BloodBoal

I wonder if the beginning was dropped, because it started as the scene changed from the "Never Travel East" scene or not.

Maybe I'm alone with this theory, but I think Howard composed too much music than needed. When a film gets scored wall-to-wall, it often feels the movie is directed by the music, not vice versa. Maybe that is why PJ is dropping as much music as he can.

Welcome to The House Of Beorn!

Guess what? It's another pretty straightforward video!

0'00 - 2'09: Used and left untouched in the film. You'll notice that there is a microedit at 0'43 in the OST track (basically, 15 seconds of Beorn's material (just like what we hear from 0'28 to 0'43) were cut) and another one at 1'03 (just a few seconds of silence and about 5 seconds of music were cut here).

2'09 - 4'16: Unused in the film. We know for sure it was meant to underscore the conversation between Gandalf and Beorn about the Necromancer and the Nine (based on the thematic material that appears here) outside of Beorn's house, right before the Company's departure for Mirkwood. See a picture of that scene here: http://atolkienistperspective.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/beorn-and-gandalf-2.jpg. Hopefully, this scene will be restored (completely or partially) in the EE.

4'16 - End: Used and left untouched in the film.

The House Of Beorn

I just noticed something:

The music we assume is for the EE scene, its placement in the track suggests a longer conversation INSIDE Beorns house, where the picture of Gandalf and Beorn is OUTSIDE, which suggests a scene in between "Orcs I hate more" and "Go now, while you have the light", either there is more than one scene (which is likely) or that the music was placed in the middle for listening purposes.

Nothing was deleted inside the house that I know of. Why do you think it's not possible that it was meant to transition to outside right where BB's video cuts to black?

So you are saying the "EE music" (at 2:09 - 4:16 of BB's video) would go between where "orcs I hate more" and "Go while you have the light" are right now?

I'm lost. Are you suggested the music in the track is out of order or requires any editing? Because it isn't, and it doesn't.

BB gave me a chance to watch his revised Forest River videos earlier, so I've already seen them.

What can I say except - seems perfect to me! The whole sequence flows beautifully with all the music, and swapping those bits make the themes line up and everything just seems right. Great work again BB!

It might sound a platitude by now in this thread but excellent work BloodBoal.

The Forest River contains some of the best music in the film but the sequence in itself is just awful. It pains to watch that rollercoaster even for music's sake. :P

I don't get what your problem is with the edit at 0:58, it sounds fine to me.

Anyways, your two most recent videos are great as always, can't imagine there's anything wrong in them!

Love the subtitles you added to the Girion video :P Wasn't there an earlier video where you did fake subtitles too? I must have missed it, which video was it? (Probably The Woodland Realm)

Haven't watched the Durin's Folk video yet, but one thing I forgot to mention about the Thrice Welcome video is that I really like the setting of Bard's Family Theme that was supposed to play when Bard is reunited with his children. No idea why PJ dialed that out!

Since On the Doorstep is coming up, I thought I would let you know, that the harp and string bit when the Moon appears and right before the choral Erebor variation comes in when the light shines on the keyhole is longer, either an edit in the film or an edit on the album.

Just watched this. Excellent work, again!

No idea why PJ removed/altered any part of this music in the film. Oh well.

I must admit I'm too immersed in this scene to notice that the full rendition of Thorin's theme is omitted. A shame for sure, but I still happen to think this is the best scene in the film. Wonderfully acted, heartfelt, brilliantly scored. Yes Thorin gives up far too easily (but he couldn't have gone too far), but I can overlook that.

Thorin giving up so easily on the stairs of Erebor is the new Sam actually deserting Frodo on the stairs of Cirith Ungol.

That whole search for the hidden door is very rushed in the film and Thorin giving up just like that adds insult to the injury.

Thorin giving up so easily on the stairs of Erebor is the new Sam actually deserting Frodo on the stairs of Cirith Ungol.

Come on it's not that bad. Maybe in the EE we'll see a shot of him hanging around by the stairs as the others go down. And at least it gives Bilbo a moment to shine. As many have observed, they're few and far between unfortunately.

The search itself was rushed, I'll give you that. I imagine we'll see more of that for sure.

Ken Stott is superb in that scene, though.

Ken Stott is probably the best actor of the lot. His performance as Balin is wonderful.

Very cool! Love the atmosphere Shore creates here. I can only imagine what the previz imagery he actually scored to looks like. Probably used Howe and Lee art for inspiration.