CoS, what did JW do?

Lol, that's funny.  

So, William Ross was asked to write the score, which got rejected, and then John Williams jumped out of his crazy schedule on Catch Me if You Can to write the whole score.

The Wrobel piece doesn't even begin to describe that happening.

Which he didn't conduct, obviously, because he hates so much conducting his own music.

Funnily enough, the footage of the music being performed on the COS DVD shows Williams conducting!

Neil

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funnily enough, the footage of the music being performed on the COS DVD shows Williams conducting!

WHoa?! I need to go watch this.

Then again, I haven't watched single HP DVD documentary...it's hell to get to.

Lol, that's funny.  

r.

that quote Neil put is THE one I was looking for.I'll save it for future arguements.Admit you can't blame us for beeing confused!Why would someone who went through the trouble of making a (boring) 50 page analysis on the score sheets have done so just to plant a lie about Ross involvement?Now add to this quote those AotC cues turning up.

Also when I listen to action cues in CoS,sometimes I hear little musical phrases/mannerisms that come from earlier scores such as Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.For example the endings of The Spiders and The Flying Car are exactly the same as the ending of The Portuguese Coast(unreleased).Listen you'll see what I mean.Wouldn't this be Williams inadvertantly quoting a previous score rather than William Ross coincidently composing the exact same thing Williams did 10 years before?

it's also hard for me to understand how someone could mimic John Williams EXACTLY to the point where it's just as engaging.Don't tell me any composer with some experience could do it,it's easy...etc...if It were I guess many other composers could write music just as good as Williams,,,except that no one does..even the ones that try to imitate Williams on purpose like Joel Mc neely.

Anyways this is just as hard to proove as to who really directed Poltergeist,Spielberg or Tobe Hooper.Tobe Hooper of course,for one film he managed to be just as great as Spielberg,then never make another good movie again...

K.M.

Well, I can't imagine "Dueling the Basilisk" was written by anybody other than Williams. Besides, Neil has a habit of god damn always being right... :)

Hellgi and is claims are full of shit, there I said what others would not.