Tintin

Bart

From Dark Horizons

Many have been wondering how the "Tintin" movie in development is going and according to French magazine Capital, it might be further along than expected.

Seems that Steven Spielberg will produce and or possibly direct not one but potentially three adaptations of the famous comic according to the mag. The "deal is nearly signed" and shooting is aiming to begin next winter for a release in 2006.

The three movies to be made apparently will be based on two of the two-part comics (the space one is considered too "old fashioned") and one using two comics with the same characters. Thus it'll be the sunken treasure adventure "The Secret of the Unicorn" and "Red Rackham's Treasure", the China/Tibet drug trade and Yeti antics of "The Blue Lotus" and "Tintin in Tibet", and my personal fave - the Incan mystery "The Seven Crystal Balls" and "Prisoners of the Sun".

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad I know all the endings already! :P

I'd really love an adaptation of the 'Red Rackham'-two parter and the 'Seven Crystal Balls' one. Hope Spielberg and Williams team up once more. (Since, we have to face it, the end of all things is nearing...)

Whaaaa????

Yeah. They're not immortal you know. Just hope that they keep some multiple endings in store too.

;)

Back on topic of course. I thought Cigars of the Pharao (or whatever they called it in English) and Blue Lotus formed a two-parter as well?

I know very little of Tintin. Is there anyone who could give me some background?

Well, er, Tintin is like Tintin. It was my favorite comic book series when I was a kid. I have the complete series! (Ok, not that there are thát many...) Tintin is a reporter and he goes out on these adventures with his dog. Bobbie. Or he solves mysteries closer at home. Like at Moulinsart. That's a castle. But you'll see :P

Whaaaa????

Yeah. They're not immortal you know. Just hope that they keep some multiple endings in store too.

:P

You make it sound like they're on their deathbeds!

Didn't mean it like that though. I just find it frustrating to find out about all these great upcoming events, and subsequently having to wait all these years. Indy 4, great. Oh wait. I'll be graduated by then...

The three movies to be made apparently will be based on two of the two-part comics (the space one is considered too "old fashioned") and one using two comics with the same characters. Thus it'll be the sunken treasure adventure "The Secret of the Unicorn" and "Red Rackham's Treasure", the China/Tibet drug trade and Yeti antics of "The Blue Lotus" and "Tintin in Tibet", and my personal fave - the Incan mystery "The Seven Crystal Balls" and "Prisoners of the Sun".

Excellent. "Seven Crystal Balls" the "The Secret of the Unicorn" are two of my favorite Tintin comics of all time. "The Castafiore Emerald" was also a personal favorite, but it doesn't lend itself to a good movie. I'm very much looking forward to these favorites, although I'm willing to bet Spielberg will just produce them, and I have already said, I don't think Williams is the ideal choice for them.

I don't think Williams is the ideal choice for them

Why not?

Well, open a Tintin book. The drawings, the colors, the vistas... everything is so light. At most, a strip will have half-a-dozen, or a dozen different colors. There are barely any close-ups, and very few objects around, we feel there's so much clean-air to breathe.. As I said, everything is so very light, so very sunny Spring morning.

Williams' music is usually heavy, bombastic, loud, and very americana. It just doesn't feel right in such a very European tale of those characteristics.

-Ross, who has discussed this before many times.

Spielberg might see a young Indiana Jones in TinTin. "TinTin in Africa" with tombs and mummies! I hear Williams music already.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I think Zemeckis (is that written so?) might be a better choice for Tintin...

Well if he does it, perhaps Silvestri will score this movie instead.

To me, Williams and Silvestri would make great choices for the composer of this film. So if one doesn't do, have the other one take his place.