POA Listening party Now Online!!

Bart

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill say it sounds as a 192 or better kbps Mp3s...

Indeed,now I'll still buy the c.d. because I buy all JW c.d's but if this was anybody elses score I'd be happy with the files as they are now.Won't this type of high quality listening party hurt sales of the c.d.?

K.M.

Does anyone know how to record what winamp is playing?

Answer: use writer output plug-in to create a wav of it. then use whatever audio software you like to split them and encode in whatever format.

-Diskobolus, who now has this album on CD

It's easy to rip it and burn on a CD, but why would you do that if it comes out on official CD in two weeks? I only made an MP3 file of the Waltz, but I'm leaving the rest for when I buy the CD.

Does anyone know how to record what winamp is playing?

Answer: use writer output plug-in to create a wav of it. then use whatever audio software you like to split them and encode in whatever format.

-Diskobolus, who now has this album on CD

It's easy to rip it and burn on a CD, but why would you do that if it comes out on official CD in two weeks? I only made an MP3 file of the Waltz, but I'm leaving the rest for when I buy the CD.

Because I only have a CD player in the room in which I want to listen.

It's easy to rip it and burn on a CD, but why would you do that if it comes out on official CD in two weeks?

Maybe so he can listen to it on CD between now and then.

EDIT: Augh, you beat me to it. :)

Ray Barnsbury

I can think of may reasons to have this on CD now. Obviously playing it in other rooms is a good one. Being able to switch tracks conveniently is another, and a big one I think. I took it to work yesterday, where my computer doesn't have a sound card and only a dial-up connection, I could listen to it in as high quality as my boombox allows.

Yes, there are many reasons to want this on CD now. Why not, the score has been released, right?

Neil

Having read the track by track analysis, I notice that there are only two returning themes: Hedwig's theme and Nimbus 2000. Um, wow. I'm sure I will enjoy the soundtrack greatly, but I'm a theme freak. Must have Harry's theme, Sorceror's Stone motif...well, I'm holding out for the full version of the score (as heard in the movie, for the time being). There's no track that is called, or that underscores, for example, Trelawney's prophecy. That moment certainly calls for the Sorceror's Stone motif or the You-Know-Who theme.

Right on, I've been thinking about Trelawney's PoA prophecy since the first movie, and how it should be underscored with the You-Know-Who theme.

Ray Barnsbury

Funny thing - I'm on dial-up, but both dial-up and broadband versions load at a faster rate than they play, perhaps almost instantly. Is this because I use AOL as my ISP and web browser?