Friends Ends

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, I'm too busy with doing my variety show here at the school, acting like George Bush in Celebrity Jeopardy and whatnot

I'm Chandler, for the record. Anyway, what did those who watched the finale think? I thought it was a great, fitting finale. Pretty sad that it's over, but I was satisfied.

Ray Barnsbury

acting like George Bush in Celebrity Jeopardy

Whatt? That would be interesting...

:P I had to work tonight, and missed it. I'll have to catch a rerun later this summer.

Anthony

I'm Chandler, for the record.  Anyway, what did those who watched the finale think?  I thought it was a great, fitting finale.  Pretty sad that it's over, but I was satisfied.  

Ray Barnsbury

I love the show but was fairly unimpressed. It was a typical Friends episode. The only difference was that we don't have to wait until the fall to find out if Rachel got off the plane. The only real surprise for me was the twins, didn't see that coming. But all in all, I agree it was a fitting end to the show.

True Adoy, though I was really pleasantly surprised by the twins, as you mentioned. Finally a twist I didn't see coming. I felt that recent episodes have been fairly predictable (ie Janice moving in next door), which was disappointing. But that didn't really happen in the finale, so I was glad. I'm hoping Joey will be good in the fall, though he's actually the last friend I'd want a spinoff about. Think of a Monica/Chandler/twins spinoff! Anyway, I was wondering what people who watched both Friends and Seinfeld thought. I never watched Seinfeld, only the last episode years ago because it was a big event. I would imagine that fans of the show were pretty disappointed with that silly finale, and I'm just glad Friends took a different route.

Ray Barnsbury

Seinfeld had one of the dumbest and most disappointing endings I've ever seen, Cheers also went out with a wimper. M*A*S*H* in my mind had one of the best endings, although the show became too serious for my liking in it's final years.

I'm going to miss Friends and while the ending wasn't too spectacular I'm glad they didn't try to do something silly or outrageous.

My wife was in tears during the ending, but ER almost put me in tears last night. Poor Carter.

ER almost put me in tears last night. Poor Carter.

I KNOW! :cry: Gosh, that show is so freakin' traumatic, and yet I always come back for more.

Ray Barnsbury

Personally, I'm just glad I won't have to endure anymore talk about it. They're gone, HALLELUJAH!!!!

:ola::jump:

Oh wait they are still on every other network in reruns... and there is going to be that Frasier wannabe "Joey" coming in the fall so chances are we'll still have that "very special episode" where all the friends re-unite once a year to give the faillure of a spinoff a ratings boost and keep it alive for one more season 8O :angry:

:angry:   I had to work tonight, and missed it.  I'll have to catch a rerun later this summer.

Anthony

You don't even have to wait that long.

They're making a dvd with pilot/finale.

It comes out next week.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...?v=glance&s=dvd

8O :roll:

Yeah, i watched it too.

I'm more sad to see Frasier go than Friends.

I never couldd laugh at Friends.

so chances are we'll still have that "very special episode" where all the friends re-unite

The reunion show (to air during November sweeps) was filmed immediately after the final episode.

Neil

i'll watch it later.

i'm more interested in when the golden girls and the nanny come out on dvd.

i did like friends though - i never really got hooked. .

i watch csi and law and order now.

Oh wait they are still on every other network in reruns... and there is going to be that Frasier wannabe "Joey" coming in the fall so chances are we'll still have that "very special episode" where all the friends re-unite once a year to give the faillure of a spinoff a ratings boost and keep it alive for one more season 8O :angry:

Don't have to be Nostradamus to predict that tragedy.

Friends ended nicely. It's one the few series finales that I've been satisfied with. It going to be strange next fall without it.

My wife was in tears during the ending, but ER almost put me in tears last night. Poor Carter.

ER was very difficult for me to watch. In fact, I had to leave the room a couple of times. My sister's first child was stillborn at similar point in her pregancy due to a problem with the umbilical cord so the episode brought back a lot of painful memories.

Oh wait they are still on every other network in reruns... and there is going to be that Frasier wannabe "Joey" coming in the fall so chances are we'll still have that "very special episode" where all the friends re-unite once a year to give the faillure of a spinoff a ratings boost and keep it alive for one more season  

The reunion show (to air during November sweeps) was filmed immediately after the final episode.  

Nope, five out of the six have expressed disinterest in doing a Friends reunion. Those of you non-fans forced to endure talk of Friends for ten years will hopefully no longer be bothered, while those of us who have loved it will be able to enjoy it in syndication and on DVD for years to come.

Ray Barnsbury

Nope, five out of the six have expressed disinterest in doing a Friends reunion. Those of you non-fans forced to endure talk of Friends for ten years will hopefully no longer be bothered, while those of us who have loved it will be able to enjoy it in syndication and on DVD for years to come.

It turns out the story I read was not accurate and NBC's Jeff Zucker shot down the reunion story. It took some searching though to find the retraction. The reunion show story was all over the news when the final episode was shot, though.

Neil

acting like George Bush in Celebrity Jeopardy

Whatt? That would be interesting...

Yeah I just got back from the second night of doing the show, I was Bush, Nick was Kerry and we had a friend play as Burt Reynolds.

I've got the script saved on my comp....

M*A*S*H* in my mind had one of the best endings

oh no, Mark, I thought Mash had the worst ending. All 3 Star Treks (TNG, DS9, and Voyager) had great endings. Newhart had the greatest ending ever. Seinfeld was dreadful, but typical of that overrated show. Night Court was good, Cheers was ok, and Friends was fee-nom-in-al. It was typical friends. It made me feel good, and I will miss it.

I don't understand the hatred for this show express here. If any show on tv is less deserving of this kind of attitude, I've never seen it. Now the reality shows, :thumbup: rant away, they are all crap in my eyes, well not all. I love Airline on A&E.

The fact that Friends will have 1 spinoff is nothing surprising. Great shows usually do. All in the Family had 7 directly and indirectly. I for one will hope that Joey is a success, love the name by the way, 'course it what I've been called all my life too so that don't hurt.

I was (or am) an occasional watcher of this show, it's good, well written, well acted and fun.

I'm not a devoted fan, but I have no reason to be negative about it.

And Joe, you know the reason why so many people bash Friends is because it's soooo popular.

The same reason why many people think Titanic is crap.

Ahh, me Ross. :P

:sigh:

But Aniston, you were good

She's overrated and ugly. :music:

MASH, I love how it got serious, it rose above mere comedy and became a proper war drama.

I find final's are usually a let down, you are made to think it's going to be a classic episode, so of course you are let down. Often they are just mediocre episode.

She's overrated and ugly

HUH?!?! Say what you will about her acting, her talent, and her show (which I find all fine), but how in the world can you think she's ugly?!?!

Ray Barnsbury

Something is very wrong with her cheeks and mid-face.

there is nothing wrong with her cheeks and mid-face. She's a beauty.

She was a trend setter. Is a trend setter.