Is there a good version of the Superman Theme without the Love Theme interlude?

TheUlyssesian

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for one for ages. All of the ones I have come across so far have the love theme interlude.

Its an integral part of the march...even ottman couldnt scise it from his short 1:50 minutes main titles...

No, there isn't. There is no proper arrangement of the march without it. It really is integral. It cannot function without it, unlike with Raiders March and the interlude of Marion's theme.

Thanks Faleel. I liked this version but it feels slightly scattershot.

Regarding the March itself, I believe the Love Theme is a separate theme which has its own concert version so shouldn't be a part of the concert version of the main theme. I do like the March with it but would probably enjoy it moreso if it were just the main theme.

I disagree. In the Superman mythos, his love and attachment to Lois Lane is one of the most elemental and enduring aspects.

Williams captured that brilliantly.

Besides. The Concert version of the Star Wars theme also has Leia's theme in the middle.

I've been thinking about the Superman theme lately, and the subliminal meanings behind the character's A and B themes. But I'd have to boot up my laptop to make a decent job of it.

Another thread idea I'll probably forget about.

And Marions theme has been used in the Raiders concert theme quite a bit.

Yeah, but the album version of The Raiders March proves the inclusion of Marion's Theme isn't required when it comes to that piece. They're both great and they both work. With Supes, this doesn't really work for me.

Another thread idea I'll probably forget about.

your iPad is restricting your creative input!

Isn't is supposed to be beer that does that?

The board's lack of functionality and compatibility has a lot to answer for! Although in this instance I'm typing on my phone.

Handheld devices are good as far as they allow for forum chime-ins and back-chat. For anything more than that you need a trusty old keyboard, unless you're one of these gloriously kitted-out new-fangled mobile/tablet-friendly sites. Which sadly JWFan is not.

It's keyboard or fuck off. But I'm not complaining - I got bored of it ages ago.

Then buy an iPad keyboard?

That defeats the object.

Look, the laptop is across room from me. I could boot it up and sit at it anytime. I just can't be arsed to. Waiting is a hassle.

And yet...bacon cheeseburgers sans cheese exist...

no then they are bacon burgers.

I only order cheeseburgers when I go out, but at home I always have a hamburger

I love the Goldsmith Supergirl "Emerald City" theme ( I think it's called that). I find myself listening and enjoying that almost as much as Sup's love theme. As far as a Superman theme minus the love theme, well I haven't heard one. I think it would seriously be lacking without that cue.

The superman III end titles....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS8gSTLLNQo

This is bizarre. It doesn't actually include the principal Main Theme at all! It includes the intro part of the main title (G--GCGG-----topC--G--C-----), and the jaunty second subject (C-CD----DDFEDA-GG-----), but not the main part of the main title (C-CG----GAGFG--------).