that foggy, antique look. (Even though Fraker replicated it in 1941 during the airbase scenes).

Heh...I got THX for Christmas on VHS. It's funny how this happened with another Lucas-related Christmas present 7 years ago. I had just got the SW anthology for Christmas in '96 (along with First Contact--which pretty much really kicked off my soundtrack collecting), even though SE was coming out in a month. Of course, that was back in the days before I could see that stuff coming from a year off, before we had a computer. On a lighter note, I got American Graffiti with no problem this Christmas.

;) "Revenge" from Legends of the Fall (or is it from Braveheart)?

BTW I wonder what Lucas will have to say on the commentary track?

Can we expect two hours worth of self-congratulation and self-admiration like all his other commentary tracks? :)

I did a Google search on Star Wars and The Wizard of Oz. I thought I was the only one thinking George modelled his Star Wars movie on The Wizard Of Oz. But I soon found out that this theory was in fact the oldest news on the planet. In other words, I was right! Even George Lucas credits the Wizard of Oz as an influence.

Here's a little bit of what can be found on the subject.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/1085/story.html

http://www.jitterbug.com/origins/oz.html

http://www.google.be/search?q=cache:htDr_u...ang_nl&ie=UTF-8

http://www.cogulus.com/archive/starwars/

http://www.google.be/search?q=cache:CFPnhg...ang_nl&ie=UTF-8

----------------

Alex Cremers

Shoot the characters from Wizard of Oz into space and what do you get? Right! Star Wars.

Chewie is not a coward (except outside of the trash compactor). :|

Neil

"Chewie, come back here, you big coward!"

----------------

Alex Cremers

Shoot the characters from Wizard of Oz into space and what do you get? Right! Star Wars.

Chewie is not a coward (except outside of the trash compactor). :|

Neil

"Chewie, come back here, you big coward!"

Exactly my point.

And don't forget that the trash compactor scene comes right after the shootout in the cell bay, where they were doing a "prisoner transfer from cellblock 1138".

Neil - bringing this back on topic. ;)

It has recently been changed.

You mean now they are changing the dialogue to those films too?

Isn't it bad enough they are adding tons of gratuitous GGI bits. They have to mess with the dialogue too??

OH and thats exactly what you want right? Lucas "improving" his old dialogue.

Because I think he all know how formidable he has proven himself to be in his recent film with creating such clever dialogue! :)

"You've grown too ...... grown more beautiful" :music:

Lines like that made the audience "groan". :|

Isn't it bad enough they are adding tons of gratuitous GGI bits. They have to mess with the dialogue too??

Yep, and "Prisoner transfer from cell block 1138" has been changed into "Prisoner transfer from cell block CO3K". Spielberg danced the hoochi coochi when he saw that. (wink)

----------------

Alex Cremers

Yep, and "Prisoner transfer from cell block 1138" has been changed into "Prisoner transfer from cell block CO3K". Spielberg danced the hoochi coochi when he saw that. (wink)

----------------

Alex Cremers

REALLY!?!?!?

So now Lucas needs to further defame his movies in order to make other filmakers feel better about their film projects? Thats retarded. :roll:

Goldsmith's father lived to be 101.  Why can't I?

Neil

Well I guess its possible that maybe 1 or 2 people here could live that long. However, the odds are against you.

Not to mention even if you did live that long you would probably be so feeble you wouldn't even be able to remember what Star Wars was like in the first place! :(

• 8 years later...

Hi gang

I'm working on a book at present about THX. I was able to interview George Lucas and Walter Murch for it which was an amazing experience.

I'll let you know when it's due to be published.

James

@jasclarkewriter

It's an interesting film but above all a beautiful aesthetic and atmospheric experience. I'm sure Lucas made it while being under the influence of 2001: A Space Odyssey. I just wish he would grant us the original version.

Alex

Diggin' up old threads, are we?

People always get yelled at here when they create a new thread on a topic that already has a thread. So yes I searched for an appropriate thread to post to.

I disagree that people get yelled here when that happens - can you even post one example of it happening in the last two years?

You might be thinking of Film Score Monthly, where people DO get yelled at all the time - though, to be fair, a lot of time people start topics about the same CD that already has 2 threads on page!

Here however, feel free to start your own thread. If I think it should be merged into an older one, I'll do it. And even then, I'd only do it if a similar thread was still on page 1 or 2. I would never merge with a thread that hasn't had a reply in 8 years!

Diggin' up old threads, are we?

People always get yelled at here when they create a new thread on a topic that already has a thread. So yes I searched for an appropriate thread to post to.

I disagree that people get yelled here when that happens - can you even post one example of it happening in the last two years?

You might be thinking of Film Score Monthly, where people DO get yelled at all the time - though, to be fair, a lot of time people start topics about the same CD that already has 2 threads on page!

Here however, feel free to start your own thread. If I think it should be merged into an older one, I'll do it. And even then, I'd only do it if a similar thread was still on page 1 or 2. I would never merge with a thread that hasn't had a reply in 8 years!

Thanks, note taken...fyi yes it probably has been 2 years since I saw someone get yelled at. Better safe than sorry!