THE OMEN TRILOGY - Box Set

nightscape94

Just out of curiosity, I checked the http://www.varesesarabande.com/upcoming.asp , page for anything interesting, and noticed that they are releasing expanded and remastered versions of all three Omen scores by Goldsmith with extensive liner notes :(

Coming out 10/11, right around the corner ROTFLMAO

Tim

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would seem they release the Omen Deluxe editions in one Box. A great release. I was for a moment alarmed. It would have been very frustrating if they first released the Deluxe editions and now put out some new versions since I own all the Varese Deluxe editions.

The Fly and Fly II? Are they being rereleased? Are they any good?Perhaps I might consider buying them.

- Incanus who is saving his money for the FOTR BOX, Memoirs of the Geisha, HP and the Goblet of Fire and Munich and...-

Yeah, Varèse Sarabande is doing a "specially priced" rerelease. The Omen Box Set is available everywhere CDs are sold, and is not strictly limited to Varèse Sarabande.

Tim

Just out of curiosity, I checked the http://www.varesesarabande.com/upcoming.asp , page for anything interesting, and noticed that they are releasing expanded and remastered versions of all three Omen scores by Goldsmith with extensive liner notes  8O  

Coming out 10/11, right around the corner  ROTFLMAO  

Tim

It's just a repackaging of the Deluxe Editions that were released several years ago by Varese.

I have Varese's original Fly CD but I'm going to get The Fly set because it's been remastered.

I reckon Mark is right. Just the Deluxe Trilogy stuck into a Box packaging set. The Deluxe editions of the 3 scores have extensive liner notes anyway and i cherish them. If you've not not picked them up yet though, then this Box set will be a good buy for you.

Melange - Born of a Jackal ROTFLMAO (or was it a Jackass? 8O )

Truthfully, I didn't know that there were deluxe editions that existed already. I was never that much into Goldsmith to buy many of his scores, so I thought this was something new. Upon further research, I did see all three available on Amazon.com in expanded versions.

Now that I know that, this new Box Set that collects all three under one small roof would be better for someone like myself, since it's only about $30 for the whole kit n' kaboodle. This is great because I wouldn't want to spend $60 or more on three separate CDs.

Cool.

Tim

The Fly and Fly II? Are they being rereleased? Are they any good?

Fly - Yes....

Fly II - Respectable....

I loved Shore's The Fly in the film I also have a track of it on the Varese Sarabande 25th Album. Fly II I've not seen or heard. Is it by Shore?

Justin - Who doesn't have any of the Omen DE's. ROTFLMAO

It's just a repackaging of the Deluxe Editions that were released several years ago by Varese.

banghead

Jeff -- who would also like the freaky synth music in "The Omen"

Well, buck up kiddo, this is the perfect opportunity 8O

The Box Set has all three deluxe scores, and is modestly priced.

Tim

The question is, does it tickly my fancy over things like Memoirs of a Geisha, Goblet of Fire, WOTW DVD, and....other things...

Justin - Who prefers buying things from an actual store to ordering online....

Fly II I've not seen or heard. Is it by Shore?

Christopher Young.

Never mind the flies then, the Omens are a MUST.

Marian - who remembers liking both Fly scores, but hasn't listened to them in a long while.

This is very good news for me. I have been wanting to get at least The Omen and haven't gotten to it yet, as my list of scores wanted seems to grow on a daily basis. I knew there was a reason I was holding out. ROTFLMAO

All that craving for those unattainable blonds. Man could go mad for less ROTFLMAO

BTW the Omen trilogy is worth the price (as it is so low ROTFLMAO ). I have not found many scarier score than these. Only Bernard Hermann's music in par in the level of dread (that man knew how to compose music that gets under your skin. Psycho is still scary as ever and even Taxidriver has a sense of dread under the surface which is just amazing.

I love Herrmann's dark and somber approach. Thankfully, he gave into Scorsese's beggings to do Taxi Driver and give us something unique in comparison to his previous works. Too bad he wasn't around longer to give us more. ROTFLMAO

All that craving for those unattainable blonds. Man could go mad for less :)

We all go a little mad sometimes. ROTFLMAO