Rehearsals

superman

Hey guys, I was listening to Far & Away Volume 2 and the last track is "rehearsing end credits" - a really interesting track, but of course they're cutting the interesting parts (when Williams stops the orchestra and starts correcting the issues he heard) !! My question is.. where can we find footage or audio of actual recording sessions so we can see/hear what is being corrected? Essentially observe the master in action. Of course we all know the Troy incident when a login @ ToddAO was leaked during the recording sessions. I doubt we'll see that happen again... So where can we find these things? Bootlegs and printed scores of film music are hard enough to obtain. I imagine what I'm asking for would be close to impossible, but there's gotta be something out there! What say you? I'd pay a LOT to watch the entire recording session of any given Williams film ;)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was so excited to hear the end credits rehearsal track on Far and Away Vol. 2, but like you said, they cut anything interesting. The best part is when the idiot flute player makes a blatant mistake and comes in a measure or so early.

Ray Barnsbury - who got it on Soulseek