ROTS Finished and Indy 4 is coming

QMM

Producer Rick McCallum presented his "Spectacular" today at the "Star Wars Celebration III" convention in Indianapolis, IN. He started the show by presenting several minutes of footage from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith. It was enough to make anyone avoiding spoilers go into the fetal position. Though the clips didn't have audio from the movie (there was music playing over it), they were bits and pieces scattered from the whole movie.

Scenes showed included everything from the opening space battle to the final funeral scene. Fans got glimpses of General Grievous in action, the wheel bike chase, Polis Massa, the Emperor vs. Yoda, Bail Organa arriving at the Jedi Temple, Padme watching the Temple burn, Ki Adi Mundi on a snow planet, and more. Also included were the very first public glimpses of Alderaan. And there was a great shot of Yoda decapitating a couple of clone troopers.

McCallum followed up the rousing series of clips with a series of animatic vs. final footage comparisons. We saw footage from the final Mustafar battle, Yoda vs. Sidious, Kashyyyk, and more. Most notable was a scene of Anakin walking into the Opera booth and you could see Lucas (as a blue faced alien) in the lower left hand corner. (Now you know where to look for him in the movie!)

McCallum followed up with a Q&A with the fans. Here are the most notable points from what was said:

- "Revenge of the Sith" has a final running time of 2 hours 11 minutes. (McCallum joked it had 54 minutes of credits.) Lucas finished the film on Tuesday and screening it with Steven Spielberg (who gave it a Thumbs Up).

- They finished the final shot of "Revenge of the Sith" on the same sound stage at Estree Studios that Lucas first started filming "A New Hope" on.

- A fan noted that in the footage we saw, Vader's hands are no longer clamped in the upright position. McCallum complimented the fan on catching it and said it would make sense in the movie.

- Lucas got a script for Indiana Jones 4 last week and Spielberg plans to make it the film he does after his next one.

- When asked about the upcoming TV series, he said they haven't done any development work on it yet, but a live action series was definitely planned.

- McCallum confirmed again they plan to do Star Wars in 3-D, but they don't know when. They are currently limited by the few number of digital screens, few companies that can do the conversion from 2-D to 3-D, and more.

- When asked if Lucas would continue tinkering with the films, McCallum joked that he didn't think Lucas would be done until he was dead. McCallum said he had nightmares about Lucas and his daughter calling him in the middle of the night when he was old asking about Star Wars edits for "The Phantom Menace".

- McCallum stated that that will be making "Revenge of the Sith" available for screening for the troops in Iraq. Not only that, but it would be WIDELY availible. The process is moving for this to happen.

- McCallum confirmed that they are planning on doing marathon screenings of the saga with George Lucas in the US like he's doing in the UK.

- McCallum and Jim Ward dodged questions about getting the Ewoks and Droids complete series on DVD (as well as the old "making of" shows about the movies).. It was obvious from their lack of response that it was in the works.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=9297

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, but I pray for ID4, since that is my fav series of Movies ever. I am a bit scared however, I trust Steven, but harrison is getting up there, and what could they possibly write about that would work with H.F.'s age, I mean please don't add a son, and the brother thing is just dumb. HMMMM.....

McCallum confirmed again they plan to do Star Wars in 3-D, but they don't know when. They are currently limited by the few number of digital screens, few companies that can do the conversion from 2-D to 3-D, and more

Star Wars in 3-D??? Lookin forward to see that if that does happen. Do you really think they will do Star Wars in 3-D???

I think we previously established that Indy 4 will be Indy's epic adventure to outbid a group of Neo-Nazis for some powerful religious whatchamadooldle artifact on EBay.

Lucas got a script for Indiana Jones 4 last week

Let's just hope he doesn't reject it like he did with Darabont's script.

I think the 'got' means 'got assembled'

Whould he reject his script?

the question is... should he? :?

• 2 weeks later...
In a Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith interview with Time magazine, George Lucas also talks briefly about Indiana Jones 4.

"You know, I said three's fine. And then I came up with an idea I thought was brilliant, so I told the other guys [steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford], and they kind of flipped out," Lucas said.

Speaking about the story, Lucas adds that is it "vaguely in the realm of the supernatural. We have to accept the fact that Indiana Jones is an older man. But it's been hell getting a script out of it."

Lucas says that Steven Spielberg "is committed to shooting it next year. I just got the latest script yesterday."

:?

I'm optimistic

Max

I'm hoping that Indy 4 will be made; there's no reason to think that the movie won't be as good as the other 3 movies. No matter what happens, I have no doubt that Indy 4 will be better than 95% of Hollywood movies made these days (remake, remake, remake).