Are there concert arrangements for LOTR themes?

Demodex

I would love to have a concert arrangement of some of Howard Shore's themes, especially Rohan and Gondor, but I don't know if any have ever been released.  😞

A lot of the alternates and pieces on the fan-credits, OST and Symphony function like concert arrangements of thematic material: Concerning Hobbits, The Black Rider, the Gandalf the White and instrumental Evenstar pieces in the fan-credits of The Two Towers, etcetra...

• 3 years later...

I've been going through all my Erich Kunzel CDs, and came across arrangement of themes (from the first film) he did, here it is:

What do people think of it?  It's a bit... random in how it goes from one theme to another, but some of the arrangements are kinda fun?  Nothing really sounds like the original recordings, they are all changed up a bit, mostly in orchestration.

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh I don't remember that, time to listen again

OK yea, the last 40 seconds of that suite are a bit out of left field, eh?  Sounds like someone coming up with a demo for like, winning the Helm's Deep battle before the second movie was out or something

I like the strong brass in the opening section as a nice contrast to the lighter fairytale-esque orchestration, and generally his reorchestrations make really effective use of the smaller ensemble. The transitions range from rather nice to downright jarring though.

The May It Be section is really beautiful! (surerly one of the best ever credits songs that doesn't use a film theme) The last 40 seconds I think starts well (one of the better transitions) but I don't like that ending... it feels like an unnecessarily OTT build-up - the opposite of what Shore did at the end of The Ring Goes South.