Hollywood Walk of Fame for Williams. When????

SkyMaker

I just read that Theron got her star today. Some while ago I read that Brittney Spears got her star.

C'mon, Williams has been in the business for decades and single handledly changed the course of music in films and he still have not received his star yet??!! Yet, less minor people received their stars after only a few, very short years?

What's your thoughts on this?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read that Theron got her star today. Some while ago I read that Brittney Spears got her star.  

C'mon, Williams has been in the business for decades and single handledly changed the course of music in films and he still have not received his star yet??!! Yet, less minor people received their stars after only a few, very short years?

Don't people have to petition for stars to get these?

Neil

Yes, they do. Industry types submit proposals to some committee and the star is approved.

We need to get in touch with some Hollywood types to make this happen. Spielberg and Lucas, for starters.

Anyone know of any film composers with a star on the Walk?

Anyone know of any film composers with a star on the Walk?

Elmer Bernstein

Maurice Jarre

Henry Mancini

Alfred Newman

Lalo Schfrin

Max Steiner

Billy Dee Williams has one, yet John Williams does not. Pee Wee Herman also has one, and yet Bernard Herrmann does not.

Orson, who has two stars on the walk.

Not only do you have to petition to get one, but the person getting the star has to pay money to get it to. Williams may very well have been nominated, but decided not to pay to be "honored"

Boo hiss to hollywood.