Worst Soundtrack from a major composer....

hoby12

Howard Shore - Lord of the Rings (All of them)

I say this because any composer could have made that soundtrack.

I'm sure Hans Zimmer and his media ventures team would have done some amazing work, and if they weren't available, Randy Newman, Graeme Revell and Brad Fiedel could have shocked us all with a once-in-a-lifetime collaboration.

To me, the soundtrack is very close to the works of Carl Orff.

Yeah, I'd been thinking that "Concerning Hobbits" was familiar from somewhere... :happybday:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read a Basil Poledouris from 1999 where he said that he would love to score the LOTR trilogy. H esaid he was willing to commit 3 years of his life to the project. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I was thinking recently that if any other composer had scored LotR, Poledouris probably would have been the most fitting for it. It would have certainly been very interesting.

I once heard the easy way to win the oscar for best score is to add a huge ass choir. Someone should check the list and see how many have choirs.

This is pretty much impossible for some since composers like Elfman, Zimmer and Horner have put out alot of stinkers.

However the worst JW score for me is Images!

I once heard the easy way to win the oscar for best score is to add a huge ass choir.  Someone should check the list and see how many  have choirs.

In the last 15 years:

LoTR:RoTK

LoTR:FoTR

Titanic

The Lion King

Not much, but there were plenty of other sterotypes that won the rest of the time.

I personaly agree with J.Z. Kaplan, that a score with a musical insturment in the title is sure to win. That's why John Coriglinalo's Red Violin won.

However the worst JW score for me is Images!

How the hell could you call something that has two amazing Williams tracks worst?

Morlock- who conciders Blood Moon and Dogs, Ponies, & Old Ruins two of Williams' best tracks

Yep, the Red Violin is a fantastic score. It certainly was not one of those cases when I felt JW was completly robbed of his Oscar. But Angela's Ashes is pretty brilliant too. Both were deserving.

Who, *me*? I wouldn't dream of it. SOME of us are not obssessed with out post count.

I just happen to be filled to the brim with useful knowledge I must share.

(hee hee hee, if only they knew that all those spelling mistakes were on purpose, just to be able to reply to Neil's correction. YOUR SPACE-LESS SENTENCES ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO APPRITIATED, HUMER OR COMPUTOR, MUWHAHAHA!)

I'm just kidding. Although I do like the high post count, it is a perk. Seriously, just kidding.

.....or am I?

Morlock- who's just kidding

.....or is he?

Morlock- who is too important to be spoken about in the first person.

.....yes, he is.

The Patriot?! Good movie, good scoere. Far from the best but far from the worst either. it's one of the rare times with Williams where I actually like the movie better than the score.

And Joe... this AOTC hatred, give it a rest, man LOL! It's just nonsensical! I LOVE that score! :mrgreen:

As for Johnny... I'd call any score that Williams did like STAMPmom, or Non-Accidental PUKEist disappointing. However, that's just my taste in music, because plenty of people do like them, which is great! :baaa: (And even in those, one or two tracks in each I find enjoyable).

-Chris, Listening to ROTJ... "THE EMPEROR('S DEATH)"... ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK VERSION! WAHOOOO!!!! Hehehe...