Apart from the first and last tracks, which are your Top 5 tracks from the TFA and TLJ soundtrack albums?

Josh500

6 hours ago, Josh500 said:

Exactly! You hit the nail on the head.

Actually I'm really digging this right now. So beautiful and dramatic.... I can't stop listening to this.

Thank you! And for The Rebellion is Reborn, what part of the movie does that come from. I can only think of Luke saying the Rebellion is reborn today. Any help?

It is the concert suite of the main new themes for the movie.  So, it comes from all of the movie.  

And, as I have mentioned in one of the numerous threads, while I would have preferred multiple pieces, in comparison with the other two SW movies with only one concert piece (II and III), I like Rebellion much more.  

9 hours ago, Tom said:

And, as I have mentioned in one of the numerous threads, while I would have preferred multiple pieces, in comparison with the other two SW movies with only one concert piece (II and III), I like Rebellion much more.  

I like this piece almost as much as Across the Stars. In fact, it reminds me slightly of ATC, especially the bridge. They're both beautiful "lovely" themes interspersed with dramatic "troubled" passages.... 

Kinda, yeah.

I actually really like that its a concert arrangement of two out of the three new themes of the scores, rather than just one (I mean, unless one subscribes to the idea that different sections of a theme are separate leitmotives). Its like a succinct representation of the entire score in one piece of music. Usually, that's what Williams does with his end-credits suite, but since those are as long as they are in the Disney features, he instead did it with this piece

The third theme is used very sparingly and really only appears, in its definitive form, in one section of the film, anyway.

From TFA my top 5, ignoring first and last would be:

1. Rey's Theme - the defining theme of the sequel trilogy, musically complex with multiple interlocking musical ideas, and a really good fit for the character.

2. March of the Resistance - a fun, new militaristic theme that fits comfortably in the SW oeuvre while sounding fresh enough to not edge into parody.

3. Scherzo for X-Wings - a cool concert arrangement of exciting action set piece music that incorporates the main titles theme.

4. Follow Me and The Falcon from the FYC album. Cheating a bit, but these two tracks combined make for a much more satisfying action set piece than how they're broken up on the OST. 

5. Torn Apart - pitch perfect scoring that goes from hesitant, to tender, to hopeful, to dramatic shock and pain. 

I don't have a top 5 for TLJ yet.

• 2 weeks later...

TFA

1. The Abduction

2. I Can Fly Anything

3. Farewell and The Trip

4. Follow Me

5. The Scavenger

TLJ

1. The Supremacy

2. The Spark

3. Chrome Dome

4. Peace and Purpose

5. The Battle of Crait

FYC tacks I really wanted to include - The Resistance and Rey's Journey, respectively