12a Rating

robthehand

I know this sort of thing has been mentioned many times here before:

When I was watching Revenge of the Sith, there was a bunch of about ten or twelve six year olds behind me (apparently on a birthday party as they kept reminding the entire audience). They just never stopped talking!!! It was either "I'm scared" when Anakin got burned alive after his duel with Obi-Wan, or stupidly extended giggling at R2-D2's "funny" moments, or just stupid comments like "Eeeewwww!" when Obi-Wan says "you were like my brother, Anakin! I loved you!" Incidentally the whole "a" part of the rating seems to have been scrapped as there wasn't even an adult with them...

My question is: should these people (i.e. those under twelve) be allowed in to see these films? They really did spoil it in my opinion (singing along with the Darth Vader theme etc. etc.). 12a has really deteriorated into another PG.

While Star Wars wasn't really that scary or shocking, I really don't think it is the sort of thing that six year olds should be watching (can't they wait for the DVD???)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be allowed to see the film - its not like from the age of 8 to 18 you suddenly should be banned from contact with anyone who is not in that age bracket - but the cinema should enforce the law, ie have not let them in without ID/parent. Anyway 12A is stupid - the only reason it was changed was so that Spiderman could get higher box office sales.

Tell them to shut up. And then go to the manager if they don't (screw the part of the movie you might miss). The majority of kids under 12 (especially 6 yr olds) aren't AS loud and obnoxious as those were. I went with friends to see movies like that when I was 6,7,8 and we were smart about it. But yeah :mrgreen:. Tell them to shut up or ur gonna get them kicked out. Cause 6 yr olds are scared of threats.

I had quite the same problem when i went to see Rots. There was this group of middle school kids, in their punk rock and goth outfits, thinking they were tough. They kept on laughing and throwing pop corn at each other, everyone in the theater was annoyed, alot of adults told them politley to be quiet, but they cursed back. I have the amazing ability to tune things out, so they didn't really bother me that much. HOWEVER. These idiots decided to start throwing ice and one piece hit my shoe (they were in the same row as me) i was PISSED. I got up ran over to them in full sprint and said the following: "That i ice you just threw it hit me, stop acting like idiots and SHUT THE F**K UP!" I went back to my seat and didn't hear a word from them.

BTW There was seperate group of idiot kids behind me younger than the other group, i need not curse at them for chit chatting, i just looked back once and they shut up.

I had quite the same problem when i went to see Rots. There was this group of middle school kids, in their punk rock and goth outfits, thinking they were tough. They kept on laughing and throwing pop corn at each other, everyone in the theater was annoyed, alot of adults told them politley to be quiet, but they cursed back. I have the amazing ability to tune things out, so they didn't really bother me that much. HOWEVER. These idiots decided to start throwing ice and one piece hit my shoe (they were in the same row as me) i was PISSED. I got up ran over to them in full sprint and said the following: "That i ice you just threw it hit me, stop acting like idiots and SHUT THE F**K UP!" I went back to my seat and didn't hear a word from them.

Nice one!

BTW There was seperate group of idiot kids behind me younger than the other group, i need not curse at them for chit chatting, i just looked back once and they shut up.

To shut people up, I usually only have to give then the dreaded Stefancos Eyeball

TheNewTrio.jpg

stefancoswatchingyoucopy.jpg

The_Eyes_Shine2.jpg

wrath.jpg

Though sometimes more drastic measures are required:

wrath2.jpg

I had a similar situation once in a cinema. Hearing noise, i calmly stood up walked to the back, grabbed the culprit by the scruff of the kneck, and stuck a pen in his eyeball without even an ounce of pity or remorse of fear, and i absolutely would not stop until he fell quiet and motionless. Screaming, everybody then ran out of the movie house in sheer panic and i had the entire theatre to myself for the duration of the movie. Near the end there were lots of people with black armour and automatic weapons outside. But at least i got some silence.

If there's a group of children,  

find the biggest or oldest.  

Slap him in the face.  

Problem solved.

LOL Reminds me of that strange ability Edward Woodward had in the 1980's TV show "The Equalizer" of making even the most visicous ghetto gang members stop in their tracks, by slapping them in the face with one of his black leather gloves and looking "Rather upset".

I had a similar situation once in a cinema. Hearing noise, i calmly stood up walked to the back, grabbed the culprit by the scruff of the kneck, and stuck a pen in his eyeball without even an ounce of pity or remorse of fear, and i absolutely would not stop until he fell quiet and motionless. Screaming, everybody then ran out of the movie house in sheer panic and i had the entire theatre to myself for the duration of the movie. Near the end there were lots of people with black armour and automatic weapons outside. But at least i got some silence.

This was in Afghanistan, right?

This was in Afghanistan, right?

No. It was inside Michael Jackson's private cinema in Neverland. Too many kids hanging around that place, i tell ya. Endlessly i told him it was a bad idea to have all those kids over. But would he listen to me? No!. Once again, Melange's wisdom ignored.

Who pays who, or is there paying involved? The theaters and the studio just take a percent of the ticket sale?

The studios get the majority of the ticket sales during the first two weeks (at least 80 percent or so, which explains why passes cannot be used during the first two weeks). The theaters make their money from the concession sales which is why they really don't like people sneaking food into the theater.

Neil

I mainly preview movies now and don't have to worry about the idiots that don't know how to behave in public.

Neil

How about the noise from those non-stop crispy candy sacks? I hate them just as bad! Preview people eat candy, no?

----------------

Alex Cremers

I had the same problem when I saw The Grudge, which is much worse when it comes to violence/gore. Had some 12 year olds behind us, and when poor Yoko reappeared sans a jaw I could hear them panic, and apparently one of them had to leave a little bit later because he was hyperventilating. Serves him right.

I had the same problem when I saw The Grudge, which is much worse when it comes to violence/gore. Had some 12 year olds behind us, and when poor Yoko reappeared sans a jaw I could hear them panic, and apparently one of them had to leave a little bit later because he was hyperventilating. Serves him right.

Serves him right?! Now THAT'S egocentric! What's next? Thank god, he had a heart attack! Now I can watch The Grudge in peace?

Please, for the safety of others, stay home!

As sarcasm is nigh-impossible to sense on the internet, I'll forgive that you couldn't see it. But still, what was a 12 year old doing in a 15+ movie in the first place?

Incidentally, why did you single my post out among the others where people apparently physically assaulted or verbally abusing patrons, instead of me with just my thoughts? At least I didn't stab the kid's eye with a pen.

They were clearly joking. I missed the sarcasm part in your post, sorry. I really thought it made you happy that the poor kid suddenly had to fight for his life.

I got up ran over to them in full sprint and said the following: "That i ice you just threw it hit me, stop acting like idiots and SHUT THE F**K UP!" I went back to my seat and didn't hear a word from them.

I see what you mean. I can't see this happening.

I mainly preview movies now and don't have to worry about the idiots that don't know how to behave in public.

Neil

How about the noise from those non-stop crispy candy sacks? I hate them just as bad! Preview people eat candy, no?

Typically there are maybe 4 or 5 of us in the theater and we're all pretty quiet and respectful at 2 am.

Neil

In my actual shape this is what i would do:

After Palpatines transformation, i would turn to them and smile.

(Another modification by my brother, using the same Hammil face as in the Joker. Here he put some Emperor's wrinkles.)

DarthOminuso_0.jpg

"Oh...I'm afraid these little guys will need new pants when they arrive home..."

I got up ran over to them in full sprint and said the following: "That i ice you just threw it hit me, stop acting like idiots and SHUT THE F**K UP!" I went back to my seat and didn't hear a word from them.

I see what you mean. I can't see this happening.

WTF!?

Well i went to the cinema today, and there were like six 7 year olds that got very noisy. In the end they resulted to be of use, since the sound got away several times in the movie (annoying to death) and well they were the ones complining aloud to the projector crew...

But they got their 'hush' anyways, when the movie started...

I couldnt use my dark powers 8O