What is the best online shop to buy CDs?

CharlieSherry

Where is the best online shop to buy CDs?  

20 members have voted

1. 1.

• Amazon
    • Barnes and Noble
    • Buy.com
    • DeepDiscountCd
    • CDNOW

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of your choices I'd say Amazon. But the only place I buy from is half.com

And then of course there is http://www.moviemusic.com ;)

Buy.com is good when they get things in stock. I bought a CD there and it took weeks to arrive. I ordered another thing later on and they had there stock in and it arrived swiftly. ;)

BTW the CD was Schindler's List. :)

Justin -Who needs to get some more CD's. :(

I'm in Portugal, and I usually go for Amazon UK. Very fast and don't have custom problems... I've ordered form Amazon.Com and they are just great -- and fast. My Barnes and Nobel orders took over a month to arrive.

For special soundtrack dealers I always go for ScreenArchives and Intrada.

To tell you the truth, I've never bought a cd online. However, I always look at CDNow for CDs, and those prices are prettly low. I voted for CDNow because that one appeals to me the most. Which is best? It all depends.

~Conor

It's time for me to expand on my previous post (was at work, so had to keep it short)

Here is where I shop:

regular releases:

1-Half.com - new releases at (usually) very good prices, and so far, no bad experiences.

2-Amazon.com - used to use them constantly. Very reliable and quick. Even used Amazon.uk.co once and got the CD in a week! Prices are good, but not as good as they used to be!

Special/Promo releases:

1-Screen Archives Entertainment - These guys are great and quick. Flawless...

2-Intrada - this store is AMAZING! I actually used to live a mere 10 blocks from this store when it was based in downtown San Francisco and walked over all the time. One could easily get lost in the CD's and spend a fortune. Now they are online only and moved to Oakland, and still deliver outstanding service (they even let me come in and check the new place out-had no appointment-on a trip to San Francisco...thanks guys!!)

There a few others I use once in a while..Varese for their special releases etc., but these 4 are get the bulk of it.

Jamesyboy - who has to pay down his credit card 'cause of all the 'trouble' he gets into.....

LOL

Morn - Who was expecting something funny as usually from Hitch but had to laugh out of habbit

Amazon.com They're pretty good. A few times I got cd's from them where the CD case was empty! They at least replaced them for me. On a side note, if you order from them used, DON'T order from Wherehouse. I tried ordering Goldenthal's Batman Forever from them last week and they sent me a friggin alternative CD that was in no way similar (I was half expecting to get the song album, but this?!? :| ) They refused to send me the correct merchandise, opting instead to give me a refund. They said I'd have to order it from them again! Fat chance. banghead

CDNOW No problems with them. They're usually more expensive than the other guys.

Buy.com Some of the cheapest new Cds I've seen advertised. I got North's Cleopatra for under 20$ The only problem with them is that they sometimes don't post track titles or other album information. Their search feature is just plain terrible. It's hard to find thing on that site.

(Anyone know where I can get a copy of Goldenthal's Batman Forever cheap and quick? LOL )

(Anyone know where I can get a copy of Goldenthal's Batman Forever cheap and quick? LOL )

What?

Enter in deepdiscountcd.com

Seach for Batman Forever

And...

It is 13 $!

And the ship is free for United States!

I was looking for it last week and I ordered it in that shop

That Cd is the one I said in the first messege in this topic.

The problem is I live in Spain

If you order it, let me know

:|

And...

Didn´t you read my messege at Filmtracks?

Actually, no I didn't. :oops: What are the odds that you're looking for Batman Forever too though!?!? Small world eh? I was going to try Half.com, but it seems there are a bunch of idiots there who don't know the difference between a score CD and a soundtrack one. I actually did see that it was at deepdiscountcd.com, but that 10 day waiting period raised my eyebrow. Almost seems like it's on back order.

I sent an e mail to deepdiscountcd before buy the CD and they wrote in it that they have it. :|

10 days :(

Isn´t so bad for a CD out of print, difficult to find and impossible to find used LOL

Sorry but what "Almost seems like it's on back order" means? :oops: