A Hero Falls Music video

Damo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have a problem with George using CG throughout the Prequels. They were needed and many people would have moaned and groaned if they got 1977 VFX.

Unfortunately the visual effects did not support the story in the prequels. They were used too often and overwhelmed the viewer. If George had have used them more skillfully then I would see no problem in their use at all.

The visual look of the film, IMO is what makes the trilogies look so different. The PT designs, locations, costumes and sets are all far different from the OT.

:( Making A Comeback - Nixon - John Williams 8O

I don't really have a problem with George using CG throughout the Prequels. They were needed and many people would have moaned and groaned if they got 1977 VFX.

Unfortunately the visual effects did not support the story in the prequels. They were used too often and overwhelmed the viewer. If George had have used them more skillfully then I would see no problem in their use at all.

I was rather underwhelmed with the FX. That's the problem, CGI looks impressive and yet it doesn't impress. It literally carries no weight (if you know what I mean).

The visual look of the film, IMO is what makes the trilogies look so different. The PT designs, locations, costumes and sets are all far different from the OT.

It had to be different. It was intentionally designed that way. Before the Emperor and Vader ruled the galaxy, all looked more luxurious. According to the film makers, the design by the end of the prequels is going to be a lot closer to that of the Original Trilogy, enabling a smooth transition.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I was rather underwhelmed with the FX. That's the problem, CGI looks impressive and yet it doesn't impress. It literally carries no weight (if you know what I mean).

Yeah I was underwhelmed by Episode II's VFX too.

It had to be different. It was intentionally designed that way. Before the Emperor and Vader ruled the galaxy, all looked more luxurious. According to the film makers, the design by the end of the prequels is going to be a lot closer to that of the Original Trilogy, enabling a smooth transition.  

I know, I was just simply pointing out the differences between the visual look of the OT and the PT. I don't have any problems with George making the PT and OT look different. Episode III will tie in both looks and trilogies.

8O I Remember - The Wind And The Lion - Jerry Goldsmith ;)

I like the video for the most part, but the gaps between lines, especially at the beginning, is atrocious. And the end should just go black, not perform a cheap "zoom" up to Vader's eyes. Overall, not bad, though.

~Sturgis

I love this clip. For me it is the best "trailer" of Episode III. It is the longer and it features music for the film (I love every trailer, but before watch the film, the spots with new music are my favourites). I think I´m gonna watch it everyday until the premiere of the film

Yuck. The dialogue was mixed way too loud. Is this a music video, or an abridged version of the film? :spiny:

Also, did anyone notice in that final shot Vader's hands are now down, instead of bolted next to his shoulders?

I found 'A Hero Falls' to be a brilliant video. I'm starting to look forward to ROTS.

I love the last 15 seconds of the video, when it cuts to blackness and you hear Palapatine go "Lord Vader" I was just like. :spiny:

Justin - *cough* who still thinks the film will suck....the film will suck...it will suck.... :spiny: