*** The Official Boston JWFan Meeting ***

Ren

Well now I feel like a goober, I live 30 minutes outside of Boston, I should have bought tickets.

And you're a veteran too... 8O

Hehe oh well, next year! :devil:

Justin

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much did the whole event set each of you back? I'd want to know the ballpark of what I would need to save to plan one in the future. Like I said in a previous post... given enough time to plan one, KM and myself, and maybe my fiance would like to attend a similar concert. :devil:

This is obviously an outlier, but I spent around $60 for the tickets both nights, making it a grand total of $60. I was actually planning on reimbursing Neil and Ray for letting me sleep on their hotel floor, but completely forgot about it until I got back home.

"Ray" and "Diskobolus" vocalized an interesting phenomenom that I also experienced in Philadelphia last year.  What happens is, Williams starts conducting "The Raiders March".  While any Williams fan can name that tune in 1 note, it takes the rest of the audience about 10 seconds to realize what is actually being played, to which they burst out in applause, while the piece is being played.  Its nice that they eventually recognize the music and enjoy it, but I'd rather hear the music and not the sound of 10,000 hands clapping.  I can hear that afterwords.  The same thing happened with "Flying" from E.T., the second encore of the evening.  Williams does his best to settle down the audience.  I think a random execution would work better though.

In a post of very funny moments... I found this one exceedingly entertaining! LOL!!! I always noticed that on TV myself.

By the way... although the pics that I saw are great... the page stops loading and doesn't show them all. Either my settings are off, the site isn't doing something right, or my connection is terrible (well, that goes without saying).

Yes, pick a random kid from the crowd. This phenomenon is more funny to hear about than experience. While I've finally learned to ignore obnoxious, noisy people during the concert and just enjoy the music, it is not possible to ignore the entire audience's applause. By Friday night's second encore, I was about to lose it, and right before he played E.T., I announced this very loudly to my friends and the section I was in. As Ray might put it, it was a lost cause.

Hey Neil --

Nice synopsis of the concert. Your Superman ticket is now totally priceless. Good going! :pukeface: I shared your pain last year in the failed three attempts to get it signed. Now the universe is at peace...

I'll do my best to go next time. I would've gone to this, but the total cost made it a little prohibitive this time around. Comparatively speaking, when he came to DC last year, outside the cost of the tickets, I only spent $5 roundtrip for public transportation each time.

Neil, Ray! If you guys won't knock it off and will keep on telling how great the concert was, I swear I'll start taking drugs easing down the ruefulness. I think I couldn't envy you any more. I'm at the peak on covetousness. LOL

Well, I made a rough calculation on how much such concert in the States would cost me, and including the return ticket and prices Neil revealed, it'd set me back about $1500, which would likely take me about 2 years to save up. I hope London will cost less than that, even if I were to oversleep under canvas.

And you're a veteran too... 8O  

Hehe oh well, next year! :(

Justin

Definitely.

Foxfan: Please repost the group pics of us, by PM'ing them to yourself and using the IMG tag. Trying to view your post causes my browser to refresh itself infinitely. Thx.

That photo also appears in the "Evening at Pops" thread. It's been "quoted" a number of times.

Now that my concert is over - I have time to start editing the pictures that Neil and Ray have sent me. There will be a site (so not to clog threads with attachments) at http://education.jw-music.net/boston.html There is a starter page currently but no pictures. i have another concert to go to tonight but i have time today to start putting things together. i REALLY think everyone will absolutely adore this chronological online scrapbook.

PS my concert went very well. my boys choir was a hit. Next concert: Double Trouble.

Hey guys, I'm really happy you all had a great time at the concert! I really wish I was able to talk them into having the private meeting with Williams! More so than that, however, I would've loved to of been there with you all, to finally get to see you all face to face and in person! That must've been a real treat!

I was also going to call (Ren gave me her cell #), but I figured to just leave it all alone.

I'm very happy you had a good time!

What about those acoustics in the hall huh? Aren't they great?

Wish I could've joined you.

you just wanted to call me!!!!!!!!!LOL

Ahh.. ya know... secret crushes and all.... LOL

Your's was the only contact # I had, but I decided to not bother any of you.

Oh.. and 300th post count to me. Yay yay yay....

Self-congradulatory post over.

Seacrest out.

OK Folks, the thumbnails from the first night are up. Hope you like them. I'll do the second night's pictures this weekend and soon i'll put up links to the full size pictures. Have fun!

BOSTON PICS

Ren

Hey Ren. In the picture where you show your view of the orchestra, do you see me at the right edge of the picture? I was at the front of the first balcony. I can't see it on the thumbnails.

Cool Ren, I love the way you are all touching Williams car, like it's somekinda good luck charm.

And to see the face of John Takis revealed atlast. (looking oddly different then that of Jim Ware, hmmm...)

And off course the picture of that cola bottle makes everything worth while.

The photographer was Neil, and I provided and paid for the bottle. It was very good, by the way.

Ray Barnsbury

Cool Ren, I love the way you are all touching Williams car, like it's somekinda good luck charm.

And to see the face of John Takis revealed atlast. (looking oddly different then that of Jim Ware, hmmm...)

Yeah, I was actually consciously stroking this vehicle. As I mentioned in my summary, I really think we (or maybe just I) scared this family with two kids near the back entrance. We were just so enthusiastic to be there and being really friendly, and then this whole thing with the car...

When we started trading photos, one thing was painfully clear - and I don't mean our "fanaticism" in the words of Ren - in all the freakin pictures of me, my eyes are closed. Now the new group photo I'm seeing of us 6 guys, my eyes definitely appear to be closed. Only in Foxfan's group pic are my eyes not clamped shut.

Only in Foxfan's group pic are my eyes not clamped shut.

The one I uploaded was the only one out of the three I had so far in which you eyes weren't closed. I took that into consideration.

Only in Foxfan's group pic are my eyes not clamped shut.

The one I uploaded was the only one out of the three I had so far in which you eyes weren't closed. I took that into consideration.

Oh. Well thanks very much for that! 8O

Obviously my brain doesn't like most cameras.

i have updated more of the website. i have more pictures and the second concert program. Neil Ray Disk etc etc. any impressions of each other or the concert email them to me so i can post them/

i don't either. . . .glad you like it....i swear swear swear i will get the full size photos up ASAP.

I did, very much. And I'm very glad you all enjoyed yourselves. I was pointing out that it is pretty obvious that Neil would too.

Actually Morlock, since I was there, it makes me even more critical of Ren's Boston site. I was there and know exactly what happened and you know what? Ren's site captures the feelings pretty well using photos and text from various people. It truly is the closest thing there is to actually being there. Believe me, if I wasn't so happy with the site (which is entirely nostalgic and wonderful) I'd be the first to voice a problem with it.

Neil

I assumed it was implied that the site was great and captured the feeling. I could imagine, if I were there, that it would indeed be great and nostalgic.