6. Becoming a Geisha (4:52)

7. Finding Satu (3:44)

8. The Chairman's Waltz (2:39)

9. The Rooftops of the Hanamachi (3:49)

10. The Garden Meeting (2:44)

11. Dr. Crab's Prize (2:18)

12. Destiny's Path (3:20)

13. A New Name... A New Life (3:33)

14. The Fire Scene and the Coming of War (6:48)

15. As the Water... (2:01)

16. Confluence (3:42)

17. A Dream Discarded (2:00)

18. Sayuri's Theme and End Credits (5:06)

(source: Dan Goldwasser. Thanks!)

They seem a little short... At least we don't a complete "first track=last track" thing.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that is not the shortest Williams album but we could not expect to receive complete score either. Of course full CD of 80 minutes would have been a nice surprise. 60 minutes is fine with me. Angela's Ashes was 48 minutes of music (if not counting the Reprise) and it is a good album. This even does not have that Reprise thingy on it(which Iam glad of). I wonder how many of those 65 (or something like that) recoded cues ended up on the album?

That's about twice as much as the Hunt for Red October OST, you know.

And about 20 or 30 minutes longer than your average Goldsmith album. 60 minutes is not bad. The quality above quantity (but in this case there is no doubt about the quality :| ).

It's probably the complete score. The film doesn't look like it needs all that much music.

Justin

That is an once in a decade occurence and we have already had War of the Worlds with it's nearly complete score so I do not think so. But we can always hope can't we. :|

I agree that it's probably the complete score.Williams only pulls his half assed cripple-the -best -cues editing for his Star Wars and Potter scores.War of the Worlds,Terminal,CMIYC,Minority Report are nearly complete,or contian more alternates than we care for.

K.M.

I agree that it's probably the complete score.Williams only pulls his half assed cripple-the -best -cues  editing for his Star Wars and Potter scores.War of the Worlds,Terminal,CMIYC,Minority Report are nearly complete,or contian more alternates than we care for.

K.M.

LOL

Could it be true? Could it be complete?

Oh lighten up guys, it was a joke. I knew I should have used the silly face. The press release,album cover and track listing topic was five doors above this one, not to mention it was started by the same person.

:thumbup: Roald

We all know that if you click "DVD Filmography" on the left, which people rarely do, you will find the website's real purpose: drug trafficing.

~Sturgis

For me the 60 minute running time of the CD is fine. It's better than fine. It's excellent! No problems there. End of story.

Memoirs of a Geisha is 2h 25min long, so I doubt that 60 min of a score is complete, especially in a history drama. WotW was an action movie. I would think that Geisha is plastered with music.

Tim

Memoirs of a Geisha is 2h 25min long, so I doubt that 60 min of a score is complete, especially in a history drama.  WotW was an action movie.  I would think that Geisha is plastered with music.

One simple word: Patton.

Neil