Beginning of Ep III revealed

QMM

Movies shouldn't have to rely on the audience knowing information from video games or books

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The movies are just the important parts of the whole SW universe.

But anyway, you dont need to know what happened. Remember Star Wars, it had many plot holes since it started in the middle of the story, but you dont really need to know what had happened to tell the story, and TPM is for the prequels the same ANH is for the OT.

I wonder what will become of McCallum after the prequels are all released? What purpose will he serve then? How will he be able to kiss Lucas' ass without a project of Lucas' to shower with overwhelming acclaim and wax poetic over. You cannot be a "YES" man wihout something to continually concur with.

Enter the TV show...

I wonder what will become of McCallum after the prequels are all released? What purpose will he serve then? How will he be able to kiss Lucas' ass without a project of Lucas' to shower with overwhelming acclaim and wax poetic over. You cannot be a "YES" man wihout something to continually concur with.

Enter the TV show...

Yes, a sequel to the Star Wars Christmas Special with Chewbacca's family with names like Lumpy

LOL

Don't underestimate Rick McCallum! The feeling of self-preservation is strong with him! After the Prequels Lucas will fall into emptiness. He'll feel alone and useless. McCallum will see this and that's the moment he'll start whispering things into George's ear. McCallum will be the one who makes Lucas believe he cannot retire before he really completes the saga: enter Episodes VII, VIII, IX.

----------------

Alex Cremers

EGAD! PLEASE NO!

The Torment must not continue the soiling of the SW name must end.

Maybe it was too much for my part to call them plot holes, since you dont need to know them to understand the story.

- We dont know who the emperor is, and how did he rise to power.

- We dont know what Anakin Skywalker, Obi wan and Bail Organa did.

- Why the War started?

- Who were the Jedi?

Plus many things that are explained with just one or two ambiguous sentences like the fall of the jedi, the republic, the clone wars, the rise of the empire, the force...

They maybe are not plot holes, but we dont know anything about the background of any character.

Well at least we know why Leia Contacts obi wan, what happened to anakin, What did palpatine etc, plus EPIII has not been released yet.

But well, you dont like the prequels so...

So what?

So what?

- Why the War started?

So what?

- Who were the Jedi?

"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice throughout the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire."

They maybe are not plot holes, but we dont know anything about the background of any character.

It's not critical to the enjoyment of the movie. That's part of it's brilliance.

Neil

Vague references to past events and unknown people like that give the film a sense of mystery. They're not at all vital for understanding the plot of Star Wars, and since it's a series of films, more is revealed later anyway.

Ray Barnsbury

So what?

So what?

- Why the War started?

So what?

- Who were the Jedi?

"For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice throughout the Old Republic. Before the dark times, before the Empire."

It's not critical to the enjoyment of the movie. That's part of it's brilliance.

Neil

You are as predictable as a fine tuned clock. Ironically, you waste time with these things...

By the way, i had already said that you dont really need to know those things to understand the movie.

And come on, one guy says that there should have explained why the sith want revenge. But of course since they are the prequels, it doesnt add mistery or enjoyment to have unexplained things, right? (dont be predictable Neil this time, will ya? )

;)

Sometimes a little mystery is more satisfying than a full disclosure.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I agree with lex. Stuff like that was largely trivial and was hardly required to grasp the plot.

I always knew why Leia contacted Ben. The man was a former great Jedi. Obviously Leia knew of this.

I agree with lex. Stuff like that was largely trivial and was hardly required to grasp the plot.  

I always knew why Leia contacted Ben. The man was a former great Jedi. Obviously Leia knew of this.

Correction: her father sent her to contact Obi-Wan who knew where Luke was.

'It is you who she is looking for, i'm too old for these things' -Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi

And of course, the prequels should have been 1000 years before ANH with no relation with the old movies. Now that's something trivial if they had been made that way.

Anyone appart from me isnt going to say that its nice to have mistery on the Sith revenge? Isnt it magical, brilliant or whatever **** ( :( ) too?

'It is you who she is looking for, i'm too old for these things' -Obi Wan (Ben) Kenobi

Assuming that you've never seen the english language version of the film, the line as written by Emperor Lucas is "I need your help, Luke. She needs your help. I'm getting to old for this sort of thing."

Neil

Assuming that you've never seen the english language version of the film, the line as written by Emperor Lucas is "I need your help, Luke. She needs your help. I'm getting to old for this sort of thing."

Neil

Yes, i have only seen it once in english. You know VHS does not have multilanguages option ROTFLMAO

Gary Oldman, who can currently be seen in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, is in negotiations to perform a character voice in Star Wars: Episode III, according to his reprentatives at the Douglas Management Group. Which character's voice he may perform is not revealed, yet a good guess would be that of General Grievous, the new villain of the final prequel.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5250

That would be cool. Oldman has a tendency to make movies far better than had any right to be (see 5th Element, Air Force One and The Contender, for starters.)

That would be cool. Oldman has a tendency to make movies far better than had any right to be (see 5th Element, Air Force One and The Contender, for starters.)

But even he couldn't save them.

Yep, Lost in Space ranks amongst the worst ever realized. Amazing that such big names can walk into trash like this.

----------------

Alex Cremers

But even he couldn't save them.

Well, no, but in a way he did. I smiled every time he appeared on film, it made even The Contender, which I think is a terrible movie, worth watching once. And at one point I even concidered seeing it a second time, just for Oldman's brilliant performance.

Yep, Lost in Space ranks amongst the worst ever realized. Amazing that such big names can walk into trash like this.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Well I also thought Williams should have scored it, but then what you said... I'm not that sure... :)

Maybe it was too much for my part to call them plot holes, since you dont need to know them to understand the story.

irrelevant, the Emperor isn't part of the story.

there is no character named Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars so once again, irrelevant. We know what Obi-Wan did, he help Leia's father Bail, (though we don't know his name)

- Why the War started?

you are wrong, we know the war was started to overthrow the empire.

- Who were the Jedi?

they are a religious order that were the guardians of peace for a thousand years.

Plus many things that are explained with just  one or two ambiguous sentences like the fall of the jedi, the republic, the clone wars, the rise of the empire, the force...

sure we do, you are just completely wrong. Oh and Star Wars was the first movie, it didn't start in the middle, it started at the beginning, once it became a boxoffice hit, Lucas built the rest around it, only being truely successful one out of 4 times.

and btw since we know the beginning of EpIII, and we know the ending, all we need to know now is the crappy middle.

Has Oldman ever been in a good movie other than PoA?

Justin

Ignorance is bliss.

Oldman has been GREAT in everything he's ever been in. PoA is possibly one of his least impressive performances.

Oldman has been GREAT in everything he's ever been in. PoA is possibly one of his least impressive performances.

It's probably the best movie I've seen him in...

Here's to a sucky performance in Episode III! :thumbup:

Justin

Apparently Ben Burtt is only responsible for editing a couple of action sequences in the movie..... (the opening battle and
), while Roger Barton is editing everything else....

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml#24233 (spoilers)

Good, the less non-sound designing work Ben Burtt does, the better.

Justin

Well I thought JFK, Dracula, and True Romance were pretty good.

Not great but good.

Justin

Well I thought JFK, Dracula, and True Romance were pretty good.

Not great but good.

Those also are not among his best performances.

Man that guy Barton has a HORRIBLE track record. The movies on that IMDB list suck.

Because of his editing?

Well no! However, the editing on those movies are not very good so his editing certainly did not help.

The official "Star Wars" website reports that the round of additional photography for Star Wars: Episode III has been scheduled and will be primarily blue and greenscreen shooting. Here's a clip;

"We're honing in a second cut of the film for July," says Producer Rick McCallum. Director George Lucas has shown the rough cut to select department heads and close friends, and the evolving edit currently has a number of placeholder animatics that will have to be replaced with new footage.  

Starting August 23 and running through September 4, Director George Lucas will again roll cameras on Episode III, this time in the UK. "We've got two full weeks of shooting," says McCallum. Among the cast members slated to work in that period are Silas Carson, Hayden Christensen, Anthony Daniels, Samuel L. Jackson, Ian McDiarmid, Christopher Lee, Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman.

McCallum adds that the filming involves a whole new sequence with Hayden Christensen and Yoda. Visit the link above for more of the article.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5308

The official "Star Wars" website reports that the round of additional photography for Star Wars: Episode III has been scheduled and will be primarily blue and greenscreen shooting.

How is that any different from main unit photography?

Neil

WOW that's the frist time he has ever looked handsome! BTW will they include in Ep 3 how Vader gets his face messed up?

And Hayden almost got a serious career going with Shattered Glass, now he's gonna get dragged down by this again.

Oooh, 'brooding'. Lucas is experimenting with lighting! Hmm, maybe this is just another bad fireplace love scene. And I wonder if he'll pull off the teenage angst as well as Daniel Radcliffe...we could put them in a pit and watch them both get really angry! Grrr!

I fear for Hayden's future career.

It'll be the Hamill effect all over again (only this time with some justice, since Hayden's acting range is only slightly outstripping this emoticon > :)). Anyway, it'll probably soon be renamed 'the Skywalker effect'.