Erich Kunzel conducts Star Wars Concert! (from all 6)

Ricardo224

The force will be with Erich Kunzel on July 8 & 9 as the Cincinnati Pops will put on a Star Wars Spectacular! ! !

Cincinnati Pops Favorites Concert: July 8-9, 2005

"The Star Wars Concert"

A sound and light spectacular set to rousing music by John Williams from all six Star Wars films, including the most recent, Revenge of the Sith. Live light sabre battles and the aerial viruosity of Alexander Streltsov will add to the excitement of the show.

? Erich Kunzel, conductor

? Alexander Streltsov, aerialist

? Joseph Sark & Co.

? May Festival Summer Chorus, Heather MacPhail, director

Fri., 7/8/05, 8 p.m. Subscribe now!

Sat., 7/9/05, 8 p.m. Subscribe now!

http://www.cincinnatipops.org/Events/Detai...y8-9POPS_05.asp

This is going to be an absolutely awesome concert! I will definitely attend one of the two performances. I've become a huge fan of Kunzel and drive down to Cincinnati as often as I can. In fact, I'll be seeing Kunzel and the Pops tomorrow night. Highly recommend this Star Wars concert!

beerchug

'>

This is going to be an absolutely awesome concert! I will definitely attend one of the two performances. I've become a huge fan of Kunzel and drive down to Cincinnati as often as I can. In fact, I'll be seeing Kunzel and the Pops tomorrow night. Highly recommend this Star Wars concert!

beerchug

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P

Seriously - I love Kunzel's interpretations of Williams and others (though, strangely, I have yet to replace my battered old tape of Star Tracks or its sequel with a proper shaving mirror...) and this should be a great concert......shame I can't be there!!!!!!!

I suspect there will be more Star Wars concerts like this by orchestras all over the world.

Jeff - who hopes to go to one of them

Hmmmmmm.....

Greg - who would kill to conduct one of them....

"And now, for the ceremonial banging of the plastic toys."

My Darth Maul light saber I got back in 1999 broke in the middle and I duct-taped it. :P

~Sturgis

Is it too late to change the Valkenburg concert yet? :P

LOL

Sadly - I don't think I would get away with carting an entire orchestra along too!!! Even then, I think some of my lot would complain a bit if I made them do JW stuff all the time - though they will be educated eventually.....

Greg - who put them through their paces tonight with Air Foce One.....

Hey all, im just wondering if anyone know's how much the cheapest tickets will be there at that show, like what it is on average, i looked at the website but couldn't find anything.

(and yes i have returned from a long internet hybatis some might remember me but i doubt it)

Hey all, im just wondering if anyone know's how much the cheapest tickets will be there at that show, like what it is on average, i looked at the website but couldn't find anything.

$20 gets you onto to the lawn. Video screen is provided so you can actually see everything that's happening on the stage. Should this be your choice, prey it don't rain. :spiny:

The best seats are $45.50. The rest of the seats go for $35.50.

Add an extra $9-$10 for convenience/handling fees. :D

Parking, of which there is plenty of, is free. ;)

Should you see a sign that reads WELCOME TO KENTUCKY while driving to the concert, fear not, you are headed in the right direction. ;)

The entrance to the parking lot will read CONY ISLAND but that is the right place to park. The parking lot is for both, Riverbend Music Center and Cony Island (amusement park).

• 2 weeks later...

It's been announced that Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops will give additional performances of the Star Wars concert at the Blossom Festival in northeast Ohio.

For those that don't know, Cincinnati is in the southwestern part of Ohio and is approximately 230 miles south of the Blossom Festival (Cuyahoga Falls, OH).

Those wanting to see the concert now have two locations to choose from:

The Cincinnati area on July 8 and 9

The Cleveland area on Sept 3 and 4

http://www.clevelandorchestra.com/html/Pre...eases.asp?ID=73