Immolation Scene

Josh500

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I love the smell of a burnt Sith in the morning, it smells like...like victory..."

(Obi Wan in a conversation with Yoda as overheard by Bail Organa)

Williams captures the essence of that scene perfectly and with class.

The music was wonderful (and fit the film perfectly), but the way Obi-Wan watched as it happened made me laugh at the lunacy of the scene. C'mon! You love him like a brother and you're going to talk to him during the immolation rather than take his head off and put him out of his misery. Obi-Wan, I would have killed you on the Deathstar too!

Obi wan coulnt kill him and he left him to die. Its cruel, but i suppose he couldnt live with his blood in his hands. Im sure obi wan thought he wouldnt survive. Kenobi looks sad, and it is fitting.

All depends from the Point of View.

Yeah, now I got it! ;)

Which one do you like more? Anakin's Betrayal or the Immolation Scene? I think I prefer the former slightly more, though this is a tough one.

I have a real soft spot for Padme's Ruminations. That sad, quiet quote from Across the Stars (the last time it's heard in the saga) right when Anakin takes the plunge just... works. You know he's just doomed himself and it's the music that sells it.

I have a real soft spot for Padme's Ruminations.  That sad, quiet quote from Across the Stars (the last time it's heard in the saga) right when Anakin takes the plunge just... works.  You know he's just doomed himself and it's the music that sells it.

It doesnt appear when padme leaves or arrives to mustafar?

EDIT:

I checked, you can hear across the stars when padme boards her ship in his way to mustafar, and when she is thinking inside the ship when she lands on mustafar.