Mystery Phone Calls

Ren

Although I love all you guys, I do not think I've given anyone here my home phone number. Today and yesterday Anthony and I have been getting calls from "North Dakota" who hang up when he answers. Now, it could be a reoccuring wrong number, a reoccuring wrong number with a phone card, or something of the sorts. I HOPE that is what it is.

If anyone from here is calling my home phone, either stop calling and hanging up or at least talk to one of us because it is really starting to annoy Anthony and I. And not to mention that it makes me feel a little awkward.

I really really don't think that anyone here is doing it. But I just need to cover my bases. I don't want any attacks about me making "assumptions' about people. blah blah blah. I just want it to stop. And if it is any of you, bless your hearts - stop or talk.

Have a nice day. Neil you can move this post to where you see fit or delete it. I just didn't think it would be taken seriously in the "other topics" forum.

Ren.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds creepy. If he's from here, tell us, and we'll attack him with millions of threatening emails!

Either way, tt's not me.

Morlock- who's never set foot in the state of North Dakota. Or Maine for that reason.

Well, it would be too expensive for me to do, lol. Hopefully it's just nothing. If you've got number recognition on your phone, write the number down and inform the police if this guy keeps calling you.

Obviously the first rule of making a call like this is switching of the number recognition on your telephone.

And I think if it is anyone here then Neil should seriously consider banning then for a full 2 days, in a weekend if at all possible.

Thanks for being joking and supportive. These kind of calls freak me out. . . .i don't really think it's any of you. but i just wanted reassurance.

Well, it's only been about 12 hours, but it hasn't happened again. I'm not sure if the police would take this seriously as it's just hang ups and no threats. But hopefully all is well and we can put this thread to rest.

Like you said Ren, it was probably just a mistake. Someone who dialed your Area code by mistake, just one number off the one they needed.

Yeah right, Ooohhh Girl you are in trouble, you have got an internet stalker of crazy proportions. He probably called a 2nd time just to triangulate your posistion. He'll probably eat Anthony with some fava beans and a nice chianti, fefefefefefefe. Then he'll probably dress you up in doll's cloths, and say things to you like, "it puts the lotion on the body". Then he and you will begin you're cross country journey, where in North Dakota a young woman named Ren will take up residence, running a roadside motel, while the real Ren, will sit in the rocking chair day after day, mummified, and undiscovered until years later. Fortunately the other Ren would never hurt a fly

they called again.

but i answered this time. it was some woman who couldn't say my name and was telling me to vote for blah de blah blah. It was an education question. Unfortunately I couldn't ream her out for calling and hanging up because I didnt' look at the caller id until after i hung up.

but i did get a word in edgewise about having a politcal call on a sunday!

thanks for caring everyone.

ren

LOL... Ren, I was gonna say that it sounds as though it was a telemarketer or someone like that. I've been getting tons of phone calls from Direct TV. It took a letter from my lawyer threatening harrassment before they stopped.

And this was after I asked them approx 10 times to be taken off of their do not call list.

And after I joined the national do not call list.....

go figure.

Glad you found out who they are. They can be a bit un-nerving.

I've never been to North Dakota.

Neil

Yes you have, Neil. Don't you remember! Rapid City, North Dakota. Summer of '58. You stood in for James Mason when poor Jimmy came down with a bad dose of crabs he got from that $10 hooker. Those back of head shots worked wonders with Cary Grant.

Hitch, who thinks Neil was a real pro and looks forward to not seeing his Actors Equity Card ever again on my mahogany table.