Jurassic Park single?

Incanus

Does any of you own the Jurassic Park single with two tracks Theme from Jurassic Park and The End Credits? I bought this one recently and was wondering is this a rare release or was it widely distibuted in 1993? It has a black cardboard case and held a free poster which was not included as I bought it used.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have that one with the poster inside, when it was around in 1993.

Here in Britain it was very common and most people bought that on it's own.

I've still got it here somewhere. But it's probably not in good condition now.

A single of Jurassic Park? Never heard of that before...but that´s interesting, i don´t think there are too many single CDs of JW music around, are there? At least i´ve never seen one in a store in my country

A single of Jurassic Park? Never heard of that before...but that´s interesting, i don´t think there are too many single CDs of JW music around, are there? At least i´ve never seen one in a store in my country

It was very common at that time in the shops, as most people were just after the main theme, and not the score as such. So that was on it, along with the End titles i think. I think i still have it in the house . But i certainly did'nt look after it, because i got the proper album later on. From what i remember, it has a black plastic snap shut case, and the cover artwork is the colour/design same as the album. But the semi card cover is attached to the black plastic. So that got quite worn quickly. The poster was about the size of two monitors across. I supppose it may be worth something now. But i was'nt looking at it in those terms at the time.

The one I bought used had a case that was in a pretty bad shape(I mean somebody had drawn on it :| )

These are very hard to come by here in Finland. The other single of JW I own is the Duel of the Fates but it is a radio edit with the sound effects and dialogue :mrgreen: but it is shorter than the original (about 3;40 compared to the 4;20 of the original track).

I have the 45rpm picture disk vinyl single of the theme from Superman. I have no idea if that's worth anything or not. I also have the CD single of the Imperial March which came out in 1997 with the special editions. I can't remember how I got that. I think it was a freebie with the Special Edition video box set.

I have the Star Wars singles for Cantina Band, The Imperial March, and Lapti Nek. They're actually pretty lavish as far as singles are concerned: die-cut or partially see-through, with cases slightly thicker than modern slimline cases and fold-out liners. ....... granted, I have NO idea where these are now, but they're in my house somewhere. :mrgreen:

I have the Star Wars singles for Cantina Band, The Imperial March, and Lapti Nek.

You mean "Jedi Rocks". There was a 12" 45 released for "Lapti Nek". It featured the "club" and "dub" mixes of the song. Neither of them is the film version.

Neil

There are many Williams singles from the vinyl era. In recent years most cd singles are only for promotional purposes. There are two diferent ccd singles of both Summon the Heroes and The Phantom menace, both sent to radio stations. Same thing with Attack of the clones (one single and one promotional disc with interviews).

There were three diferent releases of the Jurassic Park single: the UK one, with the special packing, an european one, one regular cd case, and the one metioned by Neil, from the US (only the last one has one track, the two others have both the Main Title and the End Credits).

There is a Moonlight single. with the song, plus a shorter edit -- I've seen this advertised in magazines, but I only have the promotional version of that one.

And I've been told of a Schindler's List single too.

Plus exist promotional cd singles for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Born on the Fourth of July and Amistad (by the way, I'm looking for tha last two).

What's the point of singles if they only contain the album versions? If they were smart they would include an alternate version as well or as a second track, include a track not on the album.

There Plus exist promotional cd singles for Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Born on the Fourth of July and Amistad (by the way, I'm looking for tha last two).

When BOTFOJ was released theatrically there was a segment on Entertainment Tonight about that single. It was mentioned as being a commercially released single, with its own music video. They showed some clips from it which featured very moody black and white footage of Williams conducting the theme, interspersed with scenes from the film.